Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #4546
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Don't worry about it ^^ I am happy for you that the guy is gone now and you don't have to deal with him.

It sounds like he just didn't like you turning him down and handled the situation very poorly. You don't need to worry about guy's like that anyway :P

Sometimes our families and friends teach us things that might not always be right because it's the only way they know how to handle a bad situation. If you are happy and feel safe that's all that matters!
Thank you. Hahaha.

I see. That's an interesting way to see it. BUT still it obviously wasn't the way you treat a person in general. :/ SO YES, I'm glad he's out of my life. HAHAHA. Good things so far have been happening to me since this day. So it's all good now. Haha.

Thank you again. 8')

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Whenever something goes wrong, it's my fault.
When you live with someone who is obsessed with cleaning and they don't Look before they throw things away, guess what happens? You lose lottery tickets that could be worth money. Now I get to dig through the trash. Damn it all. I do not want to dig through anything because you didn't check the damn things before you tossed the good ones instead of the bad ones!
Yeah..you're family...yeah...I have to like you...but...you're getting on my nerves.
You want to hire someone to do something? Let them do their job, don't do it for them before they even get to the house.
You want me to be more independent...then stop shooting down all my plans to go see friends and get things done.
Oh yeah, and, that thing you call "encouragement"? Degrading and telling someone everything that they did wrong and how they do nothing right? That's not helping.
Ugh.
Ahhhh. Family. Sometimes there are days when I feel like I can hate them too (and I don't use hate very often). And like you said, with family, you gotta love them too. It's really frustrating sometimes. My siblings and I are mostly cool with each other. My parents who are really traditional are people I really argue with (at least once a day). Sometimes they just don't know that they are bringing you down because they are caught up with what they think is 'right' or whatever it is that makes them say the things they do. But in reality, it all just hurts. I mean, I get called mean names and worst I think I can think of was when my mom said that 'I was worst than a dog/b-word'. :/ Uhh, seriously? Thanks. And I know how much she hates animals (dogs and cats especially). And then also added that since I was worst than a dog, I pretty much shouldn't even live. UHHH. Thanks for the encouragement for me to think even more about suicide (now I don't, before I used to a lot).

Sometimes it gets better. Sometimes there are things that just trigger it all. I just pray everything will just get better in time. Nothing ever will settle the feeling of fear if the days would ever get better I think. At least for me. :/
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?, Bambi/MC (Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story)

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #4547
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Need to murder friend!!! He has owed me $88 since October, and I probably won't get it back until around Christmas time :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #4548
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Dear group of girls in my class, cutting is not funny. It is a crippling addiction, and making jokes about people who cut themselves or do any sort of self-harm is NOT funny.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #4549
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Dear group of girls in my class, cutting is not funny. It is a crippling addiction, and making jokes about people who cut themselves or do any sort of self-harm is NOT funny.
That's when you look them deadpan and say calmly "I don't get it" and then they realize they'll have to explain suicide and self harm is hilarious while you get to watch them squirm.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #4550
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
That's when you look them deadpan and say calmly "I don't get it" and then they realize they'll have to explain suicide and self harm is hilarious while you get to watch them squirm.
That is a brilliant idea. .___. I am doing this tomorrow.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #4551
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
That is a brilliant idea. .___. I am doing this tomorrow.
The important thing to remember is that when someone is saying something offensive as a joke you can't tell them 'that's not funny' because they think you are just a spoil sport and you're too sensitive. So they'll figure someone 'better' will see their genius.

Flatly telling them 'I don't get it' means they then are put on the spot to explain WHY suicide jokes are super hilarious.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #4552
Akahime
Red Princess

Yes, that'll definitely be a better idea and puts them in their place. Or at least will get them flustered. :/ Definitely not funny. I wouldn't get the joke either way and don't get how that would be a funny joke. My little sister used to do it for many years and only recently stopped. I still check often for any new ones because she can be really emotional unstable sometimes.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?, Bambi/MC (Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story)

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #4553
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
The important thing to remember is that when someone is saying something offensive as a joke you can't tell them 'that's not funny' because they think you are just a spoil sport and you're too sensitive. So they'll figure someone 'better' will see their genius.

Flatly telling them 'I don't get it' means they then are put on the spot to explain WHY suicide jokes are super hilarious.
Very true. I'm curious to see how they would even respond.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of things that grind my gears, I find the amount of bullying and intolerance at my school quite alarming considering it's a Christian school. No wonder a good portion of non-Christian society thinks we're nothing but babbling hypocrites.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #4554
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

Oh, and while we're on the topic of things that grind my gears, I find the amount of bullying and intolerance at my school quite alarming considering it's a Christian school. No wonder a good portion of non-Christian society thinks we're nothing but babbling hypocrites.
They do it to be rebellious and cool/edgy, I know I went to one too.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #4555
Akahime
Red Princess

Oh gosh, I know not all Christians are hypocrites/insert mean name here, but there are just a certain number of them that just makes me want to bang my head on the wall at least a hundred times to not jump on them. You know, where the sign would say 'bang your head here' or something for some kind of stress/anger management. Hahaha.

Unread 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #4556
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:

From what I've heard, special education schools are full of bullying. You'd think everyone would get along because they all have something in common, but the factions of special needs all hate each other. And even within the cliques there's strife. For example, I have mild Asperger's syndrome, so I'd be in the Asperger's/austitic clique, but because my condition is mild, I'd actually be a bit shunned by the others because I'm not a "true" Aspie.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #4557
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
From what I've heard, special education schools are full of bullying. You'd think everyone would get along because they all have something in common, but the factions of special needs all hate each other. And even within the cliques there's strife. For example, I have mild Asperger's syndrome, so I'd be in the Asperger's/austitic clique, but because my condition is mild, I'd actually be a bit shunned by the others because I'm not a "true" Aspie.
That's awful... ;A; I guess no group of people is safe from things like bullying.

Oh, and to the person who posted earlier (I think it was Blondie, I forgot to quote your post. XD), you're probably right. A lot of the people at my school have been going there since Pre-K or Kindergarten, so some of them think they're being so edgy and rebellious by being rude and bullying others. Thankfully these people are a minority at my school, but they stand out in comparison to everyone else.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #4558
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
Yup, kids with disabilities can be douchebags just like everyone else.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #4559
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

As someone with Asperger's I can tell you, I often have bigger problems with other people with social/emotional disabilities than those who do not have them. In fact, I often see the higher functioning people insult lower functioning people for being "retarded." Just because they have a disability themselves, doesn't make this any less ableist. It's not just this, some of them are just plain jerks. They're high functioning enough to learn certain behaviors are bad and they shouldn't do them but rather use "I have (X disability)" as an excuse to behave however they want.

This is why I avoid the Asperger's community. I only use the students with disabilities office when there is some sort of issue arises. Even then I only converse with the employees and never the other students. Luckily, I haven't had too many issues arise in college.
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #4560
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Need to murder friend!!! He has owed me $88 since October, and I probably won't get it back until around Christmas time :/
you could ask him to pay it bit by bit so it wont be to much at once.