Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #3796
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Something else I've just seen on the news; it seems that The Sun's the first paper to print the pictures because all the papersn are signed up to some sort of industry code of conduct agreeing not to publish pictures which were taken without permission on private property (and now everyone seems rather upset The Sun breached the agreement).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #3797
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
That's amazing.

There haven't been any idiots like that in the class, but our teacher is hilarious. She's got a real thick accent, which, to Americans, can sound a bit silly sometimes. She's teaching us the Hiragana と (to), and for all of the symbols so far, she integrates them into pictures to help us remember. This one happens to be a thorn in a toe, which she calls "ouchy toe."
Then, the first day of class, she comes running in, drops her stuff, and says "I HAVE TO GO TO RESTROOM NOW, OKAY?" and runs off.
She's pretty adorable.
Hurr, when Boyfriend and his friends where studying Kanji they would remember it by looking at the character saying "Oh this looks like a little man in a top hat" or some such business. Apparently they came up with some pretty colorful stuff, like Hulk Hogan flexing.

The saddest part was this event happened pretty well into the class, so it wasn't like it was this womans first day. She should have known enough Japanese at that point to understand. I haven't even taken formal Japanese and I understand ~____~

Re: learning the hiragana stuff
Whatever you do, learn how to pronounce 'kawaii' correctly.

'KO-wai-ee' and 'KA-wai-ee' are not interchangable. Just ask your teacher, I think she might get a kick out of it.

KO-wai-ee means 'scary'.

Kinda 'koawaii' to think about how many times you've gone to a convention and heard people shouting "That's so kowaii desu"

Pronounce the 'u' in 'desu' and that's a sure fire way to be known as a tourist.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #3798
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Pronounce the 'u' in 'desu' and that's a sure fire way to be known as a tourist.
This. I don't take japanese, but I know a decent amount about the language, and it makes me facepalm when I hear people at anime conventions loudly pronouncing the "u" in desu. XD

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #3799
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Level of fucks given about the Royal Family and Prince Harry's nude photos.

NEGATIVE FUCKS.

Why should we care about what he's getting up to behind closed doors in his hotel room in vegas with other women. He doesn't represent any of us, and he's 4th in line to the throne so it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be king. Oh but the shame, a 27 year old man having sex with a woman in Vegas! Stop the fucking presses! I don't give a shit, I'm just glad he's not wearing an SS uniform again.

And Prince Phillip is probably one of the richest and most famous racists in the public eye today, but we point and laugh anyway.

They're all bunch of rotters I'm sure but I don't care as long as what they bring in tourism far outweighs what they cost us in taxes. This year has probably been worse than most with Royal Weddings and Jubile celebratinos and what not but there are far more damaging effects on the economy from bankers and the goverment than what the royals take.

It's not like they even have any power, yes they told paper not to publish those pics but it didn't stop them.

I'm just disapointed we've even talking about it, this has become headline news for the past few days. There are a 100 other things more worth talking about than this but news papers are scum and will do whatever it takes to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Something else I've just seen on the news; it seems that The Sun's the first paper to print the pictures because all the papersn are signed up to some sort of industry code of conduct agreeing not to publish pictures which were taken without permission on private property (and now everyone seems rather upset The Sun breached the agreement).
Well it's not like News International have ever published private photos or coversations befor-oh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 08-24-2012 at 11:12 AM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #3800
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
@ ILPC:

I was volunteering at my local SPCA thrift store in California. Worked both as a cashier and sorting/pricing. Check your area for independent thrift stores, youth shelters, places where they need man power to sort through donated goods.
and it will look good on a resume, job application, it can count as work experience just to get hired for a simple minimum-wage job in retail or fast-food, customer-service?
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #3801
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I'm so frickin' hungry! Our kitchen is STILL gutted so we don't have any way to cook anything aside from the microwave, and there's nothing reheatable that I actually want to eat. I'm also REALLY sick of eating out, I just want to be able to make myself chicken and rice when I'm hungry, is that really too much to ask for? DX
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #3802
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

My back hurts so much and I had things I needed to do today but can't now...dang it

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #3803
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

@ILPC:

In response to your question, yes. My current resume has two volunteer jobs listed, with my duties and job titles for each.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #3804
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

My right knee has been hurting really bad since yesterday and I have no idea what the hell I did to it.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #3805
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Heh, funny enough my Mom's having the same problem. On my end, I twisted my ankle a bit in ballet on Monday, and apparently I hurt it more than I thought. Next day it was actually quite sore, and it's still giving me some twinges. I'm surprised, since it was just a little feeling of "Ouch, shouldn't have landed like that" in class and didn't stay achey right from the get-go.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #3806
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

So this happened last night at work and it severely irritated me, I was just too tired to type about it last night.

So here's some backstory... the head bartender is a HUGE BITCH and can never say please and thank you to the runners when we go get her shit every two seconds and we have to run food and clean tables as well. Anyways it was the end of the night, so she pulls out this tupperware with some kind of sweet in it (as far as I could tell) and she was offering some to everyone. And she offered me some, and I asked hesitantly "What is it?" You know.... a completely normal question regarding something I am about to consume, or so I thought....

She snapped at me for asking what it was, and told me "No you answer my question first, do you want it or not?" So I say no, of course I don't want something when I don't know what it is. And she says "Ok now you can ask what it is" And I was so floored at her backwards logic. How many of you guys get offended when you ask what is in/what composes something you have made? I mean I have friends who are allergic to things and are always checking what's in food and I'm always making sure that when they're over their allergies are catered to. The thought did occur to me that what if I was allergic to something that happened to be in her food (it did contain peanut butter and thankfully I am not allergic to nuts) and I ate it and had a reaction? LADY PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS FOR REASONS NOT TO BE DICKS!
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #3807
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You should of hit the container and knocked them on the floor.

"There, now no one has to deal with your backwards bullshit"
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #3808
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
You should of hit the container and knocked them on the floor.

"There, now no one has to deal with your backwards bullshit"
I really wish I could hang with you and you could do this crazy shit. My life would be infinitely better.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #3809
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
@ILPC:

In response to your question, yes. My current resume has two volunteer jobs listed, with my duties and job titles for each.
Thanks, because I want to have a life again, being unemployed makes me feel like I have no life, since having a job forces you to be social, because you have your co-workers and customers to interact with
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #3810
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I'm moving to London (Ontario, not England...). Excited and stressed at the same time.... yay to starting school this fall...

OH MY GOODNESS

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote