Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #4621
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
do you know her boyfriend is an asshole personally, or does she just say he is? if she is younger thats normal, but most people will only see listen to the girls side of the story. if the guys side of the story proves he is an asshole then she should dump him or at least find a way to work out thier problems.
Why is it normal for a young girl to be in an unhealthy relationship?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #4622
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Why is it normal for a young girl to be in an unhealthy relationship?
im not saying that exactly, from my own experince when a girlfriend is upset like that and is in the same situation she will call her bf an asshole, jerk or something of that nature.
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #4623
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
im not saying that exactly, from my own experince when a girlfriend is upset like that and is in the same situation she will call her bf an asshole, jerk or something of that nature.
Bro, do not ever look at the relationship you have with your girlfriend as how other people's relationships should be.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #4624
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
yesterday i was playing DDR and in the middle of a really hard song and mom calls out from aother room "did you feed the cat?" even though she saw i was playing DDR when she walked by the room i was in.
I know this is the venting thread an all, but really? I see no problem with your mother thinking that the health of your pet is more important than whether or not you get a high score in a video game.
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #4625
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I know this is the venting thread an all, but really? I see no problem with your mother thinking that the health of your pet is more important than whether or not you get a high score in a video game.
if i could pause i would not mind, but she knew that i was in the middle of a song. plus i had already fed my cat earlier this morning.
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #4626
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Bro, do not ever look at the relationship you have with your girlfriend as how other people's relationships should be.
well, my gf calls me an asshole/jerk when shes mad at me/upset so i thought i could relate.
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #4627
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
if i could pause i would not mind, but she knew that i was in the middle of a song. plus i had already fed my cat earlier this morning.
I bet that if she knew that, she wouldn' have asked >_>
I know how frustrating it is to have your concentration broken when doing something challenging, but just for as minute consider the bigger picture. Your mom probably doesn't know how difficult your game is, or that you can't pause it. She just asked a question; didn't stand in front of the TV or unplug the system to get your attention, as some parents are known to do. And something that you'll have to learn as you become as adult is that games are a very low priority in life as a whole.
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #4628
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I bet that if she knew that, she wouldn' have asked >_>
I know how frustrating it is to have your concentration broken when doing something challenging, but just for as minute consider the bigger picture. Your mom probably doesn't know how difficult your game is, or that you can't pause it. She just asked a question; didn't stand in front of the TV or unplug the system to get your attention, as some parents are known to do. And something that you'll have to learn as you become as adult is that games are a very low priority in life as a whole.
the thing is my mom does not take the time to check/ look for something, she would rather have me do a chore or task at work twice with her watching. also she get majorly upset when shes watching tv or doing whatever she does on her computer and i come over to her to ask her something even if i wait till shes ready to listen.

but seriously im 21, i don't know why you have a problem with me but next time look before you leap.
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #4629
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

While I was walking home today, a group of guys followed me and were throwing rocks at my head and insulting me. This is happening daily. I can't wait to leave public school at the end of this month. For crying out loud, why do Juniors act like freshmen? Im pulling out and going to school online. I don't even know these people!
I have talked to "adults" but they never do anything and I am to weak to fight them and now it has gotten old. I am tired of them treating me like dirt.. I don't know why they do this to me! I hope I can survive til the end of the month.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #4630
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
a group of guys followed me and were throwing rocks at my head and insulting me.
Personally, I devised ways to avoid contact with those people while I was in school --- I found out the hard way that adults do little for you in this case and that you either need to stand up for yourself, or find ways to make the antagonists' attention go elsewhere.

However, they rarely got physically violent with me --- not the case with you, so I don't know what your recourse is. You can end up with pretty lasting injuries from this, if you know the guys' names, you should report them at the very least and mention how threatening their behavior is.

You might end up in a situation where they'll stand around with their thumbs up their arse because you haven't got anything broken (I know the feeling), but at least you'll have tried.

And school is not eternal, thank god.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #4631
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Here's some information on where you can go to when the adults at your school are not helping.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #4632
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Thanks for your help. I just don't understand why they chose to mess with me..
Honestly, people can be such butts.
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #4633
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
I just don't understand why they chose to mess with me..
You might just look vulnerable to them and that's what assholes target.

Sadly, knowing the reason people have to harrass you rarely helps stop it
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #4634
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Do you have any ideas on how I can get their names? I have tried asking before and I get nowhere.
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #4635
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Do you have any ideas on how I can get their names? I have tried asking before and I get nowhere.
Unless you have someone you know you can trust to ask, better not go on a wild goose chase.

You don't recognize any of the faces in the group? Someone from a class you attend(ed) --- a friend-of-a-friend who looked at you strangely at one point?

At one time in college, two dudes pulled up next to me and the dude in the passenger seat screamed obscenities at me for no specific purpose. He kept chaining them together and loudly, didn't see the driver. I ignoring him for a while, then muttered that he could piss off --- he heard me, the driver pulled back and the passenger screamed some more asking what I had just said.

Eventually they drove off, but I saw a chick sitting in the back giggling that I recognized as someone I briefly crossed paths with that was a friend-of-a-friend. I barely ever exchanged a few words with her and assumed she had asked her two gorillas to give me a hard time. (Women can do that --- and whoever thinks this is sexist of me can go back in time and put themselves in my shoes, then piss off).

Anonymity protects douchebags not just on the internet, without a name, or appearance to go with --- you have little recourse. And if they don't physically injure you, authorities will have to weight if you're not just crying wolf. Even then, they can't protect you 24/7 at school and the folks hassling you can and *will* find times when you're not under watch.

If you can't find an authority figure to point at specific people who are hassling you, my advice stays the same. Anti-bullies groups can offer comfort, but their efficacy is dubious at best unless the crime is serious (You benefit from being a woman in this though --- my experience as a guy has been that I apparently couldn't be considered as bullied as a white male. I am not even kidding.)

Take note of the areas where they prey on you, avoid those. Alter your pathway out of the school to either pass by high-populated areas, or take side-paths where you never see the bullies in question. Pay attention to details, faces, names if you see them again --- my experience is that repeat offenders know you in some way and there's a link between them and you.

Once you're done with school, you don't have to deal with bullies anymore.

I can confirm you that from first hand experience. As soon as I left High School, none of the crowd who was after me appeared again. Once I left college, the same thing happened.