Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #4456
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
You're no fun.
I'm having the kind of day you had yesterday. I'll get better.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #4457
cybernova
Registered User
 
cybernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Just hearing the same argument many times doesn't make it bullshit. In fact, it might just be that people are repeating it so much because there is in fact some validity to it.

Trust me, I get as pissed as the next guy when people start calling it "a fairy tale for gullible people who are afraid of death", and unlike you I wouldn't even classify myself as atheist -- I am not confident enough in my knowledge of the mechanics and very existence of the universe that I can realistically call myself anything other than an absolutely clueless agnostic -- but to dismiss an argument as stupid and pointless just because you've heard it a lot is a path to ignorance.
Ah how I agree with you. Thank you for making more sense than I do.

The way I had written that argument in my original post (using only the best of grammar, "bible sucks etc") was meant to express that the argument proves nothing of your intelligence or your point when you're just playing broken telephone and screaming on an internet forum about it. It's not the argument that isn't valid, it's the way people repeat it and never bother to check if they've got their stuff right.

And I didn't say you'd have to read the book cover to cover (I haven't), but at least one could try to find and quote the passages that support their arguments, so that people could make their own perceptions. That'd give the argument ground, and make it actually arguable. And it's good manners IMO.

I guess I'm atheist unless/until given reason to turn agnostic. So maybe agnostic is closer in the end.
cybernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #4458
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,862
Just going to leave these here without comment because I hate the Internet today.







Edit -


Last edited by The Hag : 11-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #4459
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger
 
Sybren117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,894
I believe my explanation planted me pretty firmly in the top right box.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #4460
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
I am so glad Boyfriend and I aren't wishywashy and pushy. Boyfriend believes in the Christian god. I believe in no god. He is sure of his god. I am sure of no god.

We got this all figured out.

Respectively that is.



Team Grumpy Cat, yo.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #4461
cybernova
Registered User
 
cybernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
That superiority strip is too true.

Sure, I try (and fail) to not look like an absolute idiot whenever I argue a point, but I don't do it to seem above others because frankly, I'm not.
cybernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #4462
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,050
Wait...it's Thursday.

I am god.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #4463
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,811
Emmers, if Sam is in in charge today, it might be best to believe for just a little while.

With Sam having a bad day, who knows what sort of chaos will ensue?
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • Rose Lalonde "Glow" Tier (Homestuck): 95% (Detailing) Otakon 2014
  • Fancy Mewtwo Gijinka (Cowslip Gijinka): 3% (Planning) Otakon 2014
  • Secret Cosplay (???): 1% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) MAGfest 2015

DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #4464
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Wait...it's Thursday.

I am god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
With Sam having a bad day, who knows what sort of chaos will ensue?
Well don't expect me to sacrifice a goat to appease him.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #4465
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Wait...it's Thursday.

I am god.
I BRING YOU OFFERINGS OF BEER!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #4466
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
I will make JoJo a MLP statue made of Nutella.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #4467
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger
 
Sybren117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,894
I don't need SV. Jesus is my friend.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #4468
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
People gettin' their pantsu in a twist whenever they see the word 'abortion' and don't know that it doesn't just mean a medical procedure.

A 'spontaneous abortion' is a medical term for a miscarriage. Along with about 5 other phrases with the word 'abortion' in them. They're goddamn medical terms you rube.

Get outta my face.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #4469
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I am so glad Boyfriend and I aren't wishywashy and pushy. Boyfriend believes in the Christian god. I believe in no god. He is sure of his god. I am sure of no god.
Excuse me, but are you saying that if you aren't sure of God, you're wishy-washy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Oh man, can't be in a bad mood when that song is on.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #4470
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Excuse me, but are you saying that if you aren't sure of God, you're wishy-washy?
That is not at all what I meant and I was not referring to the kind of belief an individual had, apologies if it came across that way.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.