Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #5416
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

I've had causes of guys flirting or asking me out.. I later learn they have girlfriends.
This is why I am asexual.
But I am fine with that fact. I have mah yaoi.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #5417
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

i do a search for one god damn thing and then suddenly it's all i see. dominoes pizza ads everywhere.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #5418
Mr Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
She said she didn't want anything huh?

She had her chance and she didn't take it, that's what I see.
Seems that way. If she was trying to use reverse psychology to tell me she does like me, it didnt work. Just sucks that I find out she did like me after I was with my current girlfriend for almost a month. At least I can make someone happy. If she says she doesnt want anything then she cant expect me to try. I listen to what people say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
A similar thing just happened to me. The guy who asked me out a few weeks ago just messaged me telling me he is engaged and unfriends me on Facebook. I'm not upset about it because I wasn't romantically interested in him but it confuses the hell out of me. He had to have been in some sort of relationship with his fiancee when he asked me out. People just don't get engaged after knowing each for like two weeks. That makes we feel bad for his fiancee. If I knew who she was I'd tell her about him asking me out.

Here's a screenshot of the messages. Almost exactly one month between the two events.
Only thing I can think of is he could be lying trying to get you jealous. Otherwise the guy is scum. Plus not like you guys cant be friends anymore because of that
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #5419
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
I've had causes of guys flirting or asking me out.. I later learn they have girlfriends.
I...what...nevermind...

Correlation failure.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #5420
Ilafatyu
That guy

"Guys are too insensitive, so I'm a lesbian." "Girls are too much of a hassle, so I'm gay." "People aren't worth the time, so I'm asexual."

You can't choose your sexual orientation. Is this where the sudden explosion of asexual people has come from?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #5421
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I dunno, man.
There's definitely a difference in NOT WANTING SEX EVER (and/or) NOT WANTING A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP EVER BECAUSE THAT'S JUST THE WAY YOU ARE and just not being into it right now because you have other shit you're focusing on or choosing to abstain. (CAPS = asexuality.)

But, of course, sexuality is something that must be explored. Don't be too hard on these people.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #5422
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
But I am fine with that fact. I have mah yaoi.
I'm not sure you understand what asexuality entails....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #5423
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
You mean that's why you're circumstantially celibate.

Two very different things. If you would be with dudes but for their girlfriends, that's not you being asexual, it's you not cutting in on somebody with a full dancecard already. If you have interest in them romantically but not sexually and do not desire sex, you could still be asexual.

There's a lot of nuance... Saying that asexuals don't date people is also kind of damaging in general to the asexual community since there are people who are asexual who do want romantic relationships and date people but don't want the sexual part. Because a lot of relationships hinge so greatly on sex, and because of a lack of awareness of asexuality or because of lack of knowledge about what it is and isn't, a lot of asexual people manage to be in really incompatible relationships. I know a lot of cases happen where somebody who is extremely asexual thinks that being in a relationship will "fix" them or whatever, or a sexual person will be frustrated that their partner doesn't want them that way and becomes self-conscious, etc.

It's a really complicated thing, apparently.

Quote:
I'm not sure you understand what asexuality entails....
A lot of asexual people read yaoi. One doesn't negate the other, although I don't agree with OP's explanation of every guy has a girlfriend already--->asexuality.

I don't like labels because they have a tendency to be limiting. I've never been interested in participating in sexual things, myself, but I do find anime dudes + anime dudes "hot" when intended to be (although I prefer the lead-up to things and not really when they whip it out or whatever. Like kissing in the shower from the chest up is cool but I get less interested the lower it goes).

FWIW, I didn't know "asexuality" even existed until about a year and a half ago, although it explains a lot of things to me about myself. I'm dating somebody who identifies as asexual, so asexual people definitely do date. Despite my own dislike for labels, we generally have the same opinions on intimacy.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #5424
Mr Zero

it sucks but me and my friends friendship seems like it may have been damaged a little. we dont seem as close anymore like we once were. our conversations dont even seem the same anymore. its sad but not sure if its possible to fix
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #5425
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
"Guys are too insensitive, so I'm a lesbian." "Girls are too much of a hassle, so I'm gay." "People aren't worth the time, so I'm asexual."

You can't choose your sexual orientation. Is this where the sudden explosion of asexual people has come from?
I'm guessing people just don't understand sexual orientation. You can't choose to be asexual but you can choose to be celibate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post

Only thing I can think of is he could be lying trying to get you jealous. Otherwise the guy is scum. Plus not like you guys cant be friends anymore because of that
He'd be scum either way. I wasn't interested in him romantically and him being in a relationship isn't going to change that. All that does is make me angry for the fiancee's sake. Like I said, he was the one to unfriend me on Facebook. I just don't care about that part too much.

Last edited by Shana05 : 03-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #5426
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Not really an angry vent/rant or anything, but why do some people like to stereotype guys in front of me? :/ Things like why do all guys suck, all guys are the same, guys are all perverts, etc. Thanks people, I REALLY appreciate it :/ Lol, almost like it's to me when I'm not even saying or doing anything...

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #5427
Ilafatyu
That guy

I was at work today when my cashier and the customer got into a 'women are superior' conversation. The husband and I just kind of stood there while they went back and forth. It's nice that they have pride in their gender, but it's sort of awkward when you're just looking for a little equality. Nobody should be put on a pedestal. Nobody needs to dominate. Can't we just be friends, bro?

My father views women as immature. As a gender. Most of the men I know are in agreement. Older women tend to treat younger women either as enemies or as fledgelings to protect. Women view men as The Enemy. I just want to be taken seriously (says the Peter Pan who wears costumes) regardless of my gender. I question it often enough as it is.

So that's my can of worms.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%

Last edited by Ilafatyu : 03-10-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #5428
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zero View Post
Seems that way. If she was trying to use reverse psychology to tell me she does like me, it didnt work. Just sucks that I find out she did like me after I was with my current girlfriend for almost a month. At least I can make someone happy. If she says she doesnt want anything then she cant expect me to try. I listen to what people say
If she is too shy to tell you how she feels then you're not at fault, why would it be your responsibility to read into every little detail of her behavior.

That's me though, I don't want to be with someone who is unable to be direct towards me, all my previous girlfriends (save one) were straightforward and I appreciate that, it is a quality I respect.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #5429
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I picked up a friend from college Friday, in the snow, after his ride bailed on him under the condition he help move me tomorrow. Just got an IM asking me how long I thought this "thing" will take, because he had stuff to do at home tomorrow.

I told him I had no idea and if he had a to be home a certain time to arrange his own ride.

Honestly. I have the uhaul for 6 hours so hopefully we'll be done by three or I'm screwed.

And I was gonna buy us all pizza after I drop off the uhaul. THEN I was going to bring him home. A fact I told him on Friday.

Damn weasel
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #5430
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Why do some of my friends suck :/ When I need to confirm something with them somewhat important some of them say they'll call back in a bit, and they totally do not. I know they're not busy either, because they're sitting there online and I also tried calling back

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote