Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #4396
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

YAY! (I rewrote my posts several times.)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #4397
Lithium Flower
Handphones

And you did very well my dear.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #4398
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

Most of my workmates are the MOST ANNOYING people I have to deal with everyday!!!

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra / SuperCracks (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 30%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #4399
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
such terrific acts are rampant among heterosexuals as well-- I would know.
When those things happen to heterosexuals, it isn't because they're heterosexual. Heterosexuals are not oppressed, period. Come back to me when one of your friends calls you a pedophile because of your sexual orientation, something I have actually experienced.

Stop trying to compare the demonetization of LGBT to what you experience. It's not the same. Your rights as a heterosexual white Christian will never be put to a public vote. Those "against" you will never effect your rights, while in the case of your friend, it does.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)

Last edited by Shana05 : 11-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #4400
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Okay guy's this is going pretty well all things considered.

Lets keep this going and maybe we can go have ice cream later and go see Wreck It Ralph.
YAAAAAAAAAAAY Wreck it Ralph!

I'm gonna swim in those jimmies.

Fish- Lemme be frank, Shana is right, I don't get shit flung at me for being straight, never have I have in my life been mocked/harassed/bullied or anything of the sort, for being a straight woman. I do not know many straight people who have. I have however been attacked for being a woman, but not my orientation.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 11-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #4401
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
When those things happen to heterosexuals, it isn't because they're heterosexual.

Heterosexual folks like you and I may have things happen to us that also happen to marginalized groups such as homosexuals or other races. The important thing to realize is that when these things happen to US it isn't because we're heterosexual. We aren't experiencing prejudice, we aren't being marginalized, we aren't having laws passed that make us second class citizens based on our sexuality, we don't have populations of the country we live in perpetrating horrendous hate crimes against us because we're straight.

It's like saying that because you where denied a job a black persons experience with racial prejudice in the work force is no longer a concern because guess what? You BOTH where denied work somewhere so it clearly isn't a problem right!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #4402
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Hunny, I doubt any heterosexual person has ever been ask if they think they'll actually be able to get a teaching job because of their "lifestyle" (I'm not sure how a homosexual lifestyle is any different than a heterosexual lifestyle, except for the sex, and a teacher's sex life certainly does not matter to students)
Or when talking about plans for children in the future: "Are you sure it's a good idea to bring children into an alternative family like that? Aren't you afraid they'll be teased?"
Or told that they don't deserve to be married and to have all the rights and privileges with that.

No. I don't think straight people are oppressed in the same way gay people are.

What you consider to be basic, common right, people have had to fight for. 50 years ago you could still be institionalized for being gay - it was a mental illness. Just think about that for a second.

50 years ago Loving someone could get you LOCKED UP.

LOVE was considered a mental problem. All because of gender.

Also - transgenderedness and sexuality really aren't related.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #4403
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Well time for a rant after what happened today :
me: ( At my job waiting for my ride to pick me up engaging in a conversation with a coworker)

random stranger: On his way to the loo; walks by's and then kinds of stops and looks at us, then proceeds to walk to the loo.

me: (still talking to my co worker, rides yet to arrive)

random stranger: (5 mins later, now out of the bathroom) walks by us again then stops

random stranger: I like your voice, you talk so properly.

Me: what?

Other co worker: (O x O)

random stranger: Well no offence but its just that I've never seen a black girl speak all proper and stuff.

Other co worker: (" O x O) looks at me (......)

Me: Uhm well actually im a pacific islander of bi-racial heritage, and people can talk or sound any way they want. Your pretty ignorant for saying something so asinine like that. You need to go out and see the world before you burden yourself to more stereotypes filled with such stupidity.
/rant

I really REALLY wanted to go off on this guy but i had to go since my ride showed up. I mean who does that, and to a total stranger? If you ask me, given the same situation with another person in the wrong parts of town, and the dude is sure to get beat down. Also i don't get why its such a big deal for someone of my similar skin tone to talk the way i do ( which in the way he was referring, white). Had to get that off my chest. Now to go back to my milk and Oreos.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #4404
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Well no offence but its just that I've never seen a black girl speak all proper and stuff.
Isn't it the oddest thing how the most offensive things always come right after the phrase "no offense but.."? It's like, do you realize that "no offense but.." is not some magical loop hole where if you say it before saying something incredibly offensive it cancels out the offensiveness like an offensive magnet?

Like when someone double dog dares you and you infinity dare them, yeah that doesn't work with racism.

I still recall that when Obama was first elected all the old white people I knew where just going on and on about how he spoke like a white person.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #4405
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Old people are allowed to get away with it though.

In about 50 years we'll all probably be the only ones allowed to make fun of...I don't know...casual games? ...hipsters? ...voluntary cyborgs?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #4406
Lithium Flower
Handphones

You know, I really debated on bringing this up or not considering this website isn't always known for being the most thoughtful of joints to hit up but after reading through something on Tumblr it's gotten in my head again and so begins my incredibly short tale.

This past weekend many of you know I and Boyfriend where at Youmacon selling our various wares and crying into our wallets. On one night after we left the artist alley to go munge around the RenCen and return to Cobo later that night as we where parked at the roof entrance. On the way back to the people mover a crowd of cosplayers passed, part of them was a young white girl with blond hair, maybe in her early 20's or mid teens. She was not cosplaying some mega uber kawaii desu~ fairy princess or a ninja fighter from the latest arcade game.No, she was dressed in an enormous phony sombrero, black fuzzy mustache, one of those absurd ponchos that are the exact same fabric cheap throw blankets are made of in the same pattern, and a big ass hot pepper tied around a belt on the outside of the poncho.

Go home and change you crazy fucking white girl.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #4407
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Isn't it the oddest thing how the most offensive things always come right after the phrase "no offense but.."?
Yea it fits in with the "with all due respect" thing which really is like saying "well whatever, kiss my ass."

Quote:
I still recall that when Obama was first elected all the old white people I knew where just going on and on about how he spoke like a white person.

Yea i really hate that; to be honest I've never had to go through any of that at all in till i stopped living in a military environment. Which was around 2 something years ago.( Im 22 years old now) Also Im not saying this never happens in a military environment, because it does sometimes (and usually with older people around 30) But at least in my experience it never happen in till around 2 years ago when i got my first job off base stateside.

I kinda feel sorry for people younger than me that have to grow up and hear shit like that said to them that makes no sense. But idk im not really used to hearing stuff like that, especially from a American. The usual thing i would usually hear over my course of life is;
"you speak pretty good [insert langauge] for a foreigner. (usual thing i would get when my parents were stationed in japan when i was 9yrs./10yrs. old) <---And even with that they are still often polite and the last thing is usually about skin tone. But i already accepted the fact that im going to get a lot of that here, especially where i reside at.

Im just going to have to learn to adapt lol.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #4408
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

This morning my mom's car broke down right as we were going to leave for school, so I ended up having to run there x_x Thankfully, the teacher decided not to mark me tardy, but this is already the second time this has happen -__-;; (though it was a different car last time)

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #4409
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Well, I read all your posts, that's for certain. XD I'm not really going to keep repeating myself because we're all very firm in our opinions, which is perfectly fine. I've really said all I "needed" (I use the word needed very loosely) to. Again, I really appreciate hearing from another perspective, whether it changes my opinion or not. I figure it's time to stop beating a dead horse and move on though, at least for me I will. XD

In other news, I'm not sure how I feel about how the election is going. At this point I don't think I particularly care who wins. o3o Though hopefully this political stuff will stop clogging my news feed soon.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #4410
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
In other news, I'm not sure how I feel about how the election is going. At this point I don't think I particularly care who wins.
Well, the gay marriage-friendly incumbent won and gay marriage was legalized in Maryland, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote