Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #4231
Geldbeutel
Lurker Extraordinaire

Hello DHL people. I saw you you , you know,

I saw you Tuesday when you came to my door while I was getting out of the shower, when I bellowed'' I'll be right there, gimme a sec'', when I opened the door in now wet clothes just in time to see you leave in your bright yellow truck mocking me.

I saw you Wednesday when I left for work at 12h30 we even crossed path and not stop when I waved frantically at you to get your attention (I considered standing in front of your van to get you to stop, but I wasn't certain you wouldn't just run me over considering you didn't see the large large man doing jumping jacks 30 feet in front of you )

I did NOT however, see you on Thursday when I stayed in my house from 8 to 6 faithfully looking out the window at every sound remotely sembling truck noise, only to be constantly disappointed by the multiple appearances of my neihbour's truck owning friends and family helping him do god knows what around the house.

We already talked this over DHL.I did not appreciate when your delivery people put a '' We tried to deliver ,but you weren't there'' note on the door without knocking or ringing the bell while I was in the Kitchen, 15 feet away from the door, to be told '' Our driver didn't think there was someone in the house because there was no car in the driveway''

Or when your delivery guy took out whatever frustrations he had in his day by delivering a ridiculous amount of lightbulbs, neons and light fixtures my mother's company ordered with Superbowl-winning passes, with the door( or the nearest wall, we're not quite sure, do tell your people to work on their aim at the very least DHL!)as the Jordy Nelson to your Aaron Rodgers

I will be waiting for you tomorrow DHL,hoping that you will show up to do the delivery you were supposed to do today.I'll be the big guy with a a bottle of Juice/coke/JD's , depending on what time you get here, my trusty Strato, my Peavey and enough sheet music/backing tracks to last me till the zombie apocalypse........and rage.Lots and Lots of rage.

Thread carefully, I'll be waiting

Geld

(Just in case, Not be read seriously)
Geldbeutel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #4232
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Blegh, I'm super frustrated now. So I'm going to be in a panel at a convention at the end of the month, and to make sure we'd get the time slot we want, the host of the panel sent the application in more than 5 months ago (this is a fairly small con, mind you, so very few panels were even applied for at this point). We've been rehearsing and planning for about 5 months now (3 for me because I only joined the group 3 months ago). Well, we find out yesterday that we are set for Friday....when we asked for Saturday. What's worse is that a panel of the same anime (basically the same panel) registered 4 days ago and got the Saturday slot. ....what? Well, today one of our older volunteers for the panel will be calling up the convention coordinator to see if this can be fixed, as email communication isn't working. Hopefully we can just have a calm conversation and figure out why this happened, and see if they can fix it.

If it's not fixed...we're going to lose several of the panel volunteers....

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #4233
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

I am so upset how today when I swiped my metro card the machine stole my money as usual. No biggie. This always happens, and the lady always lets me a special entry.

But today there was some guy there and I told him that I put money in the metrocard this morning and the machine said it was insufficient. And the guy proceeds to tell me "I don't know what you did this morning, I hear a lot of stories"
This bothers me so much because just because some people make up stories and jump the train, does not mean everybody else does. Not everyone is a thief. YOU are a thief for not giving me my money back and making me pay again. I hate how I didn't speak up. He could have obviously seen my latest transaction and see that I was charged but yet, I was still on the other side.

I hate the MTA. Not to mention one time the machine stole me 10$ and the lady at the counter was like "I cannot do anything about it"

okay

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #4234
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
I saved up for a nice pair of boots (Jeffrey Campbell, what what) - the ONLY thing I was going to buy all winter. They were delivered to my apartment, and within the 2 hours they were left there (delivery confirmation) and I got home from work, someone stole them. They are utterly gone. I had the building staff hunt the back rooms for me, too. Gone. Just gone.

Asshole. Wherever you are, you are an asshole. I hope you fall down in those platform boots and break your nose.

It also doesn't help that all the target ads on this and every other website all have pictures of those boots on them, since I just ordered them.

They were so expensive I just can't justify reordering them and paying twice as much money for them.
why would anyone do that?

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #4235
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

There's a part of me that feels like I should be taking with a grain of salt, but it's been eating me.

I have difficulty accepting the abundance of racism in my area. To save up for college, I'm working register at a local Chinese restaurant; I live in a rural, predominantly white area in which the owners of the restaurant, Chinese-Americans, are known in the community, and overall really well-liked. However, since I've began working there frequently seems be an undercurrent of condescension, superiority, and fear towards the restaurant owners and other workers from many customers when I'm interacting with them. Most of the workers are native Catonese speakers, with English as their second language, so their accents vary in degrees of heaviness. However, nearly all of them are totally intelligible; all of the workers that aren't entirely fluent work food-prep and have no real contact with English-speaking customers.

But there's usually at least one person per a four hour shift that has to vocally express their surprise that there is someone not of asian ethnicity working the register. Most of the time it's innocent in nature; kids and people who are raised in a race-homogeneous community and bred into a narrow picture of what is to be considered normal and acceptable. A lot of them probably have no clue that the questions they ask and the comments they make carry offensive undertones. That isn't intended to imply that if it's unintentional it isn't harmful, which sometimes their comments are, but to a degree their ignorance is forgivable. They lack the experience or cultural exposure to know otherwise, and while it's sad and occasionally outright infuriating, it's understandable.

It's pricks that are blatantly aware of the socio-racial stratification in rural areas like our's but choose to voice negative comments to the people that are preparing and serving items for them, that I can't stand.

The other day when I was working we had a guy come in, obviously on something (meth is big up here, as well as coke), unable to stand still and eyes rolling around his skull, before they fell on me. The first words out of his mouth were, 'Wow, so they finally got an American working here!'. He then went on to make several ugly sounds mimicking Mandarin or Cantonese or fuckall if I know, it was just disgusting. That he had the gall to dismiss the authenticity of their citizenry is even worse than that, honestly. How far up your own colon do you have to be to assume that because someone speaks either imperfect English or isn't caucasian that they aren't American citizens? If they were white and spoke with a Polish or German accent, would they still be American?
My boss, a woman who has essentially single-handedly run this setup for over fifteen years and a person who I admire a lot, didn't say anything at this display. Instead she just looked silently ashamed. Not angry or taken aback, but ashamed. Maybe I misinterpreted it, maybe she was more pissed than I was, but the expression she had is spotwelded into my head; in hindsight, I'm more angry at myself for not telling this guy to go fuck himself than I am that he would act so vulgarly toward the people that were serving him on the grounds that they were of another race.

Tldr; this is the conclusion where I disintegrate into swearing and incoherence:

Christ almighty, so they speak with an accent, so they're not white; that doesn't discredit their service quality or integrity as homo-fucking-sapiens. They're human, and they're damn good ones who worked damn hard to get where they are today. They've got flaws and faults just like every other multi-celled sentient organism, but one of them sure as hell isn't acting like a entitled, privileged douchebag high the misguided impression of possessing more rights or sway because the value of their skin arbitrarily provides it. That shit is noxious and I want none of it anywhere near me or my workmates. If anything like that happens again, I'm going to singe their ears.

Last edited by Drysi : 10-07-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #4236
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Description of asshatery.
It's probably better you didn't say anything if he was tweaking. You have a chance to reason with reason with a person, but you can never reason with a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #4237
Lithium Flower
Handphones

The other day I called my mom for her birthday and stuff and ended up hanging up feeling like shit, which is no surprise at this point.

Apparently I am too sensitive, guy's. Once Boyfriend was relayed the conversation he disagreed strongly and said my mother didn't know what she was saying and not to listen to her.

Happy birthday, Mom. Thanks for the put downs.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #4238
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Remind me to not meet your mom, when someone tries to put me down I reverse it on them.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #4239
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Remind me to not meet your mom, when someone tries to put me down I reverse it on them.
The conversation involved these key phrases, my responses will be below them and thoughts in parenthesis;

How's your health doing? (in reference to me going off hormonal birth control pills, which in turn caused severe headaches and weight fluctuation of 10lbs in either direction)
Oh I feel fine, no more headaches

Are you still bloated?
(is that what it's called now?)

It's a combination of hormones and overeating.
I've told you before that I don't overeat...

When I came in a few months ago you ate so much at dinner!
I did not. I ate as I normally would but you where being critical of me because you see me as being fat. I ate less then you did
(From the woman who ate a dressing drench salad, and ordered baked pasta tubes stuffed with 3 cheeses. She neglected to bring up Brandons helping of 5 breadsticks, I guess as long as he looks skinny it's fine? For the record; I had a breadstick, soup, and less then half of my entree. Over-eating indeed)

No, you ate an awful lot that week.
Again, no I did not. Even if I did it was a holiday and celebration and I have my right to do so.

Your being sensitive, I am not accusing you of lying. (about my eating habits)
No, I am not. Yes, you are.

I am just a worried mother who cares about her daughters health.
My weight doesn't mean I am unhealthy..

Yes it does.
No it doesn't. My weight fluctuations are, and I'd be healthier staying heavy then all this constant weight loss and gains

Well I just want you to be comfortable and happy and confident.
I am happy about myself, you are the one who isn't

And then she told me she was flying in during December and would stay at the apartment but she didn't know if it was for the entire time of her stay.

She TOLD me this by the way.
Not asked.

I am not looking forward to this event.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #4240
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Mama Drama
Your mother... Gives me headaches, Lithium. Are you sure you're not still having them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It's probably better you didn't say anything if he was tweaking. You have a chance to reason with reason with a person, but you can never reason with a drug.

You're right. I've tried justifying feeling offended anyways by the reaction of my supervisor, but ultimately he was definitely on something and impervious to reason. The best thing we could have done in that situation was to give him what he wanted and get him the hell out, which was accomplished.
The afterburn stays, but yeah, you're right.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #4241
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I will be coming December...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #4242
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I will be coming December...
Tell her no, or at least give her a brief time limit for staying. If you feel uncomfortable doing it, have Brandon do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #4243
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Tell her no, or at least give her a brief time limit for staying. If you feel uncomfortable doing it, have Brandon do it.
I am not really sure HOW I could possibly do this. Not only has she already got her tickets but she's financially assisted Brandon and I with the apartment. Which we are both extremely grateful for and I wouldn't mind her staying for a day or two, but she's really just TOLD me that she's coming for as long as she feels like and I don't know how to say she can't..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #4244
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

The only thing I would do is go on with your daily lives and basically ignore her. You have shit to do that doesn't involve bending over backwards for her.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #4245
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Jeez, girlfriend. I'm touched you like talking to me, but don't get pissy because I have to eat and bathe. Yeah you've had a bad day, but you started talking to me in the middle of a Pandora Hearts episode and I had to finish it before I could focus on you. Then I had to eat and shower. Sorry that I couldn't focus on you that well..it isn't like you don't do the same Dx Ah well. Spur of the moment little rant there, nothing as serious as what other people put O__x I'm glad that's the only thing I have to put here for now.
And I am prepared for the Overly Attached Girlfriend picture responses. I KNOW YOU, COSCOM.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote