Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #4516
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Guess who's family is already being a buncha twats?
Mine?
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #4517
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Mine?
I was going for mine... but I suppose it's universal for families during this time of year.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #4518
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I was going for mine... but I suppose it's universal for families during this time of year.
I just wish people had a mute button. Also, I may have to stand thru dinner.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #4519
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

i know what you mean, my fmaily will get into an uproar around the holidays. when my cousins go watch tv or play viedo games in another room aross the house the adults come tell us to turn the voulme down. even if they are louder than us. and my family is not even drunk when they make this uproar.
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #4520
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Saw Crystal Castles last night, so many feels. And I'm not talking about wah wah I love you feels.

The show was dedicated to a fan called Connor who had been in contact with the band frequently, they actually called him on his birthday and sent him a micro synthesizer and they had planned for him to come to a show soon. Unfortunately he died of cancer only a few nights ago. They had candles and lilies and pictures of him on stage. I used to know the guy on tumblr, but because I've deleted my blog it was the first I had heard about it last night. Alice was genuinely upset and started crying at the end.

Unfortunately the audience at CC gigs are 99% cunts, and they couldn't give a shit. When they bought the candles and white lilies out these girls behind me were making joke about it being a love note from a creepy fan. Bitch, it's fucking candles and white lilies, obviously someone has died! She's on stage balling her eyes out and all you can say is "You're so fucking hot, spit in my mouth!" Fucking hate it, it was an amazing gig apart from that, I have so much respect for the band I thought the tribute was beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #4521
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Life with my friends right now:

Me: Hey dude, can I borrow your necklace for a photoshoot?
Friends: Dear God! Quinn's trying to steal my necklace! Can't she just get her own?!

Friend: Hey Quinn, can I borrow your red wig for a photoshoot?
Me: I have it styled exactly like I want it right now so I'd prefer if you didn't, sorry.
Friends: God, he's not gonna keep it forever, and we can restyle it! What's your problem?!

Me: My family that I only see thrice a year is in town, i don't think we can have that cosplay party tomorrow.
Friends: UGGGGHHHH this was your idea in the first place! We were all looking forward to it!
Me: I didn't know until this morning, sorry. Maybe we can have it next weekend?
Friends: OH DEAR GOD QUINN KEEPS PESTERING US TO HAVE THIS PARTY! UGGHH!

Me: Hey, you missed school today, I was worried. Are you coming back tomorrow? I was hoping to give you your birthday present?
Friends: Oh my god! She ignores me all day and she only talks to me when she wants to know if I'm coming back tomorrow! uggh she's so irritating!

Friends: could you please send me the pictures from last weekend?
Me: I'm really sorry, I've had a physics paper to write and I didn't get a chance to edit them. Can I bring them on wednesday?
Friend: No, you have to bring them tomorrow, my dad is angry that you keep putting off bringing them!
Me: You've been home sick all week, I'd hardly say I'm putting them off.
Friend: Well my dad thinks you're a liar now and he doesn't want me hanging out with liars.
Me: Fine *brings pictures the next day. Friend stays home sick again*

I just can't win, and I can do no right, and it makes me not want to do anything nice for them.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #4522
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quinn you need new friends.
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #4523
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

That's what I'm starting to think, unfortunately :/
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #4524
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Seriously they sound like a bunch of twats every time you post
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #4525
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, I'm getting pisssed at my KEYS caseworker/whatever the heck she is. I got my current job with their trial pprogram (you work for the place but you're paid through KEYS for the trial period, then if the employer likes you enough you get formally hired)... and she has completely left me in the fucking dark. I got emailed and called today asking about if I've signed a time sheet (Uh, no, she never even mentioned it) for my pay, that soon I need to apply for the job formally to get properly hired by them when my trial's up (again, NEVER told about that), she extended my trial period from two to four weeks for absolutely no reason or my consent, and to top it all off I have to figure out how the fuck I'm supposed to put this on my ODSP form at the end of the month, and my caseworker's on paternity leave so not much help there.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #4526
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Trying to upload a video on Facebook, and freaking copyright issues!!! It's going to be for friends only anyways!!!!! Worked so hard to edit everything too
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #4527
Akahime
Red Princess

dx7879 ^ 0,o I didn't realize Facebook even had copyright issues (then again, I really don't upload videos on my fb).

On another related topic of my little rant: goooshhhh, some people can be such cruel trolls. :/ I mean, really. My friend has really large eyes in real life (sooo jelly) and the contacts she gets for cosplay makes her pupils look so much larger. So my friend uploads her cosplay picture to show off her new camera and see how it looks and stuff, for some reason, this person comments that she is a whore because she photoshopped her eyes bigger? :/ Really. Seriously? Some people are just ... fing stupid and just don't right bullies. :/ But luckily she didn't take it to offense and stood up for herself tastefully.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #4528
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I imagine it was someone being jelly-face over liking her costume or thinking she was pretty and got upset. It's not just a cliche that people pick on others because of jealousy.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #4529
Akahime
Red Princess

That's the weird thing. Pretty sure the person was a guy because of his deviantart page has pictures of his feet. UHHHHH. Not too sure how to feel about that. But apparently the person is indeed a troll who just goes and harasses people and their photography/art according to the comments on his/her page. Not worth even to bother more than a couple of seconds after we defend for ourselves really. Rather he or she was really jealous or just really thought the picture was photoshopped, it was uncalled for for him to swear, which he did twice. 'whore' and 'bitch'. Like seriously, grow up. :/

Soooo many problems tonight. I will just go ahead and rant about this one too because I haven't truly let it off my chest yet. Hahaha. >>;; (So sorry for the long post that yall about to see, don't worry about reading it, I just needed to write it down!)

On FB, I have this ... uh, let's just say friend... and he is a close friend of my cousin that I'm more or less close to. He and I only met once for like thirty minutes during the Hmong New Years event (always held in a very large place next to the Excel Energy Center, anyways, just a HUGE event). A year around, we had a short conversation there, he then later on adds me as his FB friend the next day or later that night. We haven't talked since. One year later, he starts talking to me because it's that time of the year again. Our Hmong New Year was coming close and it was time to celebrate. He wants to know what if I'm going this year. I told him that I was. Then when it was confirmed, our conversation got really weird. He first asked about life advice, probably for his friend or something. And I told him how it is, conversation is normal. And then suddenly he talks about Kyoto. I go 'eh'? And he thinks I don't know what it is. I just was confused where it came from and how it got there (because people he was JUST talking about wanting to stimulate a situation where a girl friendzones a guy). Our conversation, or his, was all over the place and quickly he called me a dumbass for not knowing what Kyoto was. OBVIOUSLY I knew the city Kyoto and its history, blah blah. He did say later he was just kidding. WHICH I only forgave because I thought I would go ahead and tolerate it for now, thinking it wouldn't happen again. BUT later on, I thought to myself, IS THIS HOW A NORMAL HUMAN BEING TALKS TO ANOTHER EVEN THOUGH THEY JUST TALKED/BARELY KNOW EACH OTHER?! I mean, even if it was a joke, that was totally uncalled for. :/

So days later. I went to the New Years event and he writes in our FB chat when I am online. He instantly wrote to me that I was a 'liar' and that I wasn't at the new years. CLEARLY my FB page had photos of me tagged at the event. AND then he goes to saying that for lying, I should give him my phone call and let him call me. ?!!!!!! LIKE WHAT THE HELL?!!!!!!

It wasn't even a good few minutes later that I realized couldn't tolerate this guy any longer just because he was a friend of my cousin's. :/ There were so much more details that I'm leaving out, BUT he was just overall creepy and pushy. Like, is that how you talk to a person you barely met and talked to? I know he was trying to be friendly and all 'joking'.... BUT I barely know the guy! Even if I'm a friendly person, I'm a shy friendly person. I don't go being all 'best buds' with strangers! D:< Like seriously, he even said I was his good friend and I was all, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUUUUU!!!! D;

I really don't think he was a horrible guy. He just really took the wrong approach with the wrong girl. I just really didn't like it. According to him, he talks to a lot of girls (it was somewhere in the conversation of our 'last moments' together) and that I got the wrong person because I was confronting about him being 'creepy' and the fact that he called me a 'dumbass' via joke. He claimed he didn't even call me that and I was going to screenshot it for him since it wasn't that far into our history chat (yeah, we really didn't chat ALL that much). BUT I realized ... 'WHY do I have to prove myself?' It wasn't even that far in our history chat! He was lazy to go and do it himself!

I know people have their own definitions of a creepier or the things that people do that that could be a 'creeper', but I just didn't feel comfortable with this guy talking to me... at all. I didn't think it would have been a good choice to stick around and see what else he had to say or try to make me do and even feel. SO I told him straight up that I was going to unfriend him because he really was just creepy for the reasons I already stated (which he obviously ignored) and blocked him so I wouldn't receive messages from him because it was already getting close to an argument. WHICH I would hate to go to because I don't like drama. :/ Just standing up for myself I don't do. I couldn't stop shaking due to fear and nervousness because I haven't stood up for myself in a long while.

ANYWAYS. I just had to say it here because I don't know. Am I crazy? Did I overact?! All I know was that I didn't really like how he treated me.

Ranting done. 83
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #4530
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
ANYWAYS. I just had to say it here because I don't know. Am I crazy? Did I overact?! All I know was that I didn't really like how he treated me.

Ranting done. 83
First I want to say that the event sounds like it was a lot of fun! I've never heard of a New Years event going on like that, bet you had loads of fun.

Secondly, you are never crazy or overreacting when someone makes you uncomfortable or you don't like how you are being treated. EVER. It doesn't matter if it's a stranger, a close friend, a significant other, or family. If you ever feel disrespected or uncomfortable you are never ever 'crazy' or overreacting or 'wrong'. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

This guy is a creep who wanted to get some kind of relationship with you and fell into the category of thinking that if you just emotionally abuse a girl she'll fall for you. Yes, that's a thing. This is a legit pick up 'game' that's passed around where guy's will insult women, make them feel awful and all of that because in their belief it will make a girl want to 'prove herself' to him and he'll get what he wants from her through degrading her.

I knew a guy some years ago who was pushy and rude in many similar ways. For example, for Christmas time he asked if we wanted to exchange gifts. I hardly knew him but said sure. He then proceeded to spend days sending me links to ebay auctions of these slinky revealing gaudy clubbing outfits and asking me if I wanted that. I told him that it wasn't my style and I don't dress that way but he'd keep sending me links to these clubbing dresses that barely covered the models ass and shoved half her boobs out of the top. I was getting less and less amused. But he ended up getting me something very thoughtful ( a wood easel with paints) and I was thinking maybe he was just feeling some pressure and was not acting within his real character so I was willing to put aside the previous transgressions after seeing he really put thought into something without his boner being involved.

Then he started showing up at the apartment I lived in with my mother. I wouldn't let him in. Would stand on the porch talking for a while before telling him I had to go. I told him that he can't come over without asking anymore and he asked me right then over an instant messenger program. I told him no, I am busy. He came anyway. Knocked and waited while I ignored him. He later came back online and asked why I didn't answer. That's disrespecting me to a whole new level I did not accept. I tell you NO, I tell you to leave me alone and you completely ignore my wishes? Not acceptable. It's not 'cute'.

Shortly before the final time I spoke with him he sent me one of those cheesy online IQ tests and told me the he bets his score is higher then mine.

Excuse me?
How about no.

He was reacting like a cornered animal because he realized his 'passes' at me where going no where fast and I was getting more and more agitated with him. He figured out that getting me a gift didn't get him ME and he reacted angrily wanting me to 'prove' myself for him.

The guy you where speaking with is a sleaze just like the guy I mentioned above.

You aren't crazy or overreacting. If someone, male or female, makes you feel uncomfortable and mistreated you are never wrong in feeling that way.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote