Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #3481
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
And I haven't met anyone who was vegan who WASN'T militant and obnoxious about it.
That's because those who aren't don't mouth off about it as much as they can, thus they go unnoticed in comparison to the unbearably obnoxious. :/

It's a little similar to lots of other things... like religion, politics, sexual orientation, social justice... <insert other touchy subject here>
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #3482
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Me too. And I haven't met anyone who was vegan who WASN'T militant and obnoxious about it. Regular vegetarians, not vegans, has been all over the board between "I don't give a flying crap what everyone ELSE eats, just what I eat" to "Gross, how can you eat your murdered animals" if someone as much as MENTIONS meat...:P
Shinobi... this dude was cray cray

Kildread- I know... I just feel so bad getting negative about vegans and vegatarians but it's so hard every time I encounter someone and they prove me wrong on the belief that there must be not militant vegan/vegetarians.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #3483
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Me too. And I haven't met anyone who was vegan who WASN'T militant and obnoxious about it.
You've met me.

I'm belligerent, and obnoxious, but thats because I'm an asshole. I dont push my dietary beliefs on anyone apart from occasionally expressing them; I think.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #3484
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
You've met me.

I'm belligerent, and obnoxious, but thats because I'm an asshole. I dont push my dietary beliefs on anyone apart from occasionally expressing them; I think.
Then that makes you ok in my book. I just dislike people trying to sit there and try and make me feel bad over bacon. I do have a good friend who is vegetarian and she never once tried to shove her beliefs down my throat and I appreciate that about her. To me it's a respect thing ya know? Everything led back to veganism with this guy.... we started off talking about the Batman movie.
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #3485
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Then that makes you ok in my book. I just dislike people trying to sit there and try and make me feel bad over bacon. I do have a good friend who is vegetarian and she never once tried to shove her beliefs down my throat and I appreciate that about her. To me it's a respect thing ya know? Everything led back to veganism with this guy.... we started off talking about the Batman movie.
I've learned that at the end of the day, nobody really cares what anyone else thinks, so why jeopardize your friendship with them, by bombarding them with ideas that are on another planet by their standards, you know?

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #3486
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
nobody really cares what anyone else thinks
Yep.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #3487
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I may not agree with what you (not directed at you individually, just 'you' as a catch all term) think, but I can understand why you think it.

Personally I find arguments over who's eating beer battered meat jerky and who's eating free range rainbow-kissed lettuce a pretty petty argument. I think people tend to take stating their views as having to convert someone to them, instead of saying "Oh I am a vegan/meat eater/christian/atheist/pooper/nonpooper and this is why" people tend to say "Oh I am this, and you ought to be to because anyone different from me is wrong and scary and makes me feel bad"
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #3488
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I've learned that at the end of the day, nobody really cares what anyone else thinks, so why jeopardize your friendship with them, by bombarding them with ideas that are on another planet by their standards, you know?
I had to unfriend him because he was being such a huge twat about it... you're absolutely right, it's not worth jeopardizing friendships over... apparently he didn't care about my friendship with him... just trying to make me a vegan or something (not really sure what his motive was) it was unfortunate because he wasn't a bad person... just a jerk about his view and acted so high and mighty about it =(
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #3489
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

We have clients who are competing to play at the Canadian Country Music Awards, but they are trailing behind in votes and we are desperately trying to help them win because it's a huge opportunity and they totally deserve it. But we are pulling our hair out trying to get the 700 votes we need to close the gap... I wanna sleeeeep but I can't until we have the votes ;____;
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #3490
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
You've met me.

I'm vegan too, and I never tell anyone what to eat. My bf eats everything and I don't care. Don't judge me and I won't judge you is my theory
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #3491
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Note to self: Do not word shit "I am going to give you my change so you can turn it in to your bank for me" when it should be worded "I do not want to pay a fee, I'll give you a precentage if you can cash it in for me". Now I had a huge blow up over change I spent over 5 years building up.

-edit-

just never mind I'll just let coinstar make big $$ next time and not think of a friend making a little cash.

Tsch despite thsi tift I offered her 50% of it despite the dispute.

Last edited by RoMayDrako : 08-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
RoMayDrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #3492
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Ugh Im having the hardest time get the money to pay off a commission..The commissioner has already done stuff for my cosplay..so it would be so rude to just say..Im sorry..i know you spent alot on me and I havent given you a thing but i dont want the cosplay no more..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #3493
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
Ugh Im having the hardest time get the money to pay off a commission..The commissioner has already done stuff for my cosplay..so it would be so rude to just say..Im sorry..i know you spent alot on me and I havent given you a thing but i dont want the cosplay no more..
xO!!!!!!
Are you going to ask for a refund or just cancel it as it is?

---------------

SO! I left all my materials in my friends car who is at the hospital right now and won't be back for a bit...now I have nothing to do ;_;...No, I do, I just want my materials ~_~.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #3494
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
Honestly doing that is a sure way to make a commissioner never work with you :\ I know that finding money to pay for your 'extra' stuff (IE: Not important bills) can be difficult but commissioners suffer on the people who have buyers remorse and realize they cannot really afford what they've gone ahead and purchased through them.

I've worked with someone who kept me hanging on payment for MONTHS on end and because of it I know that I will never work with them again. I was willing to hold onto the stuff because they kept stating they would have the money soon but I finally had enough and couldn't trust their word any more.

As a commissioner yourself I am sure you'd rather have your customers be upfront and honest, correct? Then you should be with this person as well. If they've already done work on your behalf I really don't want to sound like a bad guy but you do owe them for what they've done for you. At the end of the day the commissioner shouldn't have to suffer for your mistakes, and I think you owe them partial payment to at least cover the cost of the supplies.

If you talk with the commissioner you may be able to work out something with them, even if it does mean a partial payment, but it will be better for you both if you just come up to them honestly and apologize.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #3495
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
xO!!!!!!
Are you going to ask for a refund or just cancel it as it is?
I haven't paid anything for it. They started it without any upfront costs. I had the money before but she said she had 2 cons to attend plus two other commissions before me..so I waited then bills came up and I spent it on paying them. Now she is like in the works of my outfit and I got nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Honestly doing that is a sure way to make a commissioner never work with you :\ I know that finding money to pay for your 'extra' stuff (IE: Not important bills) can be difficult but commissioners suffer on the people who have buyers remorse and realize they cannot really afford what they've gone ahead and purchased through them.

I've worked with someone who kept me hanging on payment for MONTHS on end and because of it I know that I will never work with them again. I was willing to hold onto the stuff because they kept stating they would have the money soon but I finally had enough and couldn't trust their word any more.

As a commissioner yourself I am sure you'd rather have your customers be upfront and honest, correct? Then you should be with this person as well. If they've already done work on your behalf I really don't want to sound like a bad guy but you do owe them for what they've done for you. At the end of the day the commissioner shouldn't have to suffer for your mistakes, and I think you owe them partial payment to at least cover the cost of the supplies.

If you talk with the commissioner you may be able to work out something with them, even if it does mean a partial payment, but it will be better for you both if you just come up to them honestly and apologize.
your right I will try to talk to her about some arrangement thanks

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote