Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #4681
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I can't stand people who find it amusing to make fun of gays and suicide. Even simply calling something that you find ridiculous or silly "gay" is seriously offensive to me. Same with making jokes about suicide. It isn't even slightly amusing. Its sick and wrong.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #4682
Akahime
Red Princess

^ Girl, I feel the same way.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #4683
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

My coworkers keep trying to talk me into taking fabric off their hands today. WHY CAN'T I SAY NO TO FREE FABRIC??? I already have enough at home to last me for years T_T
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #4684
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
My coworkers keep trying to talk me into taking fabric off their hands today. WHY CAN'T I SAY NO TO FREE FABRIC??? I already have enough at home to last me for years T_T
I don't have any that would last me that long so.... you're super lucky! D: ALL I have that would last me at least twenty years (because my mom also sews) is thread. ALL OF THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW ... and more. >>;; Which is awesome and helpful, but still. I personally don't think I would get enough of having too much fabric. ... UNLESS you are running out of space. o,O
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Unread 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #4685
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
I don't have any that would last me that long so.... you're super lucky! D: ALL I have that would last me at least twenty years (because my mom also sews) is thread. ALL OF THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW ... and more. >>;; Which is awesome and helpful, but still. I personally don't think I would get enough of having too much fabric. ... UNLESS you are running out of space. o,O
Yep, it's a space thing. When I moved in the spring, I counted at least a dozen boxes of just fabric. Also a little concerned about smells/mould/dirt on the bigger pieces that I can't fit into ziplock bags. And permanent creasing on the more delicate/specialty stuff.

I try really hard to only collect things which I will actually use.
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #4686
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Yep, it's a space thing. When I moved in the spring, I counted at least a dozen boxes of just fabric. Also a little concerned about smells/mould/dirt on the bigger pieces that I can't fit into ziplock bags. And permanent creasing on the more delicate/specialty stuff.

I try really hard to only collect things which I will actually use.
D: Ah! I see! Then that would really suck! Oh, the creasing/wrinkling! I have that same problem right now becuase I have plenty of leftovers from other cosplay projects I was doing. And I'm try sooo hard to keep them from creasing or anything too!

Have you thought about selling the fabrics that you know/think you won't ever be using? Might be a good idea.

Unread 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #4687
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
D: Ah! I see! Then that would really suck! Oh, the creasing/wrinkling! I have that same problem right now becuase I have plenty of leftovers from other cosplay projects I was doing. And I'm try sooo hard to keep them from creasing or anything too!

Have you thought about selling the fabrics that you know/think you won't ever be using? Might be a good idea.
the funny thing is when my gf last visted me she made her cosplay with my help and she had some leftover fabric. so when she left i used that remaining fabric to make something to remember her by for those times i really miss her.
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #4688
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I work at a bank, and work was interesting today...Was off yesterday, and walked in to a whole pile of mess. Something that was very minor work error done by one of the tellers got made into a worse situation by the senior teller the day before. I easily found the main reason why the problem happened, after the teller called in about it this morning. The senior teller, manager and one of the personal banker were focused on something else that they thought was the actual problem though, even though I mentioned it to my manager. That made me think what I found was actually not what the problem was since they didn't mention anything about it until about 2 hours later :/

What annoys me though, is that the senior teller is suppose to take charge of the other tellers, but she is just unsure about everything all the time, and just lacks confidence. Due to the problem this morning, after about 30 minutes of trying to figure it out, she got too stressed, had a headache, and ended up sitting in the break room (while on the clock) for about 4 hours until she went home early. Not only that, but now it looks like she won't come in tomorrow for work either due to this. Also her trying to "figure out" the problem was mostly her just staring at the computer screen.

Once the teller who made the error came in and talked to me more about it, I easily understood the full story. Even when she called me in the morning to explain it to me I understood what she did. What actually happened was the senior teller reversed all the transactions after the turnover time yesterday to try and correct the main problem, but made it sooooo much worse by doing that. What should have been about a 1 minute fix was not fixed by the time I left work at 4pm :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #4689
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

So, next Saturday is my 25th birthday and as previously mentioned (and sorry for mentioning it again) I've never had a birthday party or eaten a cake or gotten presents from my friends. I mean I mentioned it to them early November, and brought it up every now and then (not that I enjoy doing so). but I was really hoping that my friends would indeed plan me a party, and as much as I would like to be hopeful about next weekend, I can't. I didn't like having to ask for my won party (or even a cake and presents) for that matter, but being able to experience it just once is important to me (don't ask why...because I'm not entirely sure).

For the past almost two years, I've planned everyone else' birthday parties and cook outs and other shindigs and gatherings and so on - and spend a lot of time doing so or picking out gifts and what not. And, although I never expected the returned favor, it just feels like I'm unimportant to everyone, because it's my birthday and that no one cares (and they probably don't).

I really don't want to continue rambling and raging about it, so there (but I might bring this up again by next Monday).
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #4690
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post

For the past almost two years, I've planned everyone else' birthday parties and cook outs and other shindigs and gatherings and so on - and spend a lot of time doing so or picking out gifts and what not. And, although I never expected the returned favor, it just feels like I'm unimportant to everyone, because it's my birthday and that no one cares (and they probably don't).
Your problem is that the people you are friends with are not being a 'reciprocal friend'. That means that they do not put in the same effort as you do and may mooch off your kindness. If you repeatedly find yourself being on the giving end with your friends consistently staying on the taking end it may be time to invest your efforts into people who are reciprocal and invest equal effort into you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #4691
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Not to mention I've done favors and made cosplays for them too. Last Katsucon, I was up 30+ hours straight working on their costume/s and even spent some time in the hotel room. I didn't even get my own done -_-; I was so sleep deprived, I think I spent more time trying to sleep then trying to enjoy the con ( on top of personal drama between a couple of other friends).
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #4692
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Dammit. I lost out on a copy ot The cruxshadows' new cd on ebay. Had I won it, it would have been autographed by the band >_<

Oh and I finally decided to unfriend the last of my 9/11 truther friends on facebook. My eyes have been open for LONG ENOUGH! Now I can start to go back to sleep because I don't care anymore.
C0rvu51nku8a3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #4693
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

@MaiSheri & Akahime: Y'all should invest in Space Bags. They would solve all the problems you have with the wrinkling and storage. You just put your stuff in, close the bag, and vacuum out the air.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #4694
Allyieh
Volunteer (Fire Starter)

I literally think I'm spending 200$ on christmas presents I am giving myself this year. Not even my friend's gifts, but things I'm buying and wrapping for myself.
45$ for the Starkid dvd box-set, 45$ for Cards Against Humanity
and now I'm buying myself YGOTAS shirts for like $50, plus the GISHWHES book for 28$ and shirt for 16$
Oh and my AnimeNEXT badge before prices raise for New Years.
x.x must... find... another... job...
Sim | The Sims
(Censored) Sim | The Sims
AnimeNEXT 2014
Petra Ral | Attack On Titan
(Post Pieta/Battle of the North Arc) Clare | Claymore
Amelia Pond | Doctor Who
(Censored) Sim | The Sims

Other Cosplays
Candy | Holy Musical B@man
Stephanie | Lazy Town
Allyieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #4695
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
@MaiSheri & Akahime: Y'all should invest in Space Bags. They would solve all the problems you have with the wrinkling and storage. You just put your stuff in, close the bag, and vacuum out the air.
:0 Hmmm, never thought about that one. I think that would be a good investment. I shall seek them out. Thanks!