Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #3721
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Finding full time work right now is extremely difficult. Part-time less so but for the vast majority of the folks applying for work who have no personal connections or skills that can't really be put into jobs that they need ASAP it's kind of the only way to go. I do recommend giving Barnes and Noble a try if you have one around, I enjoyed working there and you get some damn nice discounts on the products.

Starbucks and the Mexican restaurant On The Border offer benefits for part time employees and you have the possibility of getting tips.

If you can get in at a Lowes or other hardware store during the summer months I'd recommend that. Boyfriend worked there at around $11.50/hr during the summer.
I have no problem at all with working a minimum-wage part-time job, as long as i'm hired permanently, because there are part-time employees, workers but yet they are hired permanent instead of temporary, seasonal, and i'm struggling to get hired for those type of jobs too.
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #3722
PsykoGerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
I have no problem at all with working a minimum-wage part-time job, as long as i'm hired permanently, because there are part-time employees, workers but yet they are hired permanent instead of temporary, seasonal, and i'm struggling to get hired for those type of jobs too.
ok, drop the "life bites" viewpoint, get someone to help you with your resume and get your ass to a temp agency. Like... pronto. Temping gets you employed if you show up on time, have a stellar attitude, listen well and display an eagerness to work. You listen closely to the hiring manager when they coach you for certain jobs and interviews and by all means let them know that you want a temp to hire position. Put in some sweat as a contractor and you'll get GOOD interviews and when companies see that you're a good worker, you will be hired somewhere.

It's easier to get a job when you have a job (oh the irony) and working for a temp company at least lets you use your brain more than flipping burgers. PLUS you can add everything to your resume.
PsykoGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #3723
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I'm not sure if I'm even looking forward to robotics anymore or not. At first I was super psyched because I LOVE robotics, but now everything is just making me not so excited. My ex-boyfriend is in robotics, and that leaves plenty of awkwardness even though I do my best to casually avoid him. My best guy friend JUST told me that he can't do robotics anymore (I'm sure he has a good reason and all, it's just really disappointing), and with my stomach acting up I'm just miserable these days already. x_x Then there's this girl on my team... she's really melodramatic and likes to hate everyone. Although I don't act it in real life, I'm EXTREMELY sensitive, and sometimes her sarcastic comments are a little much for me to handle. I'd like to make it through the year without any panic attacks this time, but with all this dropped on me, I'm not so sure. Not to mention, the other girl who is really cool and chill is on vacation and won't be at robotics until school starts.

Blegh. *insert more whining and bitching here*

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #3724
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My kitchen's being remodeled and it's a hellhole right now. The dishes are all the the comic room and impossible to get to, I can't cook myself anything to eat since the stove is in the middle of the floor, the only things that's plugged in is the microwave, so unless I cook some chicken at my friend's house to microwave when I get home, I have nothing to eat, it's just too much for me to take. DX

Not to mention, we no longer have a sink or dishwaher until the remodeling is done, so since we only have one box of easily accessible dishes, we have to wash them in the bathroom sink to reuse them.

I just want my Usual brunchfast of Chicken with butter and some cranberry-strawberry juice again. There are only so many places one can eat out.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #3725
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
My kitchen's being remodeled and it's a hellhole right now. The dishes are all the the comic room and impossible to get to, I can't cook myself anything to eat since the stove is in the middle of the floor, the only things that's plugged in is the microwave, so unless I cook some chicken at my friend's house to microwave when I get home, I have nothing to eat, it's just too much for me to take. DX

Not to mention, we no longer have a sink or dishwaher until the remodeling is done, so since we only have one box of easily accessible dishes, we have to wash them in the bathroom sink to reuse them.

I just want my Usual brunchfast of Chicken with butter and some cranberry-strawberry juice again. There are only so many places one can eat out.
Cereal - the breakfast of champions.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #3726
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Except the Cereal's packed up in a box somewhere, as are the bowls DX

At least I'm visiting my Nana today, so I can get so I can get some real, home-made food.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #3727
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I like to relax when I wake up first thing in the morning. I do not like spending my mornings cleaning up messes, large or otherwise. I turned my back for just a moment, and that's all it takes, and my daughter got the garlic powder and poured it all over the living room floor! This sucks because I haven't even had my coffee yet.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #3728
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Mild Rant-

Today was the ONE morning my makeup went on perfectly, and robotics got cancelled. Seriously? The only reason I put on makeup in the first place was because my friends and potential love interests were going to see me. >.> Oh well, at least I can go to driver's ed not looking like a scrub.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #3729
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
YES.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #3730
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsykoGerbil View Post
ok, drop the "life bites" viewpoint, get someone to help you with your resume and get your ass to a temp agency. Like... pronto. Temping gets you employed if you show up on time, have a stellar attitude, listen well and display an eagerness to work. You listen closely to the hiring manager when they coach you for certain jobs and interviews and by all means let them know that you want a temp to hire position. Put in some sweat as a contractor and you'll get GOOD interviews and when companies see that you're a good worker, you will be hired somewhere.

It's easier to get a job when you have a job (oh the irony) and working for a temp company at least lets you use your brain more than flipping burgers. PLUS you can add everything to your resume.
I've even applied at 2 local temp agencies where i live, but no luck, something tells me i will have to start volunteering again
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #3731
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Indeed I lived off it my entire highschool and college career.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #3732
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Calling something the 'breakfast of champions' doesn't actually make it the breakfast of champions.

It's dust with milk.

Of course I eat it all the time but thats because I'm poor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #3733
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

My facebook profile for my cosplay got disabled...and it seems like everyone else's is too, excluding pages of course. I just wanted to keep my personal page for people I've known in person and keep clients and other cosplayers separate -_-; time to get back to my Google+ account.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #3734
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Calling something the 'breakfast of champions' doesn't actually make it the breakfast of champions.

It's dust with milk.

Of course I eat it all the time but thats because I'm poor.
Cereal where you live must suck. Cereal here is amazing!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #3735
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Cereal where you live must suck. Cereal here is amazing!
fullbleed is just confused, he gets his cereal from those:

Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote