Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #4666
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Installed a mod but never actually ran Skyrim, did a little more research, decided to not use it, turn it off, uninstall.

Skyrim won't load anymore, I have to fresh install it.

The guy who made the mod is just like "yeah just delete these three files, super easy, no problems at all"

FUCK YOU TWAT WAFFLE.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #4667
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Nope. When I went through another sad-sack phase last year I saw a psychologist for 6 months, but that went nowhere fast so I stopped seeing her. I don't know if it's worth looking into, because when I get really upset it lasts for about a month and then just kind of... evaporates, and then I end up feeling inexplicably happy for a couple days before I go back to normal. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that qualifies as anything abnormal though.
I think it's absolutely worth an evaluation for depression or bipolar disorder, if you are able to go to a doctor. Clinical depression can manifest in a lot of different ways, but if you are really feeling low for no reason for longer periods of time, that's a sign you should get help. If you are seeking treatment, try not to get discouraged: sometimes it takes a while to find what sort of therapy works best for you. You may have to go through a couple of psychologists until you find one that you click with, or if you want to try medication, you may have to adjust your med types and/or dosages for some time before you start seeing results. It can be really frustrating, but once it starts working, your life will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
For me I've had issues with anxiety and depression since I was a lot younger then most people even get diagnosed (lucky Emmers) and when I figured out what depression and anxiety was the way I lived my life made sense and I understood why I was like I am. Sometimes I can go months feeling sorry for myself and like a lump of shit on a stick for no real reason or triggered by stressful situations. Sometimes I can go YEARS feeling pretty good. Depression isn't always a solid state of mopeyness. Sometimes there are good days and sometimes not so good days.
I've lived with depression pretty much as long as I can remember, but I was in my early 20's when I was diagnosed. That's a long time to have to live that way. It's really pretty recently that depression has started to be better understood and treated more effectively; it wasn't really talked about when I was little. I'm glad I found effective therapy and have learned to handle it pretty much on my own in most normal situations, but sometimes I wish I hadn't had so much of my childhood colored by that disease, that it had been treated much sooner.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #4668
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have to agree with Penny again. She's good at being someone you agree with a lot.

When I was little my family saw my behavior as 'quirky' and it was encouraged. For example, my mother saw my independence from other children as a sign I was more intelligent then they where because to her as long as I seemed to hold friendships I was okay. She didn't really think about the signs of me being withdrawn from others and very shy as being something to have concern about. When I was little me being extremely painfully shy was viewed as 'charming', not that this is something to be concerned about. I didn't even speak until I was 3 years old but I already knew how to at the same level a regularly developed 3 year old would. I just didn't have the desire to speak. To my mom this is another 'charming quirk' of my personality. Not something to show concern over.

And while she may be right that individually these traits may not have been a sign of anything 'wrong', when compiled together starting at a VERY young age and growing more and more severe as I got older it should have been something taken more seriously.

Honestly to this day I don't think she believes that I have depression and anxiety because to her if I 'got over it' for a while it means it's gone. She grew up in a time when Depression was something war vets developed and it was understandable but not something a 6 year old has. To her the only little kids who have depression are abused kids and because I wasn't abused I wasn't depressed.

So I just grew up always aware that I wasn't quite like everyone else, that I always felt distanced from even 'close' friends and people where not like me. I was acutely aware of this from a very young age but always thought it was just my personality because no one ever told me different. I wish that more awareness had been brought up when I was little but I know deep down my mother would never have let anyone tell her that I was anything but an adorably shy charming smart little girl. Which is why I think she's so in denial over it.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #4669
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

The girl next to me on the cross campus bus is blind and is using something on her phone that reads stuff to her and she has it quiet, but it's so quiet I can barely hear it. Which I know is her goal so she doesn't disturb anyone else on the bus but it's driving me INSANE. I hate barely audible voices. And it's a full bus so I cannot escape.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #4670
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
The girl next to me on the cross campus bus is blind and is using something on her phone that reads stuff to her and she has it quiet, but it's so quiet I can barely hear it. Which I know is her goal so she doesn't disturb anyone else on the bus but it's driving me INSANE. I hate barely audible voices. And it's a full bus so I cannot escape.
Eh. Not much to really do I suppose. You could politely let her know she can turn up the volume but you might end up getting everyone else pissed....

At least you're understanding of the situation.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #4671
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think the issue is the bus is bizarrely quiet. If it was just a bit noisier I wouldn't hear it all. Id just throw my head phones in but they're buried in my bag and I can't get to them.

It's not her fault. I feel bad feeling annoyed.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #4672
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I don't have depression, but I lived with undiagnosed Asperger's Syndrome for almost fifteen years. My parents undeerstood nothing and my Mom still doesn't believe it really exists, obviously my attempt at having a social life at most parts of my life failed utterly and because I both behaved so oddly and had no official reason why I did so, I was bullied incessantly for most years of school. My teachers were also little help in most cases, and I hated every fucking school therapist I got sent to before I was in high school because NONE of them ever thought I could have a motherfucking autism spectrum disorder. Hell, one "youth worker" I had to suffer with for four years was just flat-out rude and never ever had a kind thing to say. Seriously; I was sent for some reason to her "activity" room one time, asked to use the computer to type a story...I couldn't figure out how to get the program to properly write what I was trying to, so started doing something else since she was too busy to give any help. She comes over a minute later and pretty well yells "That's not what you were given permission to do! Get out because you won't listen!" Seriously? You treat the SPECIAL NEEDS students like that? That's hardly even acceptable for a normal kid.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #4673
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I think the issue is the bus is bizarrely quiet. If it was just a bit noisier I wouldn't hear it all. Id just throw my head phones in but they're buried in my bag and I can't get to them.

It's not her fault. I feel bad feeling annoyed.
Naw don't feel bad. You're not being an ass or saying you HATE her for it. It's just an annoying sound.

It's annoying when a baby cries on a bus but your not a bad person for thinking it's annoying. You're a bad person for going online and writing an enormous blog entry about how awful children are and mothers should 'keep their legs closed' just so you don't ever have to experience an unpleasant sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I don't have depression, but I lived with undiagnosed Asperger's Syndrome for almost fifteen years. My parents undeerstood nothing and my Mom still doesn't believe it really exists, obviously my attempt at having a social life at most parts of my life failed utterly and because I both behaved so oddly and had no official reason why I did so, I was bullied incessantly for most years of school. My teachers were also little help in most cases, and I hated every fucking school therapist I got sent to before I was in high school because NONE of them ever thought I could have a motherfucking autism spectrum disorder. Hell, one "youth worker" I had to suffer with for four years was just flat-out rude and never ever had a kind thing to say. Seriously; I was sent for some reason to her "activity" room one time, asked to use the computer to type a story...I couldn't figure out how to get the program to properly write what I was trying to, so started doing something else since she was too busy to give any help. She comes over a minute later and pretty well yells "That's not what you were given permission to do! Get out because you won't listen!" Seriously? You treat the SPECIAL NEEDS students like that? That's hardly even acceptable for a normal kid.
Strangely enough I think my old shitty psychologist was hinting at me displaying signs of Autism but I think she was just grabbing at shit to diagnose or something :\ I am clumsy and have poor motor skills with simple tasks at times like reaching to set something on the counter and missing the ledge entirely, then repeating this attempt again and doing the same thing. I tend to trip and bump into things a lot.

That coupled with my struggles to be social and gain long-lasting meaningful relationships seemed to be what she was basing her opinion on.

Again, I don't think she was right.

Mental illness sure is swell.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #4674
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Maybe I should throw myself a birthday party on the forums...(however that'd work) ;~;
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #4675
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

The motor skills thing is a bit odd, at least for me. I had exceptional fine motor skills for stuff like drawing as a kid, but otherwise I was quite clumsy. I also have essentially this lack of spatial awareness- I hardly walk in a straight line and I ALWAYS whack something on the doorway/door or the side of a wall if I'm not really thinking about it while I walk by. As a result too I was cringeworthy-bad at all sports and I'm still crappy at most forms of physical activity (back then I didn't really comprehend instructions on how to move and never put in maximum effort. That changed a fair bit in my teens but I was still clumsy, hated team sports and in general was not an exercise person).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #4676
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

One of my friends is kind of an awful person. He's telling me how he's going to try and get back a girl that he went out with about 3 times, who has been with her boyfriend for almost a year now. He should learn to just let people be happy and not try and think of himself :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #4677
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
One of my friends is kind of an awful person. He's telling me how he's going to try and get back a girl that he went out with about 3 times, who has been with her boyfriend for almost a year now. He should learn to just let people be happy and not try and think of himself :/
Your friend is a selfish asshole.

Remind him that he is not owed someones affection, or body, by merit of him simply wanting it.

You can even use my words too;

"Friend you are not owed a woman's affection or her body by merit of you simply wanting it."
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #4678
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
One of my friends is kind of an awful person.
Well, I remember you being pretty awful as well XD
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #4679
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Well, I remember you being pretty awful as well XD
Lol, the teasing a friend thing or something else? That may actually turn out decent
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #4680
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Your friend is a selfish asshole.

Remind him that he is not owed someones affection, or body, by merit of him simply wanting it.

You can even use my words too;

"Friend you are not owed a woman's affection or her body by merit of you simply wanting it."
You may not like it, but it's the woman's decision, isn't it? If she chooses dx7879's friend, who is at fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote