Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #5371
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You know what I hate? When the kind of people who don't shut up and think they are your best friend do something like grab your shoulder and shake a bit.

Another security guard did this to me earlier, he assumed that because we are in the same line of work, that I give a shit about him. No, don't fucking touch me again you guido piece of shit, stop talking to me and go away.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #5372
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
From what I understand it wasn't even some big 'thing' or 'issue'. It was just something casually mentioned that Mitch has a boyfriend with Norman's sister hit on him or something?
Yeah it was. But the entire movie is about bullying and the effects it has on people. Since we're all aware LGBT people are more likely to be bullied, I found it fitting to the theme of the film. It also shows that the people making a fuss about it didn't really absorb the movie's message.
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #5373
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
From what I understand it wasn't even some big 'thing' or 'issue'. It was just something casually mentioned that Mitch has a boyfriend with Norman's sister hit on him or something?
The movie was also all about taking a stereotype and beating it in to your head through the movie and then turning it and flipping it right around to make you be like WAIT WAT. As you haven't seen the film I cannot give away too many details.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #5374
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
APPARENTLY POOR PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE A PART OF THE EQUESTRIAN TEAM BECAUSE IT'S OK TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST US FILTHY POOR PEOPLE BECAUSE WE OBVS CAN'T RIDE HORSES GEWD AND HAVE TO BORROW SHOW CLOTHES AND WE CAN'T OWN A HORSE.... OBS THIS MAKES US INFERIOR TO THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD SUCH LUXURIES AND WE SHOULD BE SHUNNED FROM THEIR HIGH CLASS SOCIETY!
I was going to join the equestrian team in college because I'd been riding for 12 years but then I went to the first meeting and was told I'd have to pay $400 a month for lessons which were mandatory. Fuck that, the football team didn't have to pay to practice so why should the equestrian team have to pay to practice? HORSESHIT. I declined to join.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #5375
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I was going to join the equestrian team in college because I'd been riding for 12 years but then I went to the first meeting and was told I'd have to pay $400 a month for lessons which were mandatory. Fuck that, the football team didn't have to pay to practice so why should the equestrian team have to pay to practice? HORSESHIT. I declined to join.
Horses need care dude, the money goes to the upkeep of the tack and the animals. I have to pay 45 dollars a lesson AND pay team dues (mind you, your team like mine might not be a team sort but a club sport meaning little to no funding is given) so unless I get club sports to subsidize my lessons because club sports SHOULD be paying for those of us who can't front the cash as easily as the more fortunate people on the team, I have to keep paying lessoning fees. I just went over in another post that my coach NEEDS this money to pay bills, feed horses, buy new tack if needed, and ya know... survive. And this is a small sum of money for 2 hour lessons AND she gives us a discount.

Also a football team doesn't require to practice on living breathing animals that need food, water, shelter, HUGE ASS VET BILLS and never mind the cost of tack. I don't know how your team was run, but ours is literally scraping by and we fund raise for the upkeep of the animals. But honest I can understand the having to pay lots of money for lessons, horses are not cheap to keep yo.

Edit- And from riding 12 years I know you know these things but. I just had a mini rant because this is literally what these idiots on the team do not get so it just spewed out.

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 03-03-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #5376
belligerent
Viking Metal

If the university sanctions an equestrian team, it should pay for the keep of the horses (which were indeed kept at the university stables). Otherwise I'm not sure why have one.

I owned horses for 20 years. They do require money to keep, I realize, but assuming one person is paying for one horse (they wouldn't let me use my own horse, either), it doesn't cost $400 a month to keep a horse. And there were more riders than horses used for the purpose of the team, so...
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #5377
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
If the university sanctions an equestrian team, it should pay for the keep of the horses (which were indeed kept at the university stables). Otherwise I'm not sure why have one.

I owned horses for 20 years. They do require money to keep, I realize, but assuming one person is paying for one horse (they wouldn't let me use my own horse, either), it doesn't cost $400 a month to keep a horse. And there were more riders than horses used for the purpose of the team, so...
Yea but our university DOESN'T pay for the upkeep of the horses because we're not the football team or the basket ball team, we don't bring people in so we don't get the finances they get. And why have one? Because we really want to fucking ride and have one. We're like the best in our region right now and we could win it all! So we fund raise to keep our damn team. WE the students put together this team and WE the students are damned if we let it go.

Pam lets people use their own horses as long as the team understand that OTHER team mates will be using them for lessons as well and they might be trailered to shows to be used in the show. And the fund raising we do is for the upkeep, no one person should have to be responsible for one horse at a time unless they lease the horse or own it, we all chip in for everyone. You also have to realize MOST horse coaches aren't paid by the school unless the school can afford it, they make their living off the lessons that they give and 400 a month is probably the average for two lessons a week. Pam is in a financial crisis right now, the school does not give her what she is due. She essentially almost coaches us for free.
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #5378
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I'm so sick of being harassed it's not even funny anymore.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.Ē

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #5379
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
"Androgyny is creepy."
"Tilda Swinton...eh...whatever."
"Majora's Mask was...eh... Twilight Princess was better."
"Foxes are vermin."
I would have poured hot chai on him.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #5380
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Yea but our university
My rant wasn't a rebuttal to your situation, it only reminded me of my particular experience at my own university, ten years ago. Keeping in mind that all experiences are different, both our rants can be valid. I'm not disagreeing with you that perhaps the girls in your club are being dumb.
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #5381
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Piece of shit neighbours next door at 7am, TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONE ALARM. IT'S BEEN RINGING FOR TEN FUCKING MINUTES AND I CAN HEAR IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THROUGH THESE PAPER-THIN WALLS. Like all the OTHER fucking noise you create, which I have enough of from the UPSTAIRS neighbours who think the goddamn floor/ceiling is a bouncy castle from 5 pm to 5 am.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #5382
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

This issue is resolved but I need to vent my anger about it.

I originally had three roommates for my next con, two of whom I've roomed with before and the other was a friend of one of them who had never been to a con before. Well, the new girl had to drop out because things came up. I went ahead a posted "seeking roommate" post on the con forum. It went awhile with no response and once the 3-week mark hit, I assumed I wouldn't find a third person and asked the other two to send me some extra money which they accepted.

Finally someone does answer and it starts off okay but then she refuses to pay beforehand telling me she's good for it. I tell her that I can't just take her word because she's a stranger and I have my policies for a reason. She tries to guilt-trip me by saying the worst case scenario for her is being stranded with no place to stay and out $60 and for me it's that she's a dead-beat and I could have security remove her if that happened. I've had bad experiences with uncaring security people so I'm not going to set up a situation where I would have to rely on them. To me, they're a last resort. I also hated that she kept asking for more information but didn't tell me what kind of information she wanted. I would've been willing to tell her if I just knew what she was looking for. Finally, I just told her to find someone else to room with and she agreed.

The part that makes me kick myself is that I gave her my cell number way too soon. Most of the conservation happened in text and I wanted to block her. But I would have to pay extra fee to be able to block a number and I don't want to do that for just one person. Hopefully, she just won't contact me further. I am glad though that I didn't tell my other two roommates about this girl. I was waiting until things were set in stone before telling them they didn't need to send the extra money.

Last edited by Shana05 : 03-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #5383
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Piece of shit neighbours next door at 7am, TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONE ALARM. IT'S BEEN RINGING FOR TEN FUCKING MINUTES AND I CAN HEAR IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THROUGH THESE PAPER-THIN WALLS. Like all the OTHER fucking noise you create, which I have enough of from the UPSTAIRS neighbours who think the goddamn floor/ceiling is a bouncy castle from 5 pm to 5 am.
Our downstairs neighbors are banging on walls all night. It's been like..4-5 months now? Almost every single night there's huge banging going on (zinnnng) directly below us. This early morning, around 2-3am, it was so loud I thought the cat got tangled in the blinds pull cord and was choking to death or something. So I went running out of the bedroom and looked around the living room thinking the cat was struggling in the cords and slamming against the wall. But nope. Fucknuts downstairs doing whatever it is they do every night.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #5384
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Our downstairs neighbors are banging on walls all night. It's been like..4-5 months now? Almost every single night there's huge banging going on (zinnnng) directly below us. This early morning, around 2-3am, it was so loud I thought the cat got tangled in the blinds pull cord and was choking to death or something. So I went running out of the bedroom and looked around the living room thinking the cat was struggling in the cords and slamming against the wall. But nope. Fucknuts downstairs doing whatever it is they do every night.
Are these the losers that always cause trouble?

If they're being noisy you or Brandon should really go down and tell them to be quiet!

Or leave passive aggressive notes around the place. That always leads to harmony...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #5385
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Are these the losers that always cause trouble?

If they're being noisy you or Brandon should really go down and tell them to be quiet!

Or leave passive aggressive notes around the place. That always leads to harmony...
Yes they are. This is the guy we think was responsible in one way or another for the damages to his car.

Yesterday when we pulled in the parking lot and Brandon was getting groceries out of the back I noticed someone from their apartment had parted a small slat in the blinds and was looking out at us and moved away quickly as soon as I turned around.

#NOPE

If I am never heard from again you'll know what happened to me. I'll probably be chopped up into tiny pieces or buried alive in the wall.

Speaking of passive aggressive notes...earlier this month or last month when our thermostat was being a little shitface the maintenance guy's went downstairs to the laundry room to check the boiler and found a SEETHING note left 'anonymously' on the dryer. The property manager checked up with us to make sure we weren't having problems or anything and that it wasn't us who left the note. When Brandon said it wasn't she said it was okay and not to worry because she 'thinks she knows who left it'. We pretty much know it's whoever lives below us because everyone else in the building is nice.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote