Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #3886
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
....Well, girlfriend, you wonder why I'm in a bad mood.
She asks if she can kiss other people at conventions. I knew it didn't mean that much to her and that she did it before she ever started dating me, so I'm uncomfortable with it but say yes, since I knew she did.
Talk about her coming over next weekend and try to be a little flirty suggesting that we kiss.
"Oh well I didn't really want to... ...I'm not in a kissing mood..."
..What the fuck did I just read. :|
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #3887
Victoria917
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
I'm kinda sad that I have no IRL friends that cosplay. Heck, nobody I know at school seems to share any of the same interests as I do and it depresses me. I met so many hilarious and awesome people at Otakon and I wish I could have friends like them...
Victoria917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #3888
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn
 
kuroki-neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
....Well, girlfriend, you wonder why I'm in a bad mood.
She asks if she can kiss other people at conventions. I knew it didn't mean that much to her and that she did it before she ever started dating me, so I'm uncomfortable with it but say yes, since I knew she did.
Talk about her coming over next weekend and try to be a little flirty suggesting that we kiss.
"Oh well I didn't really want to... ...I'm not in a kissing mood..."
..What the fuck did I just read. :|
why would she want to do that? is it part of her cosplay?
__________________
my cosplay group page (all for love)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/All...77427085622442
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #3889
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn
 
kuroki-neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria917 View Post
I'm kinda sad that I have no IRL friends that cosplay. Heck, nobody I know at school seems to share any of the same interests as I do and it depresses me. I met so many hilarious and awesome people at Otakon and I wish I could have friends like them...
i know what you mean im stuck working only with my mom. the rare times i meet good people at cons and i give them my number and contact info they never contact me. ethier that or they add me and then go ignoring me for thier other friends.
__________________
my cosplay group page (all for love)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/All...77427085622442
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #3890
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze
 
fujyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,941
So I just found out that comic con isn't doing NYAF anymore >: no wonder there hasn't been any guests scheduled for the anime department. Knowing me I still might go depending on the Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers I can recruit for that photoshoot friday but that news still kinda sucks >: Oh well I still have till the 14th to decide.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #3891
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
why would she want to do that? is it part of her cosplay?
It's just something she does at cons; I don't really like it, but I knew that she did it before we ever started dating, and she asked if I was okay with it, so I can't say I never had a choice in the matter. I did give her the rule of 'no making out with strangers', though, and no flaunting to me about how good a kisser [x] was. She says it's one of those things she likes but doesn't get to do often that she can do at cons..which is why what she said next pissed me off.
She said when she said she didn't want to kiss me 'right now at this second'.
1) Why the hell bring it up, then?
2) So you're going to tell me that at cons you're going to kiss strangers all you want, but god forbid your girlfriend wants to kiss, you're not in the mood! ?
I'm still wondering if this is even worth it. Things just keep rollercoaster-ing. She'll do something really good and then something that pissed me off or makes me feel horrible. And it really isn't helping the self esteem and outlook I have on relationships from the last failed one.
I'm giving it until she comes over next weekend. We'll see how she acts then, and go from there, unless she does something else horrible before then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #3892
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
It's just something she does at cons; I don't really like it, but I knew that she did it before we ever started dating, and she asked if I was okay with it, so I can't say I never had a choice in the matter. I did give her the rule of 'no making out with strangers', though, and no flaunting to me about how good a kisser [x] was. She says it's one of those things she likes but doesn't get to do often that she can do at cons..which is why what she said next pissed me off.
She said when she said she didn't want to kiss me 'right now at this second'.
1) Why the hell bring it up, then?
2) So you're going to tell me that at cons you're going to kiss strangers all you want, but god forbid your girlfriend wants to kiss, you're not in the mood! ?
I'm still wondering if this is even worth it. Things just keep rollercoaster-ing. She'll do something really good and then something that pissed me off or makes me feel horrible. And it really isn't helping the self esteem and outlook I have on relationships from the last failed one.
I'm giving it until she comes over next weekend. We'll see how she acts then, and go from there, unless she does something else horrible before then.
Why do you have to even ask about kissing? That's something couples should just naturally do.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #3893
LordTyger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68
FuntomKitten: Er, yeah. That's not a con problem, as much as a relationship problem. Doesn't sound healthy at all. Someone who makes their SO ask for a kiss and deny them, and wants to go to a convention and kiss other people; isn't invested in their SO and is just tugging strings, as it were.

I understand the rollercoastering thing, too. Have you sat down and explained to her why this behavior upsets you? If she's unwilling to truly change, it doesn't matter how many good things she does in the interims. Bit of a drastic comparison here, but: if I go out and shoot people for the kicks, and then give the contents of their wallets to an orphanage, it doesn't negate the fact that I'm shooting people, if that makes sense.

Oh. Main reason I came to this thread in the first place. Stressed all to hell about possibly not being able to go to my con coming up because of money issues. Grawr.
LordTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #3894
ILovePopCulture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 81
also, i'm not that social, not that outgoing, don't have many close friends, how and where can I meet more people, put myself out there more often, so i can get to interact with more people with my common interests, passions, hobbies?
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #3895
Taokaka
Herpa derpa
 
Taokaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
It's just something she does at cons; I don't really like it, but I knew that she did it before we ever started dating, and she asked if I was okay with it, so I can't say I never had a choice in the matter. I did give her the rule of 'no making out with strangers', though, and no flaunting to me about how good a kisser [x] was. She says it's one of those things she likes but doesn't get to do often that she can do at cons..which is why what she said next pissed me off.
She said when she said she didn't want to kiss me 'right now at this second'.
1) Why the hell bring it up, then?
2) So you're going to tell me that at cons you're going to kiss strangers all you want, but god forbid your girlfriend wants to kiss, you're not in the mood! ?
I'm still wondering if this is even worth it. Things just keep rollercoaster-ing. She'll do something really good and then something that pissed me off or makes me feel horrible. And it really isn't helping the self esteem and outlook I have on relationships from the last failed one.
I'm giving it until she comes over next weekend. We'll see how she acts then, and go from there, unless she does something else horrible before then.
I think you should tell her how you feel 'bout this. If it makes you unhappy/pissed off it isn't fair to you.

On my end though, I really dislike my job and I'm hating it more with each day I go. But I need the money so I can't leave. I also just want to hang out with my friends and bf but I can't :/ Just very blah how everything is going on at the moment.
__________________
Cons I go to:
-NYCC
-AnimeNext
-AnimeMidAtlantic
Taokaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #3896
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Kitten just because she did it BEFORE you were a couple doesn't mean it's ok if you're not comfortable with it to do it AFTER you're a couple. If you're not comfortable with it, tell her because hiding it and ignoring it will ruin things for you both in the long run. You have to be honest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #3897
ILovePopCulture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 81
where else to meet nerdy, geeky girls besides Conventions?
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #3898
Mangochutney
saucy condiment
 
Mangochutney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
where else to meet nerdy, geeky girls besides Conventions?
I've got a rack of them in the fridge. Fi' dolla.
__________________
*
Workin' on:
Tom Petty [Final Fantasy XV] (9%)
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #3899
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
where else to meet nerdy, geeky girls besides Conventions?
The world?

Shockingly there are perfectly well adjusted, normal women folk all around you at this VERY MOMENT who like 'nerdy geeky' things and you may never be able to tell! It's really hard sometimes because we don't always wear our Halo shirts out to advertise our fandoms so we may blend in with the rest of the women around us. Sometimes though, if you get to know one of us you find out we're into those nerdy geeky things. It's like magic, you get to know someone and it turns out you have things in common.


Or you just go to Mango's grocery mart and pick up one.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #3900
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn
 
kuroki-neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
It's just something she does at cons; I don't really like it, but I knew that she did it before we ever started dating, and she asked if I was okay with it, so I can't say I never had a choice in the matter. I did give her the rule of 'no making out with strangers', though, and no flaunting to me about how good a kisser [x] was. She says it's one of those things she likes but doesn't get to do often that she can do at cons..which is why what she said next pissed me off.
She said when she said she didn't want to kiss me 'right now at this second'.
1) Why the hell bring it up, then?
2) So you're going to tell me that at cons you're going to kiss strangers all you want, but god forbid your girlfriend wants to kiss, you're not in the mood! ?
I'm still wondering if this is even worth it. Things just keep rollercoaster-ing. She'll do something really good and then something that pissed me off or makes me feel horrible. And it really isn't helping the self esteem and outlook I have on relationships from the last failed one.
I'm giving it until she comes over next weekend. We'll see how she acts then, and go from there, unless she does something else horrible before then.
good thing my gf is loyal, if you hae seen my past posts about my gf that are back a page or two you can see i have problems too. also thats stort of why i don't go after the popular girls that have allot of friends, they just tend to take you for granted.
__________________
my cosplay group page (all for love)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/All...77427085622442
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.