Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #5521
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, he's generally only staying there due to the benefits they get. The pay isn't fantastic to start (and he negotiated it higher since he's a licensed mechanic), but it's more than he made at his last job.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #5522
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Oh lordy. The customer stories Brando comes home with.

He works at a very small computer repair shop. I'll leave you with that and let your mind go wild.

One time they got a huge cockroach infestation because someone brought in their computer tower and when they opened it up it was completely infested with cockroaches.

About a month ago some guy was claiming he didn't know how to view the images on his flashdrive (but apparently he knew how to get them ON the flashdrive as well as name them) and made Brandon pull it up to show him. On the particular kind of OS the man had when you plug in the flashdrive the images always display in thumbnail form and when it opened up all the images where of the customer naked and holding his dick with image titles like "Big dick for my wife".
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #5523
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

...dear sweet jesus. That is foul.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #5524
Lithium Flower
Handphones

That's not even the worst of it. Well. The dick guy was up there that's for sure.

When he first started working Boyfriend was going through the notes made on certain customers that are kept in the computer system (they will actually make notes "person was a dick, do not give favors or discounts" and stuff like "customer was super cool, gave small discount" so other employees know who's a dickface)and found one note that read;

Customer urinated on front door, banned from store.

Apparently some lady didn't appreciate the awesome discounts at the store and took a pee on their front door. I guess she had good aim.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #5525
BlooShine

Wow. .___.

I play mom/teacher at a daycare all day. But my daycare is tiny and one room with 30 kids, so it's loud all the time.
It's not even the kids that can be the really awful ones, it's the parents that know better.
My favorite thing is when a kid has really bad behavior issues and we offer the parents free resources and the parent doesn't do a thing. And then they look at us and say, "Why is my kid still doing this?" or "I'm not happy that you haven't worked with so-and-so, he's still misbehaving."
Sorry for doing everything we possibly can in an environment where we don't have constant one-on-one time and we can't come home with you to be their nanny and teach them right and wrong.

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #5526
BlooShine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
That's not even the worst of it. Well. The dick guy was up there that's for sure.

When he first started working Boyfriend was going through the notes made on certain customers that are kept in the computer system (they will actually make notes "person was a dick, do not give favors or discounts" and stuff like "customer was super cool, gave small discount" so other employees know who's a dickface)and found one note that read;

Apparently some lady didn't appreciate the awesome discounts at the store and took a pee on their front door. I guess she had good aim.
I can't even fathom people like that! Dx

Big 'ole list of cosplays!

Levy - Fairy Tail
Menma - Ano Hana
Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier
Xiao - Dark Cloud (Remaking cosplay)
Eris, Goddess of Discord and Chaos - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
BlooShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #5527
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post

.....ew. (And I'm reminded of "Creepy guy" from the dance school. I think I mentioned him before- he was very creepily/almost obsessively watching the dance classes, including the LITTLE girls as well as the grownup women, at the front window, annnd one time took a whiz on it. DURING a class.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #5528
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Wow that guy's a fuckin' creeper. I do remember you mentioning it before, but can't remember if anything was done about it? I imagine that parents would have complained about him?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #5529
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Eh, he just disappeared. Every time the cops got called on him he'd run off before they could catch him. And then he just never came back again. (And yeah, Ebon- our dance teacher/school head- was not happy about the guy. Especially when he came in one time to ask if there were any dance classes starting soon. He got a "No, not until much later today", no time given, as a response and then creepy guy left. And then he kept the big curtains shut for the evening.)

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 04-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #5530
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

We've had similar things. A lady once showed up in a skirt and left us steaming turd when she walked away. That's the caliber of people we deal with on a daily basis. I remember my uncle telling me about this stuff when I was younger and just thinking he was a racist, making this shit up. But after working a counter for 2 years, I've seen everything he mentioned and more.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #5531
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Eh, he just disappeared. Every time the cops got called on him he'd run off before they could catch him. And then he just never came back again. (And yeah, Ebon- our dance teacher/school head- was not happy about the guy. Especially when he came in one time to ask if there were any dance classes starting soon. He got a "No, not until much later today", no time given, as a response and then creepy guy left. And then he kept the big curtains shut for the evening.)
Wow what a winner :\

I hope he didn't scare the kids.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #5532
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm guessing he did. But most of the little kid classes are on Saturdays and afternoons whereas adult classes are in the evening (and drop-ins at noon), so I never found out for myself.
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #5533
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think I'm destined to never have decent counter space. Curse you old New England houses and your awkwardly laid out kitchens! I also can only reach the bottom shelf of our cabinates.

I just want to be able to have a place to cook where I don't have to climb on the tiny counters to reach my supplies! Is that so much to ask?!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #5534
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

These stories make the customers who put trash behind product on shelves sound like angels.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #5535
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
These stories make the customers who put trash behind product on shelves sound like angels.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote