Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #3271
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

No, screw you, make me free stuff.

*sexy pose*
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #3272
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
No, screw you, make me free stuff.

*sexy pose*
Well since you put it that way..;D

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #3273
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
^ Well It's a little hard sometimes when people want something for nothing. I understand not everyone has a lot of money for commissions, that's why I try to work with people. If they don't have the right amount. I try my best to at least help them with something. Eh, to each le own. I know some commissioners come off as rude, but they're just trying to get profit as well.
I know some ppl out there do try to offer low budgets and want high end things..I try not to be those kind of ppl. I think its wonderful you work with ppl who have low budgets unlike some commissioners who just ignore them or tell them off.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #3274
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Maybe I'll do a "santa" sort of deal. If they don't pay enough! I'll just send them a bag of scraps instead of coal. Yeah buddy!

Unread 07-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #3275
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I used to have a thread which ranted about jobs and education:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=288508

I also had a thread in which I ranted about being a waitress:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292915

I went through like 5 different jobs in the past year because hours weren't enough or what was promised. I finally quit, starting commissioning full time and started a tattoo apprenticeship. I still would like to go to school as useful or useless as that may be, but oh well.

As for commissioning and budgets, I never mean to seem rude or mean, but I go to great lengths at trying to explain the costs of materials and labor very clearly in comparison to store bought items and budgets. I try my very best to work with budgets but sometimes it's not feasible. There's a reason my commissioning thread is a novel long rather than just "I am here to take commissions."
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #3276
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Maybe I'll do a "santa" sort of deal. If they don't pay enough! I'll just send them a bag of scraps instead of coal. Yeah buddy!
Thats a good. I had a commissioner who told me one price when we started and another when they were done..I said i'd only pay what was first told to me and she replyed "Then I will cut the outfit in half and send you what i think is what you paid for" -_- she wasnt kidding neither..i got half a outfit but she nicely cut it in half..LOL took me about the same cost of the outfit i paid for to fix it..but the part she give me was amazing beautiful!..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #3277
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Haha wow, that really sucks. Honestly if someone told me that, I wouldn't even have sent the rest of the payment. What a douche canoe. Sorry you had to deal working with someone like that. They shouldn't even be commissioning if they're gonna be so childish when you told them the price they set in the first place.

Unread 07-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #3278
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
Thats a good. I had a commissioner who told me one price when we started and another when they were done..I said i'd only pay what was first told to me and she replyed "Then I will cut the outfit in half and send you what i think is what you paid for" -_- she wasnt kidding neither..i got half a outfit but she nicely cut it in half..LOL took me about the same cost of the outfit i paid for to fix it..but the part she give me was amazing beautiful!..
You're saying that you paid what was agreed on and then she changed her mind after it was completed and sent you an incomplete product because you didn't want to pay the new price o_O? Geez...
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #3279
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Haha wow, that really sucks. Honestly if someone told me that, I wouldn't even have sent the rest of the payment. What a douche canoe. Sorry you had to deal working with someone like that. They shouldn't even be commissioning if they're gonna be so childish when you told them the price they set in the first place.
thanks I thought of not even paying for it but i was kind of desperate at the time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
You're saying that you paid what was agreed on and then she changed her mind after it was completed and sent you an incomplete product because you didn't want to pay the new price o_O? Geez...
Yes..she showed me a picture of it done fully and sent me a email telling me the price had jumped up $50 for some unknown reason. I couldn't pay the new price at the time so i told her i'd just pay the first price..i did and got half a dress -_- luckyily it was mostly black so i just had my aunt add the bottom part back..took forever to find the same fabric and it costed alot. I also had to wear a belt around the fixed area to hide the fact it was fixed there..top part was still nice though >>

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #3280
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
..top part was still nice though >>
Well at least she didn't send the bottom half? : P.
I'm sure that would have been more difficult for you. Anyways, I hope you don't have to deal with commissioners like that in the future.

Unread 07-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #3281
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I really thought she wasnt going to send nothing at all. I know now it better to work with commissioners who are active on here..rather than some other place.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #3282
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

@arrancar12 what that commish should have done was stop making the outfit when she hit what she ASSUMED was the first agreed on part and got back to you on the increase in cost. And explained it to you on why the cost suddenly went up. That was still a really low move to do, and defently a waste of work on her part. It's stuff like this that makes me not struggle to find a commish to do any work for me. Rather do with out then end up with a WTF moment in the end.

On another note I am here becaue I am left in a pickle. For the last week I been dealing with what feels like pressure on the ears and more then a little off balance. Since my ears wern't warm, which they do quickly at the sign of any infection, I figured ti was ear wax again. So I started using Debrox... Yeah well that didn't fair to well. Now my earing is off, and my ears hurt and itch. :sigh: I am in really no mood to deal with a free/discount clinic doctor. Those places are scary especially here in Califonia. Kids running around screaming everywhere don't help either.

UG why won't this just go away./
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #3283
StripperANBU
Cynical Nice Guy...

gotta figure out what im gonna do about work.applied for management and was a shoe in but i got rejected due to a company protocol technicality. and while waiting tables is good money i cant do it forever if i wanna support me and my girlfriend and my mother. i'll burn out.
hm...not throwing a pity party but definitely stumped right now...:/ faitofaitoFAITO, i guess.
i wish i could remember when life went from "what do you wanna be when you grow up?" to "what do you have to do to pay your bills?"..

ANBU:Not just cosplay...Its our way of life
StripperANBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #3284
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I really thought she wasnt going to send nothing at all. I know now it better to work with commissioners who are active on here..rather than some other place.
I am not going to lie, that's horrific and I would head over to the commissioner review thread and explain exactly what happened. That's absolutely horrible business practice. If I price a commission lower then what it turns out I needed it to be priced that's my own damn fault and I brunt the cost. Now, if it where a case of the buyer asking for extra things added after the original quote then yes I would charge more but inform the buyer of what the extras would cost.

IE:
When I do a wood-burning on a box (like this one, which isn't lined inside nor has any finish on the inside)and someone would like to add fabric lining to the inside I would charge more based on the kind of fabric they wanted and how much that fabric cost plus the extra work time to install the lining (which is not nearly as simple as one might think).

In terms of buying from commissioners here, I wouldn't say don't ever do that. But you should check the commissioner review thread beforehand to see if the person making your costume has any previous complaints against them.

I've actually had several buddies on here commission pieces from me, but I don't deal in sewing or costuming so I wouldn't be able to help you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #3285
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

AGHHHH

and.....

urrrghhhh

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf