Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #4966
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post

My main beef with it was that ending. Shit was UGHHHHHH. That and the more I think about it, the more I realize it's just Kingdom Hearts w/ a holiday coating. The fandom does little to prove me wrong.
They could have made it worse and made Pitch a good guy... that's all I'm saying.

And I agree the fandom can be crazy but consider the ages, they're mostly highschoolers, I try not to get too jived over them, and I have met some really awesome ones and so far I have had good experiences with the fandom I know. I just stay away from the overly obnoxious ones.

Also Emmers, Kil is kinda right, I dunno if yuppefied was the right word to use in the situation but don't get defensive about it, sometimes context is different to some. And I wasn't saying it had to be "yuppified" because it's a kids movie, I was just saying Chris might have super high expectations FOR a movie made for kids. Not everyone is Pixar. But like I said, I didn't think it was that dumbed down, but we all feel differently about movies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 12-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #4967
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Christmas asshole steals little girls dog. Sells it on the street for $200.

Luckily the woman who bought the dog knew something wasn't right and took it to a vet right away who was able to scan the microchip and get the dog back to his family.

Some guy stole their dog and tried to sell it. On Christmas eve.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #4968
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,314
If I could find the news article, I'd show you the guy who drove his truck into a business complex to set the place on fire on Christmas morning (and yeah, it burned. Took hours just to get the fire under control).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #4969
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
If I could find the news article, I'd show you the guy who drove his truck into a business complex to set the place on fire on Christmas morning (and yeah, it burned. Took hours just to get the fire under control).
....Why.

What.

Why.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #4970
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Speaking of there was this fucker who lit his car on fire to draw out firemen and started shooting at them. Swat came in and he shot himself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #4971
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
....Why.

What.

Why.
My thoughts exactly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #4972
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
University student's experiment uncovers people intentionally aiming to run over turtles on the road.

"Sometimes humans feel a need to prove they are the dominant species on this planet by taking a two-ton metal vehicle and squishing a defenseless creature under the tires, said Hal Herzog, a Western Carolina University psychology professor."
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #4973
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,718
Well, that's my robot uprising survival plan torn to shreds.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #4974
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,096
I'm getting pretty tense about Ahn!Con. Everyone who expresses interest in rooming with me drops out. At least one person offered to still pay her share even if she won't be there. But having so many people drop out on me, make me consider skipping the con entirely. Then again, I wouldn't be able to get my registration money back.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #4975
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,096


This Karen Porter person is actually staff at the con being mentioned. A STAFF PERSON ACTUALLY INSULTED ME FOR MY PERSONAL BOUNDARIES. I've contacted the con's main page with this screen shot but my friend who used to work with them said they really love her so it's unlikely anything will be done with her. This is one of the reasons I'm seriously considering not going to this con. If I decide not to go, they really should refund me.

Also the friend I mentioned earlier, said that Karen was unwilling to room with guys two years ago, so she is also lying here.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #4976
Headphone Actor
Local KagePro loser
 
Headphone Actor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post


This Karen Porter person is actually staff at the con being mentioned. A STAFF PERSON ACTUALLY INSULTED ME FOR MY PERSONAL BOUNDARIES. I've contacted the con's main page with this screen shot but my friend who used to work with them said they really love her so it's unlikely anything will be done with her. This is one of the reasons I'm seriously considering not going to this con. If I decide not to go, they really should refund me.

Also the friend I mentioned earlier, said that Karen was unwilling to room with guys two years ago, so she is also lying here.
Unfriend her then. Friends will respect your personal boundaries, which this person clearly does not. Don't let other people ruin the con for you! Best of luck finding roommates though!
__________________
By getting just a little closer to you, I think I could find it out
Just so these days would never ever have to end without a doubt
Ringing in a tone that slowly died and never will restart again
And all at once, I know everything is gone
Headphone Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #4977
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,096
She was never on my friends list to begin with. This was a post in a Kansas City cosplay group. With her being a staff member, it makes me distrust the con.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #4978
Debitto_of_Bond
The Quaker Man
 
Debitto_of_Bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 563
Wow that person is a total anus for insulting you like that. People who make room reservations for cons have the right to set whichever rules and boundaries he or she is comfortable with, in this particular case if you prefer not to have guys in your room then that's how it should be. How this person is on staff considering their rather insulting responses is a secret to everybody I suppose.
__________________
Confirmed Cosplays!!!

Otakon 2014:

Dandy! Space Dandy
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Beelzemon: Digimon Tamers
Mousse: Ranma 1/2
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
TV's Frank: MST3K

AWA 2014:

Dandy: Space Dandy
Megabyte: ReBoot (HOPEFULLY!!! )
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
The First Doctor: Doctor Who
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Debitto_of_Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #4979
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
She was never on my friends list to begin with. This was a post in a Kansas City cosplay group. With her being a staff member, it makes me distrust the con.
So don't go?
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #4980
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Seconding the SV post.

I wouldn't trust going to a convention where the staff insults your personal safety choices. It would make me feel very unsafe with their volunteers.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.