Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #3631
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Then you lost me with the statement that women are lesser able then men in combat.
As someone who used to be a martial artist, I certainly couldn't disagree more myself. Yeah, there's some physical differences that are always going to be there, like height/size/weight class, but in no way does that mean a woman can't be as competent a fighter, or *gasp* more competent, as a man. Same goes for aggression. It might not be the accepted "norm", but I've dealt with a lot of aggressive, fight-picking, standoffish women/girls and just as many guys who wanted nothing to do with being viewed as aggressive and tough.

@TheHag- I wasn't referring to assertion/agression, I was giving an example on what my parents DIDN'T expect me to be like. I actually had a lot of problems with being assertive when younger due to having Asperger's Syndrome and a lot of bullying at school.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #3632
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Male, female, it doesn't matter - if you are interested in someone, let them know (be direct, use your words), not because of what societal norms are, but because you alone are responsible for how you live your life. You won't get anything you want by just sitting back and waiting for it to happen, then complaining about how it's not fair that "the world" doesn't work in your favour. It's not about "being a man". Be an interesting person. Learn how to talk to people by talking to people.

To back up what a lot of the other ladies in this thread have already said, I myself have little problem initiating a relationship, and not because I'm particularly agressive or forward (I'm not), but because I don't want to regret having missed a good opportunity.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #3633
ILovePopCulture

i'm just upset, frustrated because I got lead on by 2 girls in the past week, so it's not that they rejected me, it's how they did it, i hate it when girls make me think i have a chance with them and then deny my further advances
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #3634
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
i'm just upset, frustrated because I got lead on by 2 girls in the past week, so it's not that they rejected me, it's how they did it, i hate it when girls make me think i have a chance with them and then deny my further advances
I can't say for sure, but maybe they didn't lead you on? Maybe they just wanted to be friends? ._. I hug my guy friends and talk to them a lot, but that doesn't mean I want anything more.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #3635
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
I can't say for sure, but maybe they didn't lead you on? Maybe they just wanted to be friends? ._. I hug my guy friends and talk to them a lot, but that doesn't mean I want anything more.
these were 2 girls i was talking to on Plentyoffish, both them said they would love to meet up, hang out, go out, but it never happend
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #3636
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Now what do you mean it never happened? Do you mean that you where active in agreeing to this and tried to arrange a meet up but they never responded?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #3637
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Now what do you mean it never happened? Do you mean that you where active in agreeing to this and tried to arrange a meet up but they never responded?

yes i agree with them too to meet up, but then they never responded further after that
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #3638
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Only based on exactly what you've written here, PopCulture, saying they would like to meet up and then it not happening within a week is not them leading you on, it's them being friendly, and you being impatient.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #3639
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Only based on exactly what you've written here, PopCulture, saying they would like to meet up and then it not happening within a week is not them leading you on, it's them being friendly, and you being impatient.
and being impatient is a thousand, million, billion times worse for guys than it is for girls
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #3640
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
and being impatient is a thousand, million, billion times worse for guys than it is for girls

...really? We're going back to this kind of talk again?

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #3641
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
No. It's. NOT.

You keep making huge generalizations that women are so drastically different from men when it's really just you and your one man band pity party.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #3642
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
No. It's. NOT.

You keep making huge generalizations that women are so drastically different from men when it's really just you and your one man band pity party.
Well I just have to get this anger and frustration out of me
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #3643
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Girls you just don't understand how HARD IT IS BEING A MAN!

Men have to make the first move, be more agressive. Its ok for a girl to be shy but not for men.

Why does society hate men more than women? Why does no one want to go out with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #3644
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Girls you just don't understand how HARD IT IS BEING A MAN!

Men have to make the first move, be more agressive. Its ok for a girl to be shy but not for men.

Why does society hate men more than women? Why does no one want to go out with me?

yes, and everything is almost always a man's fault
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #3645
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
yes i agree with them too to meet up, but then they never responded further after that
I can't speak for your situation directly past what you've shared --- unless you were both in a discussion where you planned this out or spoke about dates, it was a "maybe" --- and "meeting up" is not a date. If it was over the internet with a girl you never physically met, chances are that was simply a passing thought of hers --- at bet, she might have considered meeting up with you at an event you were both attending.

In my experience, "maybe" = "no" (Well, it's never turned out as a "yes" much to my dismay), I can't qualify it as anything other than an evasive answer. Although for you it's going to register as a "yes" (I know the feeling intimately), because it's what you want. But then again, my last two recent "attempts" also ended up giving me the roundabout and we were discussing dates, in both cases I ended up having to pressure them several weeks (In one case, a month and a half is what it took, but that was the long distance girl) later where communication had died down or they were suddenly unreachable to finally discover they had went for someone else and didn't actually think I needed to be informed.

It's unbelievably crushing, but it's sadly a fact of life that, as a guy, we will be given the "apparently harmless" roundabout more often than a straight "no". It doesn't mean all girls are like that, even if it feels that way once it happens repeatedly.

So, apart from everyone telling you to avoid sweeping generalizations on a public forum, I don't have any advice for you --- everything that's written on the internet about this is bullshit (My post included), because all situations are different. All you can do is be direct about it and hope the other party has the presence of mind not to be a jackass with your emotions.

EDIT: *Sigh* While I was typing this you went ahead and did another generalization. Waiting's just as bad for women than it is for men --- they're just as badly waiting for a positive answer than you are, will be just as crushed when it doesn't turn out to be.

But it's easy to tell yourself that girls have it easier, there are hundreds of men looking to hit on them usually --- they've certainly got the selection! Doesn't mean they're interested.

Also, I think fullbleed is mocking you

Last edited by Kildread : 08-20-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote