Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 123 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #5056
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I just buy one small box at a time because no where around here sells them all bundled like that. :|
If you'll give me your address, I'll get an extra pack for you on my next trip to Costco And you won't have to deal with lack of adhesive for a while!
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #5057
Lithium Flower
Handphones

We should do another secret santa only instead it's our favorite 'feminine hygiene' products.

Also I live in Michigan, shipping to Canada is like $5 from here.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #5058
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

MichigAAAAAAn.

Yes I am making fun of their accent.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #5059
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
We should do another secret santa only instead it's our favorite 'feminine hygiene' products.

Also I live in Michigan, shipping to Canada is like $5 from here.
And that is why USPS is better than Canada Post. Shipping cross-border is a reasonable rate for packages less than 3/4" thick. Once the package gets bigger than that, rates increase dramatically

(Side note: I grew up accross the border from Michigan. My great-grandparents and grandmother were from Detroit, but that was before my time)
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #5060
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah... there's a rant. AWFUL SHIPPING PRICES IN THIS COUNTRY. It cost me $11, regular parcel, including the bubble mailer, to ship the parasprite I made for coscom secret santa. It weighed a couple grams and didn't exactly take up much space. It went about 300-400 kilometres away.
....I CAN GET A BIG-ASS WIG SHIPPED FROM NEVADA, TO ONTARIO, FOR SIX BUCKS THROUGH USPS. WHAT. THE. FUCK. There's almost no point being a comissioner for anything here because everyone's going to say OMFG NO when you mention that shipping will be gigantically expensive.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #5061
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeah... there's a rant. AWFUL SHIPPING PRICES IN THIS COUNTRY. It cost me $11, regular parcel, including the bubble mailer, to ship the parasprite I made for coscom secret santa. It weighed a couple grams and didn't exactly take up much space. It went about 300-400 kilometres away.
....I CAN GET A BIG-ASS WIG SHIPPED FROM NEVADA, TO ONTARIO, FOR SIX BUCKS THROUGH USPS. WHAT. THE. FUCK. There's almost no point being a comissioner for anything here because everyone's going to say OMFG NO when you mention that shipping will be gigantically expensive.
Wow that's balls man.

So far I haven't had to ship any commissions outside the US. But at least now I know Canadurr isn't too costly.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #5062
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Seriously work? 4 people on the floor and two cashiers? That's it?
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #5063
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Non-serious suggestion: if mailing parasprites in the future, ship empty and have people stuff their own on arrival :P
I appreciate the effort/expense very much though. Parasprite is coming to G-anime with me. Will not feed it.

I actually changed my original secret santa gift idea from something bulky to something which would ship mostly flat. <2cm flat anyways. Things I learned from my mom who runs a successful Etsy business and one of the first things she pointed out to me when she started is that her products ship flat for a reason.
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #5064
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh yeah, it wasn't a big expense/pain to me to ship it and it was still in the price budget, but still, every time I try to ship ANYTHING by Canada Post I have to grit my teeth and go "NOW what, a couple pints of my blood???" (Also, lol, I totally should have that as a suggestion if I ever do commissioned parasprites/plushies.)

But I did notice, flat boxes ship way cheaper than bubble mailers. When I shipped my boyfriend his finished Magus armour (which slid into a box originally designed for a drumhead) it cost a ton less, despite being bigger, compared to his CAPE, which was half the dimensions and in a bubble mailer.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #5065
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

So far the first two guests announcements for Otakon are THE SAME FIRST TWO GUESTS from 2010. Both of whom I don't care for. It's their 20th anniversary, I would think they'd have better and or new guests for such an occasion - espcially since the price is/was $70 flat out or $80 at the door. Otakon won't be getting my money until last minute >_>

Last edited by Mykaios : 01-09-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #5066
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

when there are more girls than guys in a situation the guys feelings don't matter.
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #5067
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
when there are more girls than guys in a situation the guys feelings don't matter.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #5068
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Gender has no bearing on this.

It's more of a friends thing, unless people are impartial --- whoever has the most lacke---- erm, friends, I mean, will "matter" (Quotes are important).

Last edited by Kildread : 01-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #5069
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Please explain further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #5070
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Please explain further.
ill keep this as short as i can.
when there is as girl/woman who has a problem and a guy says his input on it and even though he might not be right most of the time. the point is that depending on how serious the problem is if its not what they want to hear its the worst thing in the world they will treat him like an animal. im getting sick of this one sided "girls problems matter and guys problems are non existent and are not relevant" there is no empathy for guys problems its just "ok that's sad now shut up and get over it"

maybe im just lacking friends but im just getting sick of people treating me bad and i have to fight them off on my own while they have 3 or more people on their side. im finding it hard to maintain a good personality with this happening. a while back i was shy and depressed and now i worked most of that away and am more confident than i used to be. im just finding it hard the right way to act when every try at something good gets allot of bad attention. i just don't want to blend into the background while everyone is having fun with friends im not getting any younger.