Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #3571
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
I'm actually usually the opposite. >_< I try to keep everyone happy since I hate conflict and stuff, but on the inside....I have a lot of opinions. XD I don't want people to get pissy at me though, so I usually don't express said opinions in quite the way I'd like to, ehu.
Awww X3 Well, to avoid conflict, that's a good way of doing things.
I used to be like that, and it's caused me to have the worst anger problem in the history of anger-ism. X___X Now I'm just so outspoken, it's RUDE. To which---when it gets to that---I apologize for the rudeness!
My boyfriend is always like, "Holy shit, you're so rude." And I don't realize it until its explained to me.
So in a way, you're good! I'm the bitchy Ecuadorian chick that talks too much. lol

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #3572
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuadorianeyezz View Post
Awww X3 Well, to avoid conflict, that's a good way of doing things.
I used to be like that, and it's caused me to have the worst anger problem in the history of anger-ism. X___X Now I'm just so outspoken, it's RUDE. To which---when it gets to that---I apologize for the rudeness!
My boyfriend is always like, "Holy shit, you're so rude." And I don't realize it until its explained to me.
So in a way, you're good! I'm the bitchy Ecuadorian chick that talks too much. lol
B'aw! If it means anything coming from a stranger, I don't think you're bitchy. XD At least, not from what posts I've seen of yours on the forums. :3

It's good to have opinions, even if you're a bit more expressive than others about them, lol.

I swear, these days even the sweetest of people get flamed for posting an opinion that even mildly disagrees with the popular opinion. @_@

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #3573
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Reads the two above asks the guy she is in a relationship with how to describe her:

"Uou are april, brutally honest sometimes to a fault but you are you can;'t really find any other way to describe you other than that. at least you aren't a total psychopath which would be so easy to do with the idiots you have to put up with.

I think this brutal honesty from boyfreinds can be most amusing. But in honesty we can somtimes tend to act differnt to the people were supposed to be in a relationship with. We can either be fake, or more real with them then our friends or casual aquatances (sp?).

On another note, b--ch of a supervisor stole my TP! If she wants non desinigrate paper that sticks to your - then she can buy it herself.
Unread 08-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #3574
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I was listening to all the previews for Owl City's next album... and I'm not sure if I like it at all. Up until now, Adam Young has easily been my favorite artist, but I feel like he's drifting more towards typical pop. :/ I don't know, these songs just don't seem as original as songs on his prior albums. I can't say I'm super excited about this album even though I've been waiting for it. .....I'll still probably buy it though.

So that made me sad.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #3575
ILovePopCulture

I know i'll probably get criticized, be seen, viewed as less of a Man, I know it's tradition, but I hate, despise, loathe on how we guys always have to do the approaching, starting conversations, initiating, etc.
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #3576
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
I know i'll probably get criticized, be seen, viewed as less of a Man, I know it's tradition, but I hate, despise, loathe on how we guys always have to do the approaching, starting conversations, initiating, etc.
No, that doesn't make you less of a man. That's make's you upset that our culture is dictating that you are expected to behave in a certain way and that if you don't you are punished for it.

Trust me, there are plenty of women who loathe that if they are the ones who approach the man that culture see's them as 'too aggressive' and as proper ladies we're suppose to wait for the man to approach us.

There's one important thing to keep in mind, if you DO all of the above; approaching,starting conversations, and initiating some kind of interactions but are met with a woman who isn't responding to them that has nothing to do with our culture's expectations but is just a girl who really isn't interested in being around you.

To be fair, this is assuming you're speaking in terms of heterosexual relationships.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #3577
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
No, that doesn't make you less of a man. That's make's you upset that our culture is dictating that you are expected to behave in a certain way and that if you don't you are punished for it.

Trust me, there are plenty of women who loathe that if they are the ones who approach the man that culture see's them as 'too aggressive' and as proper ladies we're suppose to wait for the man to approach us.

There's one important thing to keep in mind, if you DO all of the above; approaching,starting conversations, and initiating some kind of interactions but are met with a woman who isn't responding to them that has nothing to do with our culture's expectations but is just a girl who really isn't interested in being around you.

To be fair, this is assuming you're speaking in terms of heterosexual relationships.
yeah I hate how we guys have to get labeled, wimps, cowards, pussies, weaklings for not approaching and talking to a girl, just because a guy is shy, timid, afraid to approach a girl does not mean he will be afraid to protect her and stand up for her, because being afraid to approach a girl and ask her out versus being afraid to stand up for her, protect her, are 2 different issues, i obviously know that girls are not gonna bite me or stab me, it's just rejection hurts guys too you know.
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #3578
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I have no idea why my arms are in so much pain >.<

Not to mention work called yesterday when I was over a friends house and my mom's all worried.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #3579
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Just got off work so I have a peeve to vent about.

Why is it that people try to order food while talking on their cell phone? Especially in the drive-through! Look, it's hard enough hearing what you're saying through these crappy headphones, and you're just making my job harder when you're talking on the phone. Not to mention it makes you take twice as long to order as you try to focus on two things at once, and then when you finally get done there's like 3 irritated cars behind you. Seriously, you don't even have to hang up your phone, just be like "hey I need to set down the phone for 30 seconds so I can order food". It's that easy.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 08-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #3580
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Drunk guys are like Houdini if it is seemingly impossible they will do it. Drunk people can pull of something so amazing, not even they know how they did it. Bryan and Ryan I forgot about them for an hour because I swore they got in. Swore Ryan slipped between the gates some how, and Bryan ran in after a white SUV. However an hour later Bryan knocks on my door much to my surprise. Some how they made it back outside the community without a key and I totally didn't notice them. Apperently they don't even recall getting in the gate the first time. They swore they never got in the first time... ... I think they got in this time.

J_Otaku can you imagine how much it took for some subways to put up a sign that says no celphones.
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #3581
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
J_Otaku can you imagine how much it took for some subways to put up a sign that says no celphones.
I wish that I could just put up a sign like that where I work. Sometimes I can't hear them because they say half a sentence of their order, half a sentence of conversation, and it's just completely unintelligible, so I just have them order at the window, which slows down everyone, especially during a lunch rush. It's just frustrating. >_<

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #3582
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
Just got off work so I have a peeve to vent about.

Why is it that people try to order food while talking on their cell phone? Especially in the drive-through! Look, it's hard enough hearing what you're saying through these crappy headphones, and you're just making my job harder when you're talking on the phone. Not to mention it makes you take twice as long to order as you try to focus on two things at once, and then when you finally get done there's like 3 irritated cars behind you. Seriously, you don't even have to hang up your phone, just be like "hey I need to set down the phone for 30 seconds so I can order food". It's that easy.
THIS IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PEEVES.
And not just people who stay on their phone during ordering food..it applies in any retail situation ever.

If I'm ringing you up and you're trying to ask me a question AND balance a conversation it gets confusing and annoying REALLY fast.
I've gotten to the point where I'll completely ignore the fact that they're on the phone. I will continue to go through the spiel I have to. Whether or not you pay attention is up to you but I've done my job so there..lol

My boyfriends old job finally put up signs saying no cell phones at the front desk. He was allowed to ignore them until they hung up their phone/stopped talking on it. ^_^ If I ever open up my own business I'm totally going to post similar signs.
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #3583
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi- View Post
THIS IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PEEVES.
And not just people who stay on their phone during ordering food..it applies in any retail situation ever.

If I'm ringing you up and you're trying to ask me a question AND balance a conversation it gets confusing and annoying REALLY fast.
I've gotten to the point where I'll completely ignore the fact that they're on the phone. I will continue to go through the spiel I have to. Whether or not you pay attention is up to you but I've done my job so there..lol

My boyfriends old job finally put up signs saying no cell phones at the front desk. He was allowed to ignore them until they hung up their phone/stopped talking on it. ^_^ If I ever open up my own business I'm totally going to post similar signs.
I understand your frustration. @_@ If someone comes up to order and they're yammering away on their cell phone for a while without even ordering, I usually just call up the next person and help them since the other person is too busy to order. >>; It just slows everything down, and it makes the people behind them irritated, which I end up having to deal with.

I imagine that it's also painfully annoying in retail! :O Any place that you're trying to give a service, for the matter. It's just very rude to me. I'm trying to provide a service for you, so don't ignore me/gab away on your phone and expect me to understand what you're saying to me in a half-assed manner.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 08-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #3584
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yes agreeing with "CELL PHONES ARE ANNOYING". had plenty of customers at work who wouldn't get the hell off their phones, and actually thought I could show them the perfect, perfectly-detailed, exactly-what-they-wanted piece without them even as much as saying more than three words to me. It's one thing to be texting or asking someone ABOUT what you're buying if it's for them or whatnot, but going "Liek I KNOE, OMG... what? How much? OMG OMG OMG YEAh... what? ...YEAH I can totally talk I'm not busy! ...what did you say?" ...yah. During Xmas I just refuse to help until they're willing to actually TALK to me. I don't have time to stand there for ten minutes while you yap your head off.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #3585
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Okay, so I know my parents have done a lot for me and I love them very much, but I'm getting pretty sick of this. My mom thinks she can do no wrong, and every time I try to even reason with her she counts it as talking back, and tells my dad, and then he goes and guilt trips me and makes me apologize. This is seriously getting old.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon