Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 109 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #4816
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
So! I have decided that I am done caring what other people think.
Congrats!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #4817
Mr Zero

"There's nowhere left to fall when you've reached the bottom"

That describes me right now...
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #4818
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Got screwed into a partial refund by a picky figure buyer yesterday. I didn't want to deal with the stress of a potential Paypal dispute so I just bartered him down to 20 bucks and threw it at him to make him go away. Ughhhh. In the end I only made enough profit to cover the original price of the figure almost two years ago (it doubled in value).

Lesson learned: never sell used animu figures to picky jerks who want the condition to be practically flawless. They WILL send you angry emails with photos of said errors and browbeat you into submission. Hoping to only sell to locals from now on.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #4819
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
To be fair, no one ever asks me for money.

It's also good to have a lawyer's business card, they don't actually have to be your lawyer, but you'd be surprised how much you can intimidate someone with that little piece of paper.
People ask on the corners here all the time! Mainly at Commissioners and uh, Wellington and up near Fanshawe.... and then there's the guy downtown....

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #4820
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Got screwed into a partial refund by a picky figure buyer yesterday. I didn't want to deal with the stress of a potential Paypal dispute so I just bartered him down to 20 bucks and threw it at him to make him go away. Ughhhh. In the end I only made enough profit to cover the original price of the figure almost two years ago (it doubled in value).

Lesson learned: never sell used animu figures to picky jerks who want the condition to be practically flawless. They WILL send you angry emails with photos of said errors and browbeat you into submission. Hoping to only sell to locals from now on.
Sell it as is. No refunds!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #4821
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post

I'm so paranoid about stuff like this when I've sold my used costumes. I will note every tiny flaw or mark from being worn so that people can't bitch about things that are wrong with it after it arrives. It makes my listings ridiculously long, but at least I worry a little less.
And I'm glad I've never gotten into the kind of collectibles that have market value :/
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #4822
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
People ask on the corners here all the time! Mainly at Commissioners and uh, Wellington and up near Fanshawe.... and then there's the guy downtown....
You imply there is ONE guy downtown asking for change, the best is that jack ass who says "well fuck you" when you say no. I got him back, I said no to him, and then donated all my change to a charity about 10 feet from him.

I wouldn't know Fanshawe as I never go there, well, I have no reason to go there, though there was that video game charity a few months back but I didn't go.

Also I think you mean Highbury.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 12-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #4823
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Every time I see somebody in those goddamned "Cool story babe, now make me a sandwich" shirts, I want to approach him, say "Oh cool, you think that's funny? Let me show you what I think is funny," and kick him in the balls. Of course it's always in a mall or store that I could get kicked out of for doing that. I guess I could not use violence and say that castrating is hilarious to me.

Not to mention sandwiches have got to be the lamest, most boring food ever. Even the really good ones are so lackluster compared to other foods.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #4824
jukebox
role models > supermodels

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
Every time I see somebody in those goddamned "Cool story babe, now make me a sandwich" shirts, I want to approach him, say "Oh cool, you think that's funny? Let me show you what I think is funny," and kick him in the balls. Of course it's always in a mall or store that I could get kicked out of for doing that. I guess I could not use violence and say that castrating is hilarious to me.

Not to mention sandwiches have got to be the lamest, most boring food ever. Even the really good ones are so lackluster compared to other foods.
Assault is rarely funny outside of actual slapstick performances IMO. But with people who think that sort of publicly-advertised misogyny is acceptable because it's "funny" or, god forbid they claim it's "ironic" or "satire", I usually whip out a line I learned from Russell Peters' stand-up routines: 'Woah, guy. You're never gonna find yourself a wife to beat with that attitude.'

It's effective because it uses their own sense of misogyny against them AND takes a pot-shot at their obvious loneliness!

also, what sandwiches have you been eating? There are some seriously brilliant ones out there. The Baked Potato Grilled Cheese sandwich? Root Beer-braised Pulled Pork on a pretzel bun? Fresh Brie, raw spinach and cucumbers on ciabatta? Work with me here!

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #4825
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Guns. Enough said.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #4826
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Guns. Enough said.
My opinion on the matter is not always shared. But here we go. In terms of discussing guns and gun control very often we only hear the side that is vehemently against them in anyway or the side that demands to be locked and loaded at all times.

I rest somewhere in the middle in that I feel owning a gun is a personal right dictated by the 'right to bear arms', that said I feel that our access to weaponry above and beyond anything that would be considered remotely reasonable for personal safety and sport/Hunting is a little absurd and our control laws should be reasonable in preventing the mentally unstable or those with violent histories from legally obtaining a gun.

I would like to see a gun control system in which those who apply have through backround checks that include not only previous crimes but if a history of violence or mental illness is present. That would mean excluding individuals who not only may have committed a crime (such as burglary) but those who have a history of violence such as domestic abuse and those with a mental illness that may cause impaired judgement such as bipolar disorder and manic depression.

I believe it's something I discussed once with The Hag (who is decidedly un-hag like) in which a form of penalties is in order for those who own a gun. Something similar to driving penalties in that for each infraction you lose more and more of your freedom to operate and own a gun, such as suspension from owning a weapon until X period is up. In very much the same way someone would temporarily lose their ability to drive if they where considered high-risk.

But all of that is probably a lot more then you where looking for in a gun discussion.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #4827
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
things I agree with!
I have pretty much the same opinion.

My Rant of the Day:

I have 8 hours the week of Christmas! 8! I'm not even working Christmas Eve! (Which is odd)
Several seasonal people are working 39 hours that week!
I think regular employees should take priority over seasonal as far as hours go.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #4828
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Guns. Enough said.
Making guns less accessible would resolve only part of the problem.

And whenever these things happen, no, not all kids are innocent simply due to being kids.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #4829
Yavarice
Skymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
And whenever these things happen, no, not all kids are innocent simply due to being kids.
We obviously don't have all the information but I'm not quite sure what you're implying here.

What really annoys me is the media frenzy that goes on after something this terrible happens. Reporters jamming microphones into children's faces right after they have gone through something so traumatic should be fired.
Then again I can understand they are doing so because the audience demands it.

Vid from 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #4830
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavarice View Post
We obviously don't have all the information but I'm not quite sure what you're implying here.
The bold part is all I'm implying.

The majority of folks commenting, don't have the information to speak about it --- don't know the causes of things and resharing the stories, the reposts of retouched pictures is not helping.

Neither is all the publicity and the blow-by-blow of every riveting discovery--- wait, I feel like I've typed stuff like that this year...