Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 109 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #4216
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

WHAT gives a person the goddamn right to beat up a child especially one they don't even bloody know. This is the SECOND incident in which this has happened. The first time the children where at fault because they were throwing rocks at a car. The second time it was uncalled for. Three female children where chased by a male in a black truck. Two made it into our community the third was grabbed slammed head first into the ground then pounded in the face by this male. A CHILD! Gets better it turns out this whole incident turned out with him clipping one of these girls with his truck. While she was unhurt, and all could have been said and done no he decided to beat this child.

Cops got him, but dang do I hate society right now.

Unread 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #4217
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I am annoyed that every time I see pictures of these two together or hear how much 'he adores his Sebby' it crushes me inside. I know I'm over him...but...it still hurts to see and read these things, and puts me in the most sour mood, and I have no idea why. I need to just avoid the internet until the AWA pictures are done, or I'm going to end up crying myself to sleep for the first time in a while :'(
Goddammit, first loves never go away, huh?
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #4218
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Given it's an 8-hour drive for me, I'd have to leave on Thursday in order to get there for Friday morning. I'd miss a good bit of Friday if I left that morning, and it's a bit harder to justify traveling that far for only 2 days of the con.

Sigh. Just a worst-case scenario sort of thing.
Hmm yeah you would miss a chunk of the day, and then you'd have to wait to nab your ticket too. Still if you left early Friday you could make Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday which isn't too bad.

I mean here in Canada we only have one con that does the whole Thursday-Sunday dealio. Most cons start Friday night (Anime North starts at like 4 or 5).

Just pretend the con went all Canadian eh.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #4219
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

I saved up for a nice pair of boots (Jeffrey Campbell, what what) - the ONLY thing I was going to buy all winter. They were delivered to my apartment, and within the 2 hours they were left there (delivery confirmation) and I got home from work, someone stole them. They are utterly gone. I had the building staff hunt the back rooms for me, too. Gone. Just gone.

Asshole. Wherever you are, you are an asshole. I hope you fall down in those platform boots and break your nose.

It also doesn't help that all the target ads on this and every other website all have pictures of those boots on them, since I just ordered them.

They were so expensive I just can't justify reordering them and paying twice as much money for them.
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #4220
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Like, they left the package outside your door or something?

If it is, you can probably complain to the delivery company.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #4221
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Like, they left the package outside your door or something?

If it is, you can probably complain to the delivery company.
This, unless you specifically said it was OK, I'm quite sure that courier firms have to make sure they leave packages in a safe place.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #4222
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Depending on the cost of the package and if the purchaser specifies that the package can be left without signing for it Jia may very well be able to take the issue up with the delivery service.

I am sorry that happened :\ I hope you can get something resolved and the thief has a thousand Lego's cross their path.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #4223
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Geez that sucks. One time I had my boots stolen while at the pool, and the same thing happened to my boyfriend at the gym. Who the HELL steals someone's shoes, new or used? And WHY? How pathetic do you have to be? (Hell, one time when Mom was doing a quick fix on her truck while in a parking lot, she had the roll of electrical tape on the hood and when she was bending back into the cab, some fucking kid walking by decided to try and steal it. A roll. Of. Fucking. TAPE.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #4224
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Thanks guys. I'm sure they can just walk into any retail store and return them, getting a free couple hundred bucks. A lot better than a used roll of tape. :B

Actually, I *did* sign for it. UPS left a note on my apartment's door, (very common, there are other packages constantly left in our shared hallway/mail room) and I signed the back giving them permission to leave it at the door the next day. Tomorrow comes and the note was gone, but no package. Online says they left it there mere hours ago. So crappy!!!!

I will be eyeing every one in my apartment's feet suspiciously, and be ready with a fist full of legos for them.

Lesson learned hard way: send packages to work address. And also, some people are jerks.
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #4225
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'd put up a "Give me back my boots!" Note on your door. Maybe with a "Just return them immediately and I won't get mean".
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #4226
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
Thanks guys. I'm sure they can just walk into any retail store and return them, getting a free couple hundred bucks. A lot better than a used roll of tape. :B

Actually, I *did* sign for it. UPS left a note on my apartment's door, (very common, there are other packages constantly left in our shared hallway/mail room) and I signed the back giving them permission to leave it at the door the next day. Tomorrow comes and the note was gone, but no package. Online says they left it there mere hours ago. So crappy!!!!

I will be eyeing every one in my apartment's feet suspiciously, and be ready with a fist full of legos for them.

Lesson learned hard way: send packages to work address. And also, some people are jerks.
I wonder how someone would even know that something valuable is in that package...like it could easily just have been oven mitts or a dog dish. Why would someone go out of their way to take the package without really knowing what was inside? If you mentioned your big purchase to someone in the apartment it might be worth staring extra hard at their feet wear choices in the future.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #4227
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I now understand where bratty, ungrateful teen angst comes from. Although I like to think mine is not as much so.
Now, a couple of days ago, my grandmother basically demanded I clean up the majority of her house for her before relatives came and a festival (where they sell quilts and such) comes. Sure, I'm fine with that, she needs my help. I didn't enjoy it, but she paid well and I knew it needed to be done, so I'm okay with it.
What I am not fine with, is her suggesting I do it on a regular basis, me telling my family, and them basically telling me I HAVE to do it (because I really don't want to).
"You would be helping her", "She pays well", basically, in their tones and word choice, implying that I'm a lazy asshole for not wanting to do it.
Here's the thing: She's a packrat. Literally. I had to make stacks to the ceiling of boxes with nearly useless shit in them, and one nearly fell on me. I'm also stressed out, and doing this regularly wouldn't help at all.
I already help the grandmother that lives with us do 90% of her chores, and have enough to get mostly what I want, and if I want anything more, I'll save up for it. I'm happy with the amount I work now, and I don't really want to take this on for a few more dollars extra.
I will have a job when I have a car and can have some kind of choice in what I can do, family. Please stop pestering me trying to essentially make me grow up faster even more than I already have (because that has been a mental and emotional hell for me). I know she has sore joints, but that is all, and I just don't want to do this. I don't have anything I pay for on a regular basis, only hobbies which I am perfectly happy funding at the pace I do. If she NEEDS my help, she can ask me then. I DO NOT WANT TO SET UP A JOB FOR MYSELF RIGHT NOW, so please stop terrorizing me for my decision.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play an MMO and mess around in MMD to give myself reasons to hole up in my room the rest of the night.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 10-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #4228
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
That sucks hardcore, is your entryway easily visible from the street? I don't know what UPS' recourse for this is if you signed for leaving it there.

For the future, you can actually call UPS with the ticket they leave at your door and give an alternate address if you can't order directly at your work office address (Several online stores don't let you have a billing address different from the shipping one). At least, I can do so from Canada.

I've never wanted to sign messages to leave packages at my door even if my doorway is 2 sets of stairs off street level because I figure any passing smuck can grab the thing. Even then, my first cosplay was left my doorway with no signature :/
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #4229
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I now understand where bratty, ungrateful teen angst comes from. Although I like to think mine is not as much so.
Now, a couple of days ago, my grandmother basically demanded I clean up the majority of her house for her before relatives came and a festival (where they sell quilts and such) comes. Sure, I'm fine with that, she needs my help. I didn't enjoy it, but she paid well and I knew it needed to be done, so I'm okay with it.
What I am not fine with, is her suggesting I do it on a regular basis, me telling my family, and them basically telling me I HAVE to do it (because I really don't want to).
"You would be helping her", "She pays well", basically, in their tones and word choice, implying that I'm a lazy asshole for not wanting to do it.
Here's the thing: She's a packrat. Literally. I had to make stacks to the ceiling of boxes with nearly useless shit in them, and one nearly fell on me. I'm also stressed out, and doing this regularly wouldn't help at all.
I already help the grandmother that lives with us do 90% of her chores, and have enough to get mostly what I want, and if I want anything more, I'll save up for it. I'm happy with the amount I work now, and I don't really want to take this on for a few more dollars extra.
I will have a job when I have a car and can have some kind of choice in what I can do, family. Please stop pestering me trying to essentially make me grow up faster even more than I already have (because that has been a mental and emotional hell for me). I know she has sore joints, but that is all, and I just don't want to do this. I don't have anything I pay for on a regular basis, only hobbies which I am perfectly happy funding at the pace I do. If she NEEDS my help, she can ask me then. I DO NOT WANT TO SET UP A JOB FOR MYSELF RIGHT NOW, so please stop terrorizing me for my decision.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play an MMO and mess around in MMD to give myself reasons to hole up in my room the rest of the night.
It's not safe nor right to work in a home of a hoarder aka pack rat. Save it for when you have a car and you can smuggle some of that sh-t out of the house. Both my parents are hoarders, or at least my mom was. o_0 Sounds like your basically the b-tch of the family. You don't have much to say in anything and they expect you to kiss ass.

And your right when your help is needed she'll ask you. Sounds like you are a good worker, but try not to grow up to fast. Adult life sucks.
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #4230
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
It's not safe nor right to work in a home of a hoarder aka pack rat. Save it for when you have a car and you can smuggle some of that sh-t out of the house. Both my parents are hoarders, or at least my mom was. o_0 Sounds like your basically the b-tch of the family. You don't have much to say in anything and they expect you to kiss ass.

And your right when your help is needed she'll ask you. Sounds like you are a good worker, but try not to grow up to fast. Adult life sucks.
Essentially, I am. My parents work, so they expect my sister and I to help everybody else when we can: and considering the fact that my sister either works or is always out with friends, it gets left to me. I'm also usually really soft spoken and don't like to complain because, obviously, they blow up on me if I try. I do what I can to help everyone, but I know how much I can take. When she honestly needs my help, I'll go help her. I just don't want to take on a regular job right now, which has to do with the not wanting to grow up too fast thing.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons