Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #3361
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
If I ask you kindly to watch over the dog for me because I get sick, doesn't mean call your mom and tell her I'm not watching him and I'm too busy upstairs. ~_~. Poop head.
>=( Makes me mad.... poop head indeed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #3362
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
Excuse the current burst of anger...I'm at a point where being jobless and having no money is getting to deep for me. I try so hard only to be let down by the world and I really think i can't take much more. What else can i do? Yes I've done like 50 job apps in a 4 year radius and no every time its "We picked a more qualified person" or "We cant offer you a job at this time" I get that some jobs places wont hire me due to my illnesses and that fine..but why is it when I got to these places they got someone way sicker than me working there? I've had it with trying to do this. I want to work but this stress it takes to even land just one damn interview is killing me slowly each day. I will continue to search but right now I'm just saying im about to quit trying if i don't get at least a we are considering you message or something.

And with all that said I feel better..now onwards to rant about this damn sewing machine! I spent 10 hours read your dang manual and watching tutorials on making a shirt. Got everything I need to make a shirt,reread instructions,winded the bobbin and placed it in the right place,threaded the needle,pinned the fabric together,and just as i start with the first stitch you going to snap the thread on me? Ive turned your tension dial five times! and everytime you snap the thread before i can finish anything! Why do you hate me? WHY???

>.< I feel the need to just throw you out the window on to the street and hope someone with a big truck comes by and crushes you to nothing.

Now I Will go do something else so that dont happen..sigh...
__________________
Facebook

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #3363
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Trust me I know finding work can be hard :\ I've been out of a job for a year now and a good friend was out of work for a solid two years. I am not sure about the various terms in your state (or country) but have you tried to file for unemployment or seeing if you'd be eligible for government benefits based on your illness? I am not sure what have so I can't really say for sure what to do about it. Keep in mind that if a workplace isn't hiring you based on your disabilities that's an entire illegal practice, assuming you're not say...looking to work at a lumber yard but your limbs are made out of wet noodles (yes noodles!).

It would be difficult but you may be able to find some at-home work telemarketing. It's not fun, and the hours might suck. Do you do any crafts or art work? This too is extremely difficult but if you're talented at your craft possibly consider selling online or even at local small conventions. Many new or small conventions do not charge for use in the artist alley! So if one is in your area you might want to consider signing up for a booth and preparing some artwork to sell.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #3364
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,718
I've been looking for work for about 10 months, since leaving uni. In a month or two I'll have to do work experience (i.e. unpaid work for some employer or other who's just using the scheme as a way to get free workers and has no interest in actually hiring me).
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #3365
Chergnomebyl
Landshark
 
Chergnomebyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
>=( Makes me mad.... poop head indeed.
Haha awh, thanks for caring.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby


https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #3366
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
Haha awh, thanks for caring.
Coscom is a family... get used to us caring brah =P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #3367
Chergnomebyl
Landshark
 
Chergnomebyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,235
Haha well no one really talked to me for awhile on here, so it's kind of nice.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby


https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #3368
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered
 
Volnixshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
Excuse the current burst of anger...I'm at a point where being jobless and having no money is getting to deep for me. I try so hard only to be let down by the world and I really think i can't take much more. What else can i do? Yes I've done like 50 job apps in a 4 year radius and no every time its "We picked a more qualified person" or "We cant offer you a job at this time" I get that some jobs places wont hire me due to my illnesses and that fine..but why is it when I got to these places they got someone way sicker than me working there? I've had it with trying to do this. I want to work but this stress it takes to even land just one damn interview is killing me slowly each day. I will continue to search but right now I'm just saying im about to quit trying if i don't get at least a we are considering you message or something.

And with all that said I feel better..now onwards to rant about this damn sewing machine! I spent 10 hours read your dang manual and watching tutorials on making a shirt. Got everything I need to make a shirt,reread instructions,winded the bobbin and placed it in the right place,threaded the needle,pinned the fabric together,and just as i start with the first stitch you going to snap the thread on me? Ive turned your tension dial five times! and everytime you snap the thread before i can finish anything! Why do you hate me? WHY???

>.< I feel the need to just throw you out the window on to the street and hope someone with a big truck comes by and crushes you to nothing.

Now I Will go do something else so that dont happen..sigh...
volunteer at a shelter or animal refuge. it doesn't pay, but it gets you out and doing something, and may help you secure an actual job faster
__________________
01001000011000010110100101101100001000000100001101 001111010000100101001001000001


Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #3369
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
volunteer at a shelter or animal refuge. it doesn't pay, but it gets you out and doing something, and may help you secure an actual job faster
Yea if you apply to jobs you can set them as a reference, having precious experience with things (people, animals, retail, food) can help you get another job quicker. For instance you could use a shelter to promote your people skills, or your animals skills making a job like petco or petsmart easier.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #3370
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict
 
PrincessKaori87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Well, there goes my good mood... The little one got into my purse and pulled my make-up out. I just bought myself a thing of Maybelline color tattoo eye shadow on Monday and that was the thing she decided to get into. She smeared it on something that I really hoped wouldn't get messed up. A notebook containing a story I was working on... And the couch...The couch I can clean up. The page with the story written on it...yeah...don't see how that's getting fixed...
__________________
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things. Of ships, and shoes, and ceiling wax. Of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings."

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #3371
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&amp;Only
 
BlackroseHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 232
[quote=arrancar12;4476586]Excuse the current burst of anger...I'm at a point where being jobless and having no money is getting to deep for me. I try so hard only to be let down by the world and I really think i can't take much more. What else can i do? Yes I've done like 50 job apps in a 4 year radius and no every time its "We picked a more qualified person" or "We cant offer you a job at this time" I get that some jobs places wont hire me due to my illnesses and that fine..but why is it when I got to these places they got someone way sicker than me working there? I've had it with trying to do this. I want to work but this stress it takes to even land just one damn interview is killing me slowly each day. I will continue to search but right now I'm just saying im about to quit trying if i don't get at least a we are considering you message or something.

I'm a waitress in a small restaurant. It took me forever to get a job, and I'm still lucky if I get to work more than two days in the week, and even then it's maybe 5 hours a day. I hope you can find a job, or if not, I hope you find something to do. Finding a job is really hard, but I hope you do find one and it's one you like
__________________
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it"

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #3372
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Well, there goes my good mood... The little one got into my purse and pulled my make-up out. I just bought myself a thing of Maybelline color tattoo eye shadow on Monday and that was the thing she decided to get into. She smeared it on something that I really hoped wouldn't get messed up. A notebook containing a story I was working on... And the couch...The couch I can clean up. The page with the story written on it...yeah...don't see how that's getting fixed...
Yowch. Is it possible to still read any of the text so you can at least copy it down? Or make out enough to fill in the blanks?
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #3373
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict
 
PrincessKaori87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Yowch. Is it possible to still read any of the text so you can at least copy it down? Or make out enough to fill in the blanks?
I haven't tried yet. I was too upset to do it earlier but I will try typing it up so I'll have it saved on my laptop.
__________________
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things. Of ships, and shoes, and ceiling wax. Of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings."

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #3374
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I haven't tried yet. I was too upset to do it earlier but I will try typing it up so I'll have it saved on my laptop.
By the way, before it's untimely demise how was that eyeshadow? I wanted to try them before but was too afraid to spend $5 on those things.


ALSO PT2.
How do you even punish a child for something like that?

"No Jr. Don't smear mommies makeup on expensive things"
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #3375
Chergnomebyl
Landshark
 
Chergnomebyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,235
My piercing has a huge bump next to it, that keeps pussing all over. Well that would be disgusting if it did, but it's become very bothersome for me the past couple days. It's not noticable from afar, but upclose it's like another head on my face.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby


https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.