Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #5146
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
... It's 2 AM. A car alarm has been going off for the past two hours. Why does no one else seem to be hearing this, and why are they not stopping it?

... I am not nearly as nonchalant about this as it may seem. I feel like I'm about to flip a table right now.
You can call the police and report it. They'll be able to find it from your address and can go check it out/ wake up the owner and make them turn it off. I've had to do this a few times (one of m neighbors must be either half deaf or the deepest sleeper on the planet.)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #5147
Khorrupt

So, giant project coming up, and the teacher scheduled it for the Friday that me and my friends usually miss on purpose because that's the day when we go to our one annual con as a group. (Seriously, seriously crappy timing.)

And so, she asks, "Is this date a problem for anyone?"

And so that's when I realized, and I tell my friend in the class, "Hey, that's con day."

And so she asks, "Well should we tell her?"

I say yes, but I don't know if saying we have to go to a convention is a good enough excuse to a teacher, but then my friend points out that it's none of her business what we're doing, and that makes sense; it's not.

So she says, "Me and Lily can't be here that day because we have something we have to go to."

And the teacher (in a rude tone) asks, "Well, what is it?"

My friend just says that it's an event that we have to go to and that we miss that same day every year (which is the truth.) And my teacher shrugs and says, "Too bad."

Lady >.> If you're not willing to change it because it's a problem for two of your students, then don't ask if it's a problem for anyone to begin with! -.-
Khorrupt is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #5148
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Fun Fact: I don't like FPS games, and I don't play the Xbox. I don't care if COD is your life, but don't treat me like I'm not a gamer just because I don't like shooting a bunch of squishy polygons until they bleed.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #5149
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's 2am! Why the hell is Gf's upstairs neighbor VACUUMING?!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:24 AM   #5150
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I know I just posted an hour ago... but I'm still feeling rather irritated and I need to vent.

To elaborate on my last post, I went to a part tonight with all of the robotics team members, and we were playing video games. We played Halo 4 on the Xbox, and I was admittedly terrible at it. When I explained that I never play Halo, and that I don't even own an Xbox, because I don't like FPS games/Nintendo games appeal much more to me, one of the guys effectively shamed me in front of the group because I don't like Halo and COD. Yeah, not fun. Thankfully the rest of the night was a lot of fun, but that whole debacle in itself really made my blood boil.

I know it's not something to get terribly worked up over, but I can't help but find it insulting that some people don't even consider me a gamer simply because I don't find fascination in games where I kill people in a gory fashion. I personally am a more casual gamer, and I prefer colorful, brighter games with more lighthearted themes (save for a few exceptions). Why is that a bad thing?

Anyways, he went on to berate me and my taste in video games, scoffing at me for thinking that the Nintendo Wii is a good system, and that I prefer it to the Xbox, and so on. =_=;

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #5151
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Dear friends,

THIS IS WHY I ASKED ABOUT GETTING OUR STUFF TOGETHER BACK IN OCTOBER.

Sincerely,
A Very Frustrated Stars

(It's not that big a deal, I suppose, but I put so much work into getting you guys organized and this is what I get. Nrrrrrgh.)
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #5152
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
I know I just posted an hour ago... but I'm still feeling rather irritated and I need to vent.

To elaborate on my last post, I went to a part tonight with all of the robotics team members, and we were playing video games. We played Halo 4 on the Xbox, and I was admittedly terrible at it. When I explained that I never play Halo, and that I don't even own an Xbox, because I don't like FPS games/Nintendo games appeal much more to me, one of the guys effectively shamed me in front of the group because I don't like Halo and COD. Yeah, not fun. Thankfully the rest of the night was a lot of fun, but that whole debacle in itself really made my blood boil.

I know it's not something to get terribly worked up over, but I can't help but find it insulting that some people don't even consider me a gamer simply because I don't find fascination in games where I kill people in a gory fashion. I personally am a more casual gamer, and I prefer colorful, brighter games with more lighthearted themes (save for a few exceptions). Why is that a bad thing?

Anyways, he went on to berate me and my taste in video games, scoffing at me for thinking that the Nintendo Wii is a good system, and that I prefer it to the Xbox, and so on. =_=;
I've been there, Fish-n-chips... many times. Heck, the last time I got that response to my gaming preferences it was from a guy who was trying to hit on me >_> Nope. Informing me in no uncertain terms that the games I play are shit and I HAVE to play the games you like on the systems you like is absolutely never going to get you into my pants.

Try not to let rude people get to you, you and I can just keep playing Nintendo titles forever.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #5153
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Guy's don't be silly. Your girls, and girls just sit at home and knit.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #5154
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Ex-fucking-scuse me? I CROCHET MOFO
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #5155
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I've been there, Fish-n-chips... many times. Heck, the last time I got that response to my gaming preferences it was from a guy who was trying to hit on me >_> Nope. Informing me in no uncertain terms that the games I play are shit and I HAVE to play the games you like on the systems you like is absolutely never going to get you into my pants.

Try not to let rude people get to you, you and I can just keep playing Nintendo titles forever.
....what an efficient way to hit on someone. XD Geez, some people. I do try to ignore those kinds of people, and thankfully I don't come across them too often (I'm not too heavily involved in the gaming community). So I will just play all the Nintendo. ;A; All of it.

Quote:
B-but I don't know how to knit! ;A; Also, that is some epic grammar you got going on. xD

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #5156
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Ex-fucking-scuse me? I CROCHET MOFO
SEE. YOU DONT PLAY GAMES. YOU ARE BUT AN OLD HAG.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #5157
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

I can knit to be fair... but I prefer crocheting >=I

I AM A HAG WITH A BANGIN BOOTY!
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #5158
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post

Ugh. Dude is an ass. If none of your other teammates stood up for you, that's even shittier. But I'm sorry to say, as you continue to pursue your interest in science, you will encounter belittling asshole attitudes again and again about anything deemed "girly". You can either gracefully deflect the asshole behavior, "Well, one's taste and skill in video games isn't relevant to anything other than one's taste and skill in video games. I enjoy the hobby in my own way and you can enjoy it your way." Or point out how asinine they are being, "Wow. It's really pretty ridiculous to make such a big deal over someone's taste in video games." And then do your best to let it go. You can waste a lot of energy being angry at assholes.

Quote:
I am, literally, an old hag and I most definitely play games. This morning while riding the exercise bike, I beat Artorias in the Dark Souls DLC with a level 1 character. :P

Last edited by The Hag : 01-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #5159
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Ugh. Dude is an ass. If none of your other teammates stood up for you, that's even shittier. But I'm sorry to say, as you continue to pursue your interest in science, you will encounter belittling asshole attitudes again and again about anything deemed "girly". You can either gracefully deflect the asshole behavior, "Well, one's taste and skill in video games isn't relevant to anything other than one's taste and skill in video games. I enjoy the hobby in my own way and you can enjoy it your way." Or point out how asinine they are being, "Wow. It's really pretty ridiculous to make such a big deal over someone's taste in video games." And then do your best to let it go. You can waste a lot of energy being angry at assholes.
Those are really good responses. o^o I am definitely going to use one of those next time. At the moment none of my other teammates were backing me up so I just ended up backing away from the TV area in general.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #5160
Lithium Flower
Handphones

The Hag, who is decidedly unhag-like regardless of her instance otherwise, is probably a better person to listen to then my sarcastic jokes >>

I tried, therefore no one should criticize me!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○