Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #3061
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I was asked why don't I Cosplay just plus size anime ppl.....Why would you ask me that?????? 90%(I'm no math wiz) of anime ppl are stick thin! I ain't Cosplaying only 10% while others do what they want! I bet if any anime person you google adding the word fat or big I bet you will get a picture of them big..made by thin ppl who would like to bring anime ppl more into today's world. We can't all be thin or in between...I have tried so many times and I love myself so please go bother someone your size...thank you. Ok I'm done

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #3062
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

^ People be so ignant.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #3063
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Was doing so well forgetting about ex boyfriend and moving on. Then my mind was like, "HEY! Remember being together for two years and loving him? Good times, bro." Emotions why...
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #3064
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Snails! Snails everywhere! I keep treading on them and feeling bad about it. v_v

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #3065
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Was doing so well forgetting about ex boyfriend and moving on. Then my mind was like, "HEY! Remember being together for two years and loving him? Good times, bro." Emotions why...
because emotions like to throw you on the ground and curb stomp you when you least expect it.

Also snails are gross and destroy plants.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 07-15-2012 at 05:05 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #3066
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Some times I wish I didn't have a license, that way people wouldn't be asking me to go everywhere left and right to buy them food, just because they can't get up from what their doing. While I'm working on things and they're watching shows on TV.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #3067
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

It is not wise to sweet talk to the person who is bending over backwards for you and not follow through. Especially if they're security and they're looking over a lot of rules for you. Bribeing your gaurds is not a bad thing especially if you got at least 50 teeangers let loose in a gated community. At least we can magically forget for a time what address the party was at.

Annoying and fusterating your gaurds leads to us dropping hints to even more mischeivous residents. Like the one with the old police car still with it's police search lights.
Unread 07-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #3068
CorporatePuppet

why do cons cost so much? like, the entry fee is always so high and it's basically for just standing in a line most of the time...sigh I wish prices would come down =_= sometimes I can't go to cons cause of the entry fees....and the stuff in the cons are HEAPS expensive~like a normal anime printed shirt can cost $30-50 when on line you could get the same thing for like $15.
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #3069
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePuppet View Post
why do cons cost so much? like, the entry fee is always so high and it's basically for just standing in a line most of the time...sigh I wish prices would come down =_= sometimes I can't go to cons cause of the entry fees....and the stuff in the cons are HEAPS expensive~like a normal anime printed shirt can cost $30-50 when on line you could get the same thing for like $15.
Excuse me for a second, but my age is going to show. You know I remeber when the dealers room was all about a deal. You know this was back when when cells where still popular buys and you could have a whole vender with clothes lines full of cells looking to be sold. Moogles sold for 5 dollars now today are sold for 35 or higher. One thing that PMO is at AM2 thre was a second caste figure for 130, yes 130 dollars, and I know where to get it online for 15.99, or go down to Little Tokyo and buy it. The better yet were the last day deals that well, no pretty much longer exist. If you go to a convention and the dealers actually are a deal it is of dying breed. To much greed has filtered into the dealers hall and it seems that more poeple are looking for easy suckers. yes, I know with time things go up in age, but when it can come cheaper else where lagit don't sell me yoru crap. One guy at AM2 when I mentioned the thing he was selling last year was ten dollars cheaper (slip of tongue) he mentioned the rise of yen, shipping, blah blah blah. Okay if your having your price higher because of that, then why doesn't the price rise else where.

There were three vendors at AM2 that were actually cheap, and cheap I mean step back and ask if they are kidding cheap.

Do your foot work, and if you know something is over priced don't give in to the greed. I can understand 2 or 3 dollars above average, but not 5 to about 115 dollar over price.
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #3070
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
because emotions like to throw you on the ground and curb stomp you when you least expect it.

Also snails are gross and destroy plants.
B-but they're little tiny snails with little tiny shells. ;_;

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3071
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePuppet View Post
I'm not sure what you consider expensive for paying entrance to a line, but it is not cheap running a convention. The convention I staff for is fan run, so none of us make money helping out the convention - and the passes are $55 at the door for the weekend, which i'd consider cheap. We donate proceeds to the sick kids foundation - but there isn't much, since we want the passes as cheap as we can get.
Conventions that run for profit are another story all together.

As for dealers rooms, sometimes you can barter with people, but if they are asking for 30 bucks each, idk what you could do with that... because if it's not buy 1 get one free its not worth it.
I typically only step into the artists alley and buy everything there.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #3072
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I usually do my shopping on Sunday.They usually lower prices or are willing to haggle then.

Also, I'm getting really sick of this heat. It's so hot and sticky in this damn apartment that I can't even stand to be in the kitchen or bathroom more than a few moments (since they get zero air or breeze). God damn it, I want to COOK something for breakfast, not sweat profusely in front of an OPEN fridge while I pour a bowl of cereal for the tenth day in a row because it's too fucking hot to cook anything. Oh, and some rain would be GREAT. Walking on any grass around here is like stepping in a bed of needles and they're already considering water rationing further than "Only water your lawn on x day".
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #3073
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&amp;Only

ARGH!!! I'm so mad at my telelvision!! DirectTv and Viacom crap got rid of almost EVERY CHANNEL I WATCH!! Now I'm stuck at home bored without spongebob and my other shows!! Stupid TV! You'r lucky you still get cartoon network or you'd be sleeping with the fish..the mechanical fish..the sleeping mechanical fish.....
hmmmm what else am I mad at right now?
O yea, quite literally THE CAKE WAS A LIE!!
I was promised cake and couldn't get it...yet saying that line makes me a little less angry about it.

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #3074
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Children of Men: Forum Edition.
This refference, I like it.

Pheww...

That was a fucking trek, finnally caught up in this thread. Ugghhh

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if someone from this forum I cared about passed away, I don't know if I could ever come back here. But I'm so glad you're all here, especially you Sam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #3075
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I hardly buy a thing from the dealers room. Usually I get a tee shirt as something that I can use often to remember the event. But dealers know that 16 year old's aren't going to ask questions about how much this Naruto import really is worth.

I think the one thing I'd really be cool with spending over $30 for is at Megacon, every year I've gone I've seen a VHS tape for Snow White meets the Harlem Globe Trotters. It's something like $30-35 and looking back on things, If I had the money at any point in the future and I come across it again I would totally buy that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote