Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #5611
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

I am FAR too annoyed by people spelling simple words wrong. Like, today, I saw someone spell the word "recent" as "resent". And then there's the constant misuse of "there", "their", and "they're". I don't know why, but that bothers me FAR beyond reason.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #5612
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Exact conversation that just occurred:
(Note:I'm sweeping the living/dinning room while meg is doing the dinner prep dishes in the pantry)

Meg's Sister: (leaving her room) What are you doing?
Me: Sweeping, watch that pile.
Meg's Sister: I was beginning to think you never did anything around here.
(Walks away)

Bitch, please. I sweep most days before I leave for school, do dishes, clean the toilet and sink regularly, wash the bath tub once a week, vacuum the couch and just generally tidy up. Today I got home from school and started getting the trash ready to go out. On the other hand, I NEVER see you clean. Ever.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #5613
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
(Note:I'm sweeping the living/dinning room while meg is doing the dinner prep dishes in the pantry)

(Walks away)

Megs sister is a bitch.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #5614
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post

(Walks away)

Bitch, please. I sweep most days before I leave for school, do dishes, clean the toilet and sink regularly, wash the bath tub once a week, vacuum the couch and just generally tidy up. Today I got home from school and started getting the trash ready to go out. On the other hand, I NEVER see you clean. Ever.
What? Does she think the place just magically cleans itself?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #5615
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I stole her $50 sheets. Best revenge ever.

An by stole I mean meg said "here. Put these on the bed"
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #5616
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

So far, the two biggest sites I've joined for voice acting require a yearly membership for a ton of money in order to even be viewed for possible work. THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Where the hell is the little pee-on like me supposed to go to even GET work in this industry? Huh? Tell me that. Where do I go? Where can I go that doesn't try to bleed me for cash and not even offer guaranteed jobs? I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE. I am poor, so anyone who starts up that pay-to-play crap can go *fill in the blank.* If I'm going to pay $300 a year, I'd better damned well be guaranteed multiple gigs.

EDITED: Behind The voice Actors is free, and wonderfully gives the little guy a chance. The projects are unpaid, but I don't care about that. I just want to audition and be cast. Whatever job I get (and I've already been cast for two) I have and will put 100% into the work. Give me a chance, and I'll deliver the best of my ability as it improves.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile

Last edited by epicserendipity : 04-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #5617
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicserendipity View Post
So far, the two biggest sites I've joined for voice acting require a yearly membership for a crap-ton of money in order to even be viewed for possible work. THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Where the hell is the little pee-on like me supposed to go to even GET work in this industry? Huh? Tell me that. Where do I go? Where can I go that doesn't try to bleed me for cash? I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE. I am poor, so anyone who wants money from me to join their silly little con-artist site can go make friendly with a flock of sheep again, and again, and again. *growls.* If those sites had shins, I'd break them.
I'd be wary of websites that charge you for that.
'Back in the day' when my mother was encouraging me to get acting and modeling gigs she paid $40 for a membership to some website that has you upload your information and photographs as basically a portfolio website. Shady as hell man.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #5618
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Exactly!

Also, If anyone is going to cast for their project, they need to look at the talent in the recording, and not if they'd paid, or if they have their own shiny home studio. If the talent is there, it won't matter what they use to record, or how much money they've forked over.
"It's a sad artist who blames his tools."

I audition using a headset mic wrapped in 2 nylon wig caps, and I've been accepted for two jobs so far. Sure, I know someone with a half decent mic set up for recording the jobs I have been cast for, but auditioning with the headset mic is my way of saying, "Are you listening to my delivery, or are you just concerned with the tech?"

Ah, ranting and raving thread. How I love you.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #5619
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Late to the conversation but on the one work day a week thing, that was one of the things Target did to try to get me to quit. Many bosses don't like to actually fire people so they try to make work so unbearable that people quit. In the end, Target succeeded but they did pull a lot of other shit before I actually left.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #5620
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

My baby, he keeps bringing up the idea of me visiting him sometime in the next few weeks before he deports. I miss him a lot I know how hard it is for him to come down and visit me but I know it would be impossible to convince my parents to let me visit him. Let's just say mom wouldn't let me go with my birth-father to visit my grandma in Florida. It hurts me every time he brings it up.

Also my "friend" needs to stop trying to take care of everyone. If I want something done or said I will say it or ask someone to say it. They have gone around telling everyone my (old) gender identity with out even knowing if I want them to know! It nearly forced me out of the closet to my parents
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Princess Daisy - Mario: Haven't even started
Bahamut - Final Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #5621
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quick little rant- why must I mentally be so much older than any of my peers my same age? Because as far as romance goes, it causes me to like people several years older than me (17-18 year olds) and vice versa.
Of course, I'm really not opposed to age differences like that (as long as the connection is there and the younger of the two doesn't feel pressured or in danger [And as long as they are able to keep from getting in any kind of legal trouble, if your state has such laws], I see no problem), but it is incredibly frustrating to know I'll probably have little to no chance of ever having a normal, lovey, teenage relationship because of both my sexuality and mental age- everyone I'm interested in or is interested in me is either a girl or a few years older than me, which neither of my parents is okay with, which means secret relationships all the time and no going out on dates and such..which is kind of a bummer.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 04-17-2013 at 05:37 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #5622
Lithium Flower
Handphones

The idea you have of a 'normal teen relationship' isn't nearly as true as you've been lead to believe.

If it's any consolation I didn't date until I was 21 years old and have now been living together for over a year.

Things will work out in their own time. There is no 'normal' or some sort of goal you have to meet. I swear that you have way more time for stuff like that then you might think you do.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #5623
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Learned today that I have an "F" in Language Arts. Oh well, screw priorities. If I passed my exams then I passed this school year anyway.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokťmon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #5624
Undertaker^^
Ghost Type Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
I am FAR too annoyed by people spelling simple words wrong. Like, today, I saw someone spell the word "recent" as "resent". And then there's the constant misuse of "there", "their", and "they're". I don't know why, but that bothers me FAR beyond reason.
I am guilty of that a bit too often...

---------------------------------------
Oh boy it is coming down really bad outside ( Raining, Thunderstorm ) and i just happen to be at the local library with my only way to get back home being a 15 min at the least bike ride through the rain and such oh i picked a great day not to bring a hat, gloves, etc...

( Excuse my grammar )

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon )
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #5625
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I got a phone call from a company about a position they thought I may be interested in, and they told me to go to their site and apply. After going through the long application and entering all my stuff...I can't submit it! Not only that, the upload resume thing didn't work so I had to enter it all by myself! WHAT THE F!?!?

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote