Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #3991
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
i hope your mother is going to be ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Hope everything turns out fine for her.
Thanks to you both, it's appreciated.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #3992
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I know I just posted, but I need to get a big old rant off my chest, and saying it strangers seems like the best course of action and whatnot.

So today's effectively been a shitty day, hence the need to rant. It started out good, save for being tired as hell but that's not new for most people on earth. So I get ready for school blah blah blah, and I spend the hour-long bus ride trying to sit sideways without falling out of the seat-- I don't like people sitting next to me because I get very enrvous and claustrophobic when people trap me between the seat and the window, but I don't want to sound like an ass and ask people to move, so I just try to prevent anyone from sitting down in the first place. So that was a thing.

Then I get to choir and we sing as usual, but then my best guy friend starts to zone out, and his eyes are getting glazed over. Well, I know what's about to happen. He gets these seizure-like episodes, and he was about to have one. Obviously I call the teacher over and I sprint out to get a bottle fo water for him. By the time I get back he's shaking violently all over the place and the teacher is trying to keep him from hittin his head on the metal risers, so I go and grab his legs while the assisstant is trying to keep class moving and to get people not to stare and shit. Of course all the new kids to choir this year flip out because they don't know what's happening, so they have to be calmed down and everything is explained to them while I'm trying to keep my friend from cracking his head open and hurting himself. Thankfully he comes out of it after three minutes and he slowly sits up and sips some water. I take him to the office and return while the teacher explains the situation to everyone and whatnot. So now I'm all rattled as I head to English.

English is super mellow, we had a project due but I don't present until tomorrow so I got to chill and just kind of calm down for a bit. However, after English I check my phone and there's a text from my guy friend. He was heading home when his mom got a call, and apparently his dad was in a car crash. Seriously, could HIS day get any worse? Thankfully his dad is okay, and only suffered very minor injuries. Thank God. And we move on.

Spanish was boring, we just recited the Spanish alphabet which I memorized days ago. So I go to lunch and begin eating my pasta and whatever else I packed. As I'm eating, this one girl that annoys the crap out of everyone comes up, looking and my pasta, and just REACHES INTO MY FUCKING BOWL AND TAKES OUT A NOODLE WITH HER BARE HANDS. I mean...seriously?! WHO DOES THAT?! I just look at her like "what the hell?!" and she's like "Chill, I'm not taking your lunch or anything. You've got more than enough food." .....clearly, she doesn't understand that's not the issue. My problem is that it's generally considered rude and disgusting to stick your bare hands in someone else's food. So I effectively lost my appetite on that one, and of course as I'm putting it away she asks "Hey, can I have that?" ....how about no?

Thankfully Biology was really chill and really fun, so that makes me feel a bit better. Geometry was about the same, and all was good in Jackie land. Then it just goes downhill from here. I head to robotics, which is usually my favorite part of the day, except for one team member. This is this one kid on my team who is the MOST annoying kid I've ever met. All he does is blurt out things and interrupt everyone, and when someone tells him to cut it out he just giggles and causes more distractions. Why is he on the team? So I spent three hours trying not to blow a fuse as everyone else on the team resisted the urge to deck him in the face. Did I mention he has a really annoying voice? It just cuts right through you. The discussion ended up being very disjointed because he interrupted someone every five seconds, causing many trains of thought to be derailed, and way too many distractions.

By the time I finally get home, I just want to sleep, but no. I have 3 hours of homework to get done, and then I have to work on my Engineering Notebook for robotics. Regardless, I get it done and then head online to FINALLY relax. Oh wait, how about no. The second I get online, this annoying guy starts mesaging me nonstop. He's sort of my friend...kind of. However, every time I get online he just messages me over and over, and I don't have the heart to tell him to leave me the fack alone! After such a long, exhausting day I just want to chill and listen to music, and I even switch myself to busy on Skype (I don't log off because sometimes people have important things to say to me), but no, he thinks it's stilla good idea to message me. I ignore him, but he doesn't stop. I am seriously going to block him without warning, and when he asks why I'm just going to roll my eyes.

THEN, my best friend tells me she's not completing a cosplay she was going to do. Normally I don't care, but we're doing a duo, and if she doesn't do this outfit it'll just be me... the thing is, she could have done it. She was just too lazy to get up and go get the materials for it.

TL;DR I'm stressed, tired, pissed off, and I have nowhere to direct these tedious emotions.

So that was my day.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #3993
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

So, I'm working on going back to school for special ed, and I swear this one admissions website is designed to confuse people so that it weeds out the stupids and keeps all but the most determined from completed the application. I'm almost done, but I still haven't submitted my transcripts. Why? I can't for the life of me find where the frack I'm supposed to mail them! I have searched for hours, and I know this information exists. I clearly recall seeing it with my own eyes, but now it is nowhere to be found. I am so confused and frustrated I'm about to SCREAM!

So, what is it, university? Do you not want people to attend your school?
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #3994
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I got back from doing the grocery shopping a few hours ago. I fell asleep while reading and the sun started shning on me. I feel like I've been baked in the oven for 10 hours and I haven't even remembered to chill any of my drinks....

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3995
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmium Polyphony View Post
I had a show to do yesterday that I cancelled. Had I not cancelled, I wouldnt have been around to send my mother to the hospital. If I did that fucking show last night, my mom might be dead today. I've never cried so much that my eyes hurt before. I am so fucking lucky.
This is probably very late but I wanted to offer my best wishes to you and your mother. I hope everything turns out okay and she's well.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #3996
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Now I can see why all my friends hate the school drama teacher. He was nice to me last year but this morning he started yelling at me and calling me forgetful and infuriating and pretty much saying I was a stupid child. He'd assigned us to work in groups last week and I'd had such a head cold then that I couldn't remember anything he'd said, so I tried explaining that and asked which group I was in and he flipped out at me saying I should "get some memory and pay attention instead of reading all those stupid animated books" and that he'd "Take them every day when I came into class so I'd have nothing in my hands to distract me."

For the record, I was NOT reading manga while he was talking. I was reading before the bell rang, but I put it away when class started.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #3997
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Now I can see why all my friends hate the school drama teacher. He was nice to me last year but this morning he started yelling at me and calling me forgetful and infuriating and pretty much saying I was a stupid child. He'd assigned us to work in groups last week and I'd had such a head cold then that I couldn't remember anything he'd said, so I tried explaining that and asked which group I was in and he flipped out at me saying I should "get some memory and pay attention instead of reading all those stupid animated books" and that he'd "Take them every day when I came into class so I'd have nothing in my hands to distract me."

For the record, I was NOT reading manga while he was talking. I was reading before the bell rang, but I put it away when class started.
Secretly record him and show it to your principal

I'd do it.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #3998
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Cadmium-- I'll send a prayer and thoughts her way.

Quinn-- I am sorry to hear that your teacher is being a jerk. Was it really necessary to go so far as to trash what you were reading too? Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
So, what is it, university? Do you not want people to attend your school?
I could ramble for hours on why I loathe college applications.

Fish-And-Chips: Oh my goodness. Sounds like you had an absolutely crazy day. I am glad to hear that nobody was seriously injured though!
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #3999
SapphireChaos

I hate when people try to tell me how to live my life. Just because I don't act, dress, or think like you doesn't mean I fail as a human being. Just be cause I don't wear makeup or cute clothes or become friends with every person I come in contact with doesn't mean I'm a terrible person.

Also, just when I think I can't possibly suck more at anything else, my sister tells me that I look bad when I cosplay boys. Most of my cosplays are boys. And it hurts coming from her considering she's the one whose been most accepting of my cosplays.
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - 0%
[?] Jun (Avatar the Last Airbender) - 0%
SapphireChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #4000
Wolfmeisterrr

Absolutely dislike when medical people try and schedule crap for you when you aren't ready persay say I.e Financial Wise. Annnnnnnnnd you have gone over the treatment plan of a 2 year process quit trying to make it into a 2 MONTH process!

Especially when I have politely cancelled and tell you I completely understand the risk, but let me I dunno pay for my 2,000 dollar surgery next week which is by far what needs to be done first like the Doctor said annd then we can go to another phase of the plan okay Becky (receptionist)?
I don't need a lecture of why I shouldn't; I told you I will reschedule after the surgery. Would you like to pay for the treatment then Becky? No? Okay then please kindly leave me be like I asked, or your office manager will hear of it .
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #4001
lattecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireChaos View Post
I hate when people try to tell me how to live my life. Just because I don't act, dress, or think like you doesn't mean I fail as a human being. Just be cause I don't wear makeup or cute clothes or become friends with every person I come in contact with doesn't mean I'm a terrible person.

Also, just when I think I can't possibly suck more at anything else, my sister tells me that I look bad when I cosplay boys. Most of my cosplays are boys. And it hurts coming from her considering she's the one whose been most accepting of my cosplays.
i feel you! they should just worry about themselves! some people just don't know how to handle people that are different from them. it's pretty stupid
lattecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #4002
lattecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfmeisterrr View Post
Absolutely dislike when medical people try and schedule crap for you when you aren't ready persay say I.e Financial Wise. Annnnnnnnnd you have gone over the treatment plan of a 2 year process quit trying to make it into a 2 MONTH process!

Especially when I have politely cancelled and tell you I completely understand the risk, but let me I dunno pay for my 2,000 dollar surgery next week which is by far what needs to be done first like the Doctor said annd then we can go to another phase of the plan okay Becky (receptionist)?
I don't need a lecture of why I shouldn't; I told you I will reschedule after the surgery. Would you like to pay for the treatment then Becky? No? Okay then please kindly leave me be like I asked, or your office manager will hear of it .
what is this surgery you speak of?! $2,0000!!!!!??? theyre just all about taking your money!!
lattecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #4003
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Today I was just starting work on a prop with PVC pipe. I just needed to cut it in half so I heated up my knife and started to but then I got the most painful hand cramp so I put the knive down but knocked it to the floor and it landed on my foot...since then I been in pain for hours >< ive been cursing all day and now I'm mad at myself .

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #4004
ILovePopCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
(I can't believe I'm doing this)

I think what he meant was that he doesn't try to get close to girls who have a lot of established friendships, as the bar to leave an impression is already higher than, uh, those with smaller friends circles.

While the term "popular" makes the sentence very highschool-ish, it doesn't mean there isn't a valid point in it. People of either genders with extensive friends circles are likely less prone to be into the "meeting other folks" unless they register as equal or more awesome than the people they already consider friends

The bolded part could be reworded though.

For the most part, I think people come to this thread to unload crap, not necessarily to get advice. The decision to give advice tends to come from us.

Conventions are a good start, I'm going to assume you're using "people" here because you don't want to publicly state "girls" outright.

Though, to impress, you normally need to have skills for stuff --- and I can't help with that. My major skills lie in things that only get noticed if they don't work.
not using, just asking for advice, when you mean skills for stuff, what do you mean for example? specifically?
ILovePopCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #4005
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePopCulture View Post
not using, just asking for advice, when you mean skills for stuff, what do you mean for example? specifically?
Scalping, knitting, baking, untraceable cat shipments, that sort of thing. Kildread is a man of many skills, not all of which are necessarily the most reasonable of abilities to posses.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote