Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 110 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #3136
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
The bastard.
Girl so I'm not sure bastard works lol, but she knew I really wanted to watch it *sigh*
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #3137
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Girl so I'm not sure bastard works lol, but she knew I really wanted to watch it *sigh*
0_o well didn't expect that one, guess it would have been more clear to say that bitch, but I was avoiding cursing.
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #3138
SoraXroxasXaxel
静か 領

[Rant/complaint start] Well, I feel like a loser with only cosplay to look forward to. Honestly I have like no friends (except online) because people take one look at me and just hate me right away. Im a failure in school because I cant focus on my work since my mind is constantly racing about different things; im not allowed to get a job because my mom wont let me since I have diabetes, and since my family is poor (like a lot of other people, which sucks) we're stuck living in my grandmas house. My main problem is my room. It used to be the family room, aka, the center of all creatures that are supposed to be living outside. i.e. spiders, rats, mice, ants, and in some cases mildew when it rains, since it leaks through the walls and sandbags and wets the carpet. Its yucky I have various medical conditions; Diabetes, severe depression (due to abuse and other tramatic incidents), bi-polar, severe anxiety (panic attacks) and Im wondering what I should do, because Im not sure how to make the best out of these situations... :/ Im pretty good at hiding my emotions and being that happy-go-lucky person with a bunch of planned cosplays and happy things to talk about, but Im worried I may explode one day =3= I know this forum isnt for like counseling and stuff, and Im going to feel really dumb after this, but I felt the need to say this just so I could get it out somewhere. *deep breath* [Rant/complaint over]
SoraXroxasXaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #3139
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

First off SoraXroxasXaxel if you are mentally capable enough to remeber to control your surgar and you are doing well diabetes is not a disability. But mothers can be protective that is what mothers are supposed to do. And if you want to get rid of mildew and have a spray to keep mildew at bay mix a spray bottle with 1 cup water to one Tablespoon of Teatree oil. I have the same issues in my room with mildew. Insects hate it too. And personaly mold is more of a risk to a diabetic then work. Not to scare you.

But cosplay is good for a person on the edge it takes your mind of of sheet for awhile and lets you be someone else for a little while. It is good you get to cosplay. Keep your head high and remeber when you feel like your going to explode start doing something you know will take your mind off of things.

-edit-

PS: You're not alone in only having friends OL thing. I just havn't succeeded at the whole meet a person and becomes friends in real life thing.
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #3140
SoraXroxasXaxel
静か 領

Quote:
First off SoraXroxasXaxel if you are mentally capable enough to remeber to control your surgar
and you are doing well
diabetes is not a disability.
But mothers can be protective that is what mothers are supposed to do.

And if you want to get rid of mildew and have a spray to keep mildew at bay mix a spray bottle with 1 cup water to one Tablespoon of Teatree oil. I have the same issues in my room with mildew. Insects hate it too.

And personaly mold is more of a risk to a diabetic then work. Not to scare you.

But cosplay is good for a person on the edge it takes your mind of of sheet for awhile and lets you be someone else for a little while. It is good you get to cosplay. Keep your head high and remeber when you feel like your going to explode start doing something you know will take your mind off of things.
-edit-

PS: You're not alone in only having friends OL thing. I just havn't succeeded at the whole meet a person and becomes friends in real life thing.
No, Im not exactly mentally capable. I have been trying my best to take care of my blood sugar, but its often in the 300's, so I feel really drained and I give up a lot.
I know I worded that wrong, sorry. It feels like one though.
I know, but she mainly wants me for babysitting. Thats 90% of it, the 10% is the protective part. Its something at least xD
Everything else scares me, so mold makes no difference xD
I'll try that, like I said, I knew I would feel dumb after this. I've just been having a bad day. I've never been good at explaining myself or telling the whole story so I guess I'll say Im just a bit grumpy. Hence posting in the ranting/venting thread. I actually wasnt expecting anyone to respond to it. I just wanted to vent so I could get this off my mind ;_; but I appreciate your advice c:
SoraXroxasXaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #3141
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

It's the venting thread, it's here to vent, never feel dumb about it. There wouldn't be a vent/rant thread if there was no one needing to vent. So if you want to vent, vent.

-edit-

I just noticed on the California thread your from Fullerton. Hee hee I know where that is. Anyway you mentioned having ants. Well CA does have carpenter ants, and they are the most fun to mess with. You can usually tell you have carpenter ants because expect for swarming around food they keep straight neat lines. Agiain these ants are fun to mess with. Why? Well they won't cross patrolium Jelly.

Last edited by RoMayDrako : 07-19-2012 at 07:04 AM.
RoMayDrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #3142
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I keep falling asleep and leaving the computer on by accident. The electric bill is going to end up higher 'cuz of my terrible sleeping habits and I hate myself for it. wbfgiwubeiuqbieunwrg.

crapcrapcrapcrapcrap.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #3143
Tsukino Sora

My mom is yelling at me to get a job, and my personal response is: what the hell? Mom, I can't remember to eat, sleep, or do my homework, much less the complicated things like brushing my teeth or taking a shower. How the hell do you expect me to obtain and hold down a job?

Look: I know you don't want to face the facts, but you're going to have someone tell you this sooner or later. I'm not capable of being an adult just yet. Maybe not even ever. I can do a lot of things that even some adults can't do, but there are things I can't do that even a child cannot. Even the doctor that specializes in kids with autism spectrum disorders can't figure out what makes me tick, or why I act the way I do. I don't know the answers to those questions, either.

Please, mother. I'm trying to balance three cosplay groups, several cosplay gatherings, some panels at conventions, and possibly even my own convention, not to mention my attempts to pursue a career in either writing, illustrating, photographing, or voice acting, as well as the issues I get from friends. Does that not sound like a lot of work to you? Sure, you will probably never see what I do as productive, but I do.

This is probably just the tired me talking, but I'm practically begging you here. Will you please just get off my back and start worrying about your 26 year-old daughter who spends 2 hours at a time looking at funny pictures of cats?

/end rant
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #3144
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
0_o well didn't expect that one, guess it would have been more clear to say that bitch, but I was avoiding cursing.
She said she's buying the box set so we can watch it together xD I love her.

Tsukino- Does your mother pay for you?
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #3145
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraXroxasXaxel View Post
No, Im not exactly mentally capable. I have been trying my best to take care of my blood sugar, but its often in the 300's, so I feel really drained and I give up a lot.
I know I worded that wrong, sorry. It feels like one though.
I know, but she mainly wants me for babysitting. Thats 90% of it, the 10% is the protective part. Its something at least xD
Everything else scares me, so mold makes no difference xD
I'll try that, like I said, I knew I would feel dumb after this. I've just been having a bad day. I've never been good at explaining myself or telling the whole story so I guess I'll say Im just a bit grumpy. Hence posting in the ranting/venting thread. I actually wasnt expecting anyone to respond to it. I just wanted to vent so I could get this off my mind ;_; but I appreciate your advice c:
now are you type 1 or type 2? My brother is type 2 and before he started wit his current doctor his sugar was in the 600s. He managed to get it down to an optimal number after 5 months of intense ... stuff. Things like life style changes were pretty obvious, eating better and the such too. Although exercise is also very important and since he lost his car and no walks to work that was probably the best thing that ever happened to him(even though it sounds like bad luck).

His A1C or whatever that test is started at 16 and came down to 5.6 so the truth 'a the matter is he BEAT diabetes just about. Now my brother is also scatter brained, doesn't pay attention, has bipolar, ADHD and all that kinda stuff. If he can do it you can do it ;p
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #3146
Tsukino Sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Tsukino- Does your mother pay for you?
Yes, because I'm 17.
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #3147
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Sora View Post
Yes, because I'm 17.
Then I think you're old enough to get a job and get some responsibility and she's just trying to teach you it. To be fair you can't learn responsibility until you get some. I started working around your age and I've had to give up some things but I enjoy being independent.
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #3148
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Don't take this the wrong way, but at 17 you're more then capable of getting a job and buying your own shit.

Anyone who says they're not 'ready' to be grown up is more then needing in some serious growing up.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #3149
Tsukino Sora

Fair enough to both of you. I'll rethink my thoughts on the matter, as you appear to have talked some sense into me.
Unread 07-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #3150
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

As an aspie myself, I'm glad my parents did have some lenience in knowing it was really hard for me to actually find and hold down jobs or take initiative on things I'd never done before (hell, I'm 22 and still don't know how to drive despite saying I need to since I was 19). But by no means was I allowed to just laze around and mooch and make no goals or plans whatsoever. I was expected to do well in school (I always did, fortunately), go to college (I did, it was just a waste of a diploma), do my share of housework, take responsibility for irresponsibility (if I didn't set my alarm to the right time in the morning and overslept? Tough luck, they had to go to work before me and wouldn't wake me up, so I'd better not do it again...), and at least LOOK for a job even if I didn't get hired (I didn't get my first "real" job until I was 19, and got fired after three weeks, then took several more months to get one that I held down for over a year). Some people do mature faster than others and seem to just LOVE being up to their eyeballs in responsibility, it's a fact, but you do have to draw a limit of how "behind" you can let your kid be.
That said, I was always getting pissed off at an aunt of mine who when I was in my teens would always loudly demand at every family function that I had to go get a job somewhere I'd never heard of or in some field I wouldn't be able to stand working in, because all HER kids were working by the time they were 8. I was not HER kids, and hell, I was not NORMAL like her kids were, either, so what supposedly worked for them is/was not the same for me.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote