Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #4321
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
... there are DA forums? o_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Yeah...

Up to you to see if they're worth your time XD
The answer is no.

Turn away Jia, keep your precious innocence while you can.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #4322
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I could try to lend a hand, but I ain't nothin' to go on about.

In other news; The DA forums are like the Fitness Forums here. It's a dark shadowy landscape of barren woes and broken dreams where only the most seasoned warriors dare enter. Many do not come out alive.
I already managed to find out what I needed to know (just some stuff on how to place vanishing points). All I got on dA was a bunch of people asking me "what's a diagonal vanishing point?".

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #4323
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I already managed to find out what I needed to know (just some stuff on how to place vanishing points).
That's good! Ain't really too hard to find resources on vanishing points. I should implement them more often instead of just sketching out cones and lines. Derp a herp Emmers.

Quote:
All I got on dA was a bunch of people asking me "what's a diagonal vanishing point?".

Worlds biggest art website folks.

For the record, all anyone has to do is just do a simple google search for 'diagonal vanishing point' to figure out what it is. Here's an example;

The R line would be the right diagonal vanishing point.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #4324
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

That's precisely what I said (I even used that image). O_o;

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #4325
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
That's precisely what I said (I even used that image). O_o;

Welcome to deviantART.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #4326
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
~ouh-la-la~
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #4327
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

I watched Cartoon allstars to the rescue. It's a cartoon anti-drug film made in 1990. Right-wing Anti-drug propaganda at its finest, and this is coming from someone who never used drugs. People, I get it. Drugs are bad. You only have to tell me once, not constantly ram it down my throat at every turn. Sheesh, sometimes I think the anti-drug rhetoric is a worse evil than the drugs themselves
C0rvu51nku8a3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #4328
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0rvu51nku8a3 View Post
I watched Cartoon allstars to the rescue. It's a cartoon anti-drug film made in 1990. Right-wing Anti-drug propaganda at its finest, and this is coming from someone who never used drugs. People, I get it. Drugs are bad. You only have to tell me once, not constantly ram it down my throat at every turn. Sheesh, sometimes I think the anti-drug rhetoric is a worse evil than the drugs themselves
I'm curious now. Which cartoon characters were featured in this? My money's on Captain Planet and at least one Ninja Turtle, most likely Michelangelo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #4329
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I'm curious now. Which cartoon characters were featured in this? My money's on Captain Planet and at least one Ninja Turtle, most likely Michelangelo.
Yes, there was 1 ninja turtle. It also features the Muppet babies, Alf, Alvin and the chipmunks, Bugs bunny, daffy duck, Pooh bear, and the 3 kid ducks from Duck tales
C0rvu51nku8a3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #4330
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0rvu51nku8a3 View Post
Yes, there was 1 ninja turtle. It also features the Muppet babies, Alf, Alvin and the chipmunks, Bugs bunny, daffy duck, Pooh bear, and the 3 kid ducks from Duck tales
FUN FACT: About few years after Alf ran its course the actor who played the father became a crack whore.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #4331
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

..I've been on cosplay hiatus. So I decided today was a good day to cross dress in some of my new lolita pieces.
Now..it's to be expected; people thinking I'm gay and glares and everything else. Don't get me wrong, there was a ton of positive reactions too.
But I was going somewhere with people who have always accepted me however I may be dressed. They've seen me in cosplays plenty of times. This time...they weren't so accepting.

I've never felt so bullied by some of the people I thought were my friends.

As stupid as it sounds I'm still just pissed that a guy can't walk around in lolita for a day and be bullied to no end but girls can walk around dressed like prostitutes and it's okay.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.Ē

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #4332
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
As stupid as it sounds I'm still just pissed that a guy can't walk around in lolita for a day and be bullied to no end but girls can walk around dressed like prostitutes and it's okay.
I'm reminded of that scene in 48 Hours where Eddie Murphy walks into a redneck bar.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #4333
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

The most horrible thing happened this morning. My new dog, Sammy, killed my rabbit. My mom was cleaning up and left my door open so he ran in, broke through the cage and broke Alice's neck. We're returning him to the foster dog program he came from. He has done a lot of bad behavior, stuff we believed we could train him out of, but I can't deal with this.

I'm going to Hawaii in December, so if I do get another rabbit it will be after I get back.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #4334
OhHiAndie

Being an adult is starting to frustrate me. I'm slowly starting plans so I can move to Orlando early next year -- deadline I have set is that I should be there by May, when I turn 24. And everything is just making me bash my head against the desk.

Renewing permits, having to job-hunt over there, deciding what I'll take with me and what I'll leave behind, etc, etc.. Now I see why some people hate moving.

In The Works...
Oswin Oswald | Doctor Who
Kitty Pryde | Ultimate X-Men

Planning...
OC (for SW CVII) | Star Wars

Selling:. Dark brown bob wig, super-long golden blond wig. (Reduced prices on 11/4!)
OhHiAndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #4335
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
The most horrible thing happened this morning. My new dog, Sammy, killed my rabbit. My mom was cleaning up and left my door open so he ran in, broke through the cage and broke Alice's neck. We're returning him to the foster dog program he came from. He has done a lot of bad behavior, stuff we believed we could train him out of, but I can't deal with this.

I'm going to Hawaii in December, so if I do get another rabbit it will be after I get back.
I'm so sorry, that must have been awful! Poor rabbit! I don't blame you for returning the dog, it sounds like he has issues well beyond what many people would know how to handle.

Reminds me of a nasty kitten we had, who we named Cajun, because the darn thing got hold of some tuna with hot sauce and ate it right up, before anyone could stop him. He refused regular food, he just wouldn't eat anything we offered him. Until my dad put hot sauce in it, that is. Well, we eventually found something else that darn cat would eat. I'll write the rest in white text, so sensitives and animal lovers can skip it if they so choose. Highlight to read if you wish- warning, it's most likely the worst thing any of our cats have done:

We had that kitten for a few months, he and his littermate. Two grey kittens a few months old that you could have used as bookends. Well, momma-cat got out on us and got preggers again, and a few weeks later, we had a litter of kittens. My dad came out to the garage the night they were born, and found one of the baby kittens dead, and Cajun chewing on it. Well, we didn't know what had happened- if he had killed it, or if it had been stillborn before he got at it, and he was cleaning up the evidence. Well, we soon had an answer when he tried to attack the remaining kitten right in front of us shortly afterward, ears pinned back and claws out. Needless to say, we intervened, and took measures to keep him separated from that kitten. Unfortunately one day, we went out shopping, and my dad let Cajun into the garage, forgetting that momma cat and kitten were there. When my dad went out to the garage after we got home, he found both Cajun and kitten dead- Cajun had tried to swallow the kitten whole, and choked on the poor thing!

Some animals seem to be born messed up, unfortunately.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote