Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #3241
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Hey I completely understand where you're coming from and my clothing sizes range from medium all the way up to XL. Sometimes it's just frustrating when it feels like the world isn't really fitting for you and you're always forced to adjust yourself to it. Even if you're completely happy with yourself and your size, it can get bothersome and that's totally understandable. And I agree that an extra $100 for one size up from large is kind of outrageous.

If you're looking for commissioned pieces I highly recommend Fan Plus Friend, they offer 'standard sizes' already available as well as custom sizing (which if I recall is no extra cost, or very little). Going off their largest standard size for women it states the following:

Size USA 20
bust: 44in/112cm
waist: 36in/91cm
hips:46in/117cm

For reference of quality, this is the Alice in Wonderland cosplay I bought from them.
The costume included:
Dress
Apron
Velvet ribbon

I purchased the petticoat, tights, and shoes individually. This was also not custom sized and I believe was an American size 8.

They also have staff on Skype if you need to talk with them, if you're not sure if you're size would be available.
Thanks I will give them a try also I've noticed that I must be weird cause my measurement all state I'm a size 20 except for my waist which is bigger. Some of my stuff I got is like size 18 and up since I can wear almost anything size 18-24 and binding puts me at a nice 16 but I can't really breathe at that point lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
I know what you mean. If I was capable of making an outfit for someone who lives far away from me I would make if for you. :P
thanks I will try it myself and if it fail I can try getting it commissioned.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #3242
Lithium Flower
Handphones

You're certainly not weird sizing! That's just how your body is and where weight is distributed (this is the case for anyone of any size) and that's just fine. I definitely do recommend them, but some of their pieces may not be the most accurate in terms of detail. A lot of it is gorgeous (check their lolita site, omg) but somethings just aren't quite there in terms of color choices or fabrics. I really am happy with my Alice cosplay from them though!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #3243
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
You're certainly not weird sizing! That's just how your body is and where weight is distributed (this is the case for anyone of any size) and that's just fine. I definitely do recommend them, but some of their pieces may not be the most accurate in terms of detail. A lot of it is gorgeous (check their lolita site, omg) but somethings just aren't quite there in terms of color choices or fabrics. I really am happy with my Alice cosplay from them though!
thanks again for telling me that site. I found like the perfect outfit but I'm still a bit weirded by the Waist size >_< with a corset I know I can go down to 44in but that 39 scares me...and how much they shipping? It's trying to tell me it's free but I know it's not lol

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Unread 07-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #3244
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
thanks again for telling me that site. I found like the perfect outfit but I'm still a bit weirded by the Waist size >_< with a corset I know I can go down to 44in but that 39 scares me...and how much they shipping? It's trying to tell me it's free but I know it's not lol
I honestly cannot remember, because for me I was actually given overnight shipping at no extra cost when I expressed concern that I wouldn't have it in time (my fault, not theirs). You might want to contact one of their staff on Skype to ask, if anyone is online at the time they're usernames will be on the side bar down near the bottom of that bar-but right now it doesn't look like anyones online. They have an FAQ which gives some general quotes here: http://store.prostores.com/fanplusfr...e/shipping.htm

It looks like they're doing a %40 off on shipping until July 30th, on average it looks like to the US,Canada and Australia it's around $18 for a fairly average weight costume shipment.

They also have an email address you can use, but I found it fairly slow and the company is based in Hong Kong so their English via email service is a little confusing. Their skype chats are much faster.

Also, here's their FAQ page: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/service....html#shipping
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #3245
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Again thanks for the help

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #3246
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&amp;Only

Just wonderin, has anyone ever had a good "best" friend that they loved sooo much (lika a sis/bro) But then spent more than 2 days with them and all of a sudden it's like "HOW AM I FRIENDS WITH THIS PERSON!?" I mean, during the day they seem awesome, cool, fun etc..but when u actually spend TIME with them (like more than 2 days is a good estimate) they become these weird, tempermental, spolied, or irritating person u dnt even reconize?
It makes me rethink my friend choices -_-

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #3247
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackroseHunter View Post
Just wonderin, has anyone ever had a good "best" friend that they loved sooo much (lika a sis/bro) But then spent more than 2 days with them and all of a sudden it's like "HOW AM I FRIENDS WITH THIS PERSON!?" I mean, during the day they seem awesome, cool, fun etc..but when u actually spend TIME with them (like more than 2 days is a good estimate) they become these weird, tempermental, spolied, or irritating person u dnt even reconize?
It makes me rethink my friend choices -_-
Kinda of.... one of my friends is great, but sometimes it's hard to spend a ton of time with her. She is just a lot to deal with for a lot of time.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #3248
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Yes.

Often.

I've found that there are very few people I can enjoy extended periods of time with, Boyfriend pretty much being the one and only.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #3249
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

I finish with metal rehabilitation, people SOMEHOW find out, and are all over me asking for help/advice. Fuck everyone, yo.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #3250
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
I finish with metal rehabilitation, people SOMEHOW find out, and are all over me asking for help/advice. Fuck everyone, yo.
Insensitive assholes are insensitive :I

Meanwhile, just about the same thing..I am glad to help people if they need it. Really, I am. I'm glad to help my friends. But I am just about sick and tired of giving relationship advice and dragging people from the brink of suicide. I just feel like crumbling under the stress of it sometimes. I'm not a therapist, and I have my own problems which no one wants to listen to...
It's the price you pay when you're a good, reliable friend who listens, though :/
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #3251
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Insensitive assholes are insensitive :I

Meanwhile, just about the same thing..I am glad to help people if they need it. Really, I am. I'm glad to help my friends. But I am just about sick and tired of giving relationship advice and dragging people from the brink of suicide. I just feel like crumbling under the stress of it sometimes. I'm not a therapist, and I have my own problems which no one wants to listen to...
It's the price you pay when you're a good, reliable friend who listens, though :/
All the time.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #3252
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
All the time.
It always seems to happen. Every time I dare to get my hopes up that I might be special to them, whoever they are..they ask me to help them with their significant other, or they're too broken from thinking about suicide, and meet someone else better than me as I try to help them out...and every time, it hits me right in the gut that I'm not special to any of them. I'm just there to help them find someone better...I'm tired of just being help, a stepping stone, a toy, whatever you want to call it. I just want somebody to care for and be special to...But I'm not going to even try hoping that that happens any time soon. Every time I hope I just get shot down.

..Basically, teen drama/love angst mixed with depression, anxiety, and just a hint of paranoia about anyone I meet. It isn't nice.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #3253
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I hate hayfever so much. The tablets I take don't even seem to work anymore.

Who gave plants permission to spray their germ cells everywhere anyway?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #3254
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

>.<

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 07-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #3255
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes.

Often.

I've found that there are very few people I can enjoy extended periods of time with, Boyfriend pretty much being the one and only.
Pretty well the same here, and even then we have our mood spats (I don't think we've ever had what one could call a fight, but we've both been antsy enough with the other for some reason that we pretty much just went to seperate parts of the hours for a few hours.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote