Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 110 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #4366
Mr Zero

I have been friends with a person since around May, and it just hit me she was probably just using me. She only text or calls me first when she needs something, otherwise I contact her first. What the hell!? I thought maybe she might have liked me a little bit, but I think she just had no one else to go to and knew I was willing to do things for her

Last edited by Mr Zero : 11-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #4367
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Yeah but you can't start killing everyone who acts like an asshole or who offends you. There's going to be, very, few, people left.
I don't see your point.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #4368
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Honestly, how is that any different than the people who demonize and discriminate against homosexuals?
It's very different. I automatically hate ANYONE who is against me having the same rights as heterosexuals. Being against gay rights is a choice while being gay is not. Don't compare people not liking your opinion to being denied actual rights.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #4369
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Persona: Arena's had its release date for the EU put back to next month (goodness knows why, since they aren't even translating it into any non-English EU languages).

Y u hate us, Atlus? ;_;

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #4370
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Man I still have quite a few prints left from Youmacon and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to sell them off online.

Boyfriend says I just keep posting in forums on dA and stuff but nearly everyone who's looking for artwork on their forums just wants pictures of their crappy Naruto 'OC' in some really inappropriate position I don't want to be associated with or the forums are full of jackasses who have no idea the amount of time and effort and talent is required for an artist to do what they're looking for and are offering a very low amount for a lot of work.

I can't count the number of times some teenager posts a reference to some gothy angel photograph and says they want a digital painting made to replicate it and will pay you a whopping $20 for a full bodied photo-realistic rendered digital painting. Or today some guy tripping balls is offering $5 per image for an artist to fully render some trading card game characters. 50 of them full bodied and fully digitally rendered and the artist will be paid $5 for each character and not get a percentage of the sales and will have to sign over their copyright to the buyer. It's like, how can you have no idea how much your asking for? The whole reason your commissioning someone else is because you can't do it yourself so you must have some concept of the level of difficulty that goes on in creating the kind of photo-realistic painterly style fantasy characters your looking for.

That's not even touching on the fact that he described his character as being Cinderella in Mystique's dress with Emma Frost's diamond skin texture. Because that's super legal to sell.

It seemed at Youmacon this year more and more dA weeabo's flooded the artist alley looking for nothing but pony art. No joke, I heard more people searching for exclusively pony art then anything else. Everyone seemed to be carrying something MLP related. I don't want to just exclusively have pony artwork, but I had included some mini wood-burns I was selling for $7 each or as a set for $35 and the only one that sold was Fluttershy. So now I can't sell the whole set online unless I quickly make up another board for Fluttershy.

It feels like unless I am catering strictly to people on dA with no concept of value or strictly to the bronies I am not going to get anything sold no matter how many people say they like what I have.

I joined up with a group I am part of that's doing a free-lance Mega Man tribute on their website (fighting games elite) so hopefully that will help market my stuff a bit more with the amount of traffic the website gathers. So I can get started on that concept sketch soon and get it done by the 1st.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #4371
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
It's very different. I automatically hate ANYONE who is against me having the same rights as heterosexuals. Being against gay rights is a choice while being gay is not. Don't compare people not liking your opinion to being denied actual rights.
^ this entirely.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #4372
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
I am very sorry that you hate me then. I respect your opinion, though I still stand by what I said. Just as you think your choice of sexual orientation should be respected, I believe my choice of religion should be as well, as well as my right to be against certain things. I won't try to change your opinion because I know that would just end in a messy argument on both sides, and that's never fun. XD

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #4373
Lithium Flower
Handphones

It's okay to be ignorant if you simply haven't had the education to know any different.

It's not okay to be ignorant if you know better and chose ignorance.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #4374
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
It's okay to be ignorant if you simply haven't had the education to know any different.

It's not okay to be ignorant if you know better and chose ignorance.
which in this case she wouldn't be ignorant if she knew better and still choose to act that way she would be stupid. discrimination based on sexual orientation even with religion as a excuse is still wrong.

-->( v O x O)O"

Last edited by toshirua3846384 : 11-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #4375
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
which in this case she wouldn't be ignorant if she knew better and still choose to act that way she would be stupid. discrimination based on sexual orientation even with religion as a excuse is still wrong.
That's what I was implying my good sir.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #4376
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Again, that is your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. I knew from the start that posting that rant wouldn't produce positive feedback, though the ranting thread is usually where people just need to get things off their chest. I'm glad you have an opinion and will defend yours, though I'm not hoping to start a whole debate here on my moral correctness. XD Granted, you're free to make snarky remarks about my intellect all you wish (it isn't as if I could stop you), but it really won't change anyone's opinion on the matter at hand.

On a completely unrelated topic-- there are too many games I want to buy and not enough money. ._. I really need a job, but school consumes too much of my time. Then again, I haven't even finished playing the games I bought this summer... it's like a vicious cycle. =~=

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #4377
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
I am very sorry that you hate me then. I respect your opinion, though I still stand by what I said. Just as you think your choice of sexual orientation should be respected, I believe my choice of religion should be as well, as well as my right to be against certain things. I won't try to change your opinion because I know that would just end in a messy argument on both sides, and that's never fun. XD
Sexual orientation is NOT A CHOICE. So stop calling it that. Why the hell should I respect someone who thinks I'm unworthy of civil rights? Religion is no excuse to be against civil gay marriage as it's a secular institution.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #4378
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Sexual orientation is NOT A CHOICE. So stop calling it that. Why the hell should I respect someone who thinks I'm unworthy of civil rights? Religion is no excuse to be against civil gay marriage as it's a secular institution.
I apologize on my wording; I do not entirely think sexual orientation is a choice, so that was my abd on my poor word choice. However, my opinion still stands the same. Also, I did not ask for your respect, as that would be silly of me, would it not? Anyways, I again apologize for my wording on the matter-- I do recognize that it is not necessarily a choice. Also, I use the term "marriage" loosely. After all, in modern day culture marriage has become a joke with the high divorce rate and such. Homosexuals literally getting married isn't what I was necessarily talking about. Though again, I really don't intend to start a whole moral debate here. I figured I ought to reply though to try and clarify and to apologize for my choice of wording in previous posts.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #4379
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Allow me to sit everyone down in a corner for time out and let you think about what you've done.

Religion is personal, and however the individual chooses to follow their religion is up to them. I don't have to like it, or even respect it, but it's not my business. I don't get to decide how someone follows their religion, or if we even have religion in our country.

Relationships are person, and however the individuals chose to handle them is up to them. You don't have to like it, or even respect it, but it's not your business. You do not get to decide how someone handles their relationships, or if they're even allowed to have one in the first place.

The end.
Everyone go home and play nice.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #4380
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Hey Fish-and-chips - are you against gay couples having the same rights as straight couples as well? Or is it just the word "marriage"?
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote