Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #5626
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker^^ View Post
I am guilty of that a bit too often...

---------------------------------------
Oh boy it is coming down really bad outside ( Raining, Thunderstorm ) and i just happen to be at the local library with my only way to get back home being a 15 min at the least bike ride through the rain and such oh i picked a great day not to bring a hat, gloves, etc...

( Excuse my grammar )
I was about to say "It was here in Michigan" and then I noticed you're in Ann Arbor. So that's that.

I am jealous of your access to Bubble Island. Just so you know.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #5627
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
If it's any consolation I didn't date until I was 21 years old and have now been living together for over a year.
I didn't date until I was 30, GO ME. But it wasn't necessarily for lack of opportunity, I just wasn't particularly interested in dating forever and then met the right person.

Quote:
normal, lovey, teenage relationship
I would focus on school stuff while you're a teenager. You have the rest of your life to deal with relationship dramu (though if you're lucky, there won't be drama if you're a good judge of character), so it's definitely not a bad thing if you wait until you're done with college or later. Also if you stay focused and end up with a decent career, your opportunities for dating open up even further because nobody wants their kid to date somebody who can't get a job but success can mean you get along a lot better with your potential SO's parents.

(like I'm pretty ridiculous, but I own a house and have a pretty decent job, so while I doubt those things matter as much to my SO, they score points in the "no child of mine is dating a LOSER" category, I'm sure)
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Denmark
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #5628
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Quick little rant- why must I mentally be so much older than any of my peers my same age? Because as far as romance goes, it causes me to like people several years older than me (17-18 year olds) and vice versa.
Of course, I'm really not opposed to age differences like that (as long as the connection is there and the younger of the two doesn't feel pressured or in danger [And as long as they are able to keep from getting in any kind of legal trouble, if your state has such laws], I see no problem), but it is incredibly frustrating to know I'll probably have little to no chance of ever having a normal, lovey, teenage relationship because of both my sexuality and mental age- everyone I'm interested in or is interested in me is either a girl or a few years older than me, which neither of my parents is okay with, which means secret relationships all the time and no going out on dates and such..which is kind of a bummer.
I would say this: Remember how old you are. Because I have a feeling you're going to look back on this post in a few years and laugh. Not saying that you aren't a bit ahead of some of your peers, hell, most of my best friends are in their 30's and 40's and I've known them since I was 19. However, don't become too self congratulatory or build yourself up as this bastion of maturity so much that you believe you can't identify with people around your own age. That can be a pretty lonely existence that all the self-confidence in the world won't help. I was similar at your age, telling the world how much more mature I was than my peers, and it made people avoid and dislike me. With the sexuality thing, yeah, that's rough. Can't pretend to know what that's like. But a lot of people around your age group are still figuring things out, not to mention the bullshit societal pressures surrounding sexuality. Keep your chin up, but don't get too big a head. That would be my advice. Sorry if this came across harsh.
ďYouíre better than having to deal with assholes. Youíre better than people who donít honor you. Youíre fucking awesome, this is your journey, and it should not be slowed downóI donít care if itís your boss, your boyfriend, or your fucking dog. Anyone that doesnít dig your shit, then you need to move on, because we donít have time to waste. However, you do have an obligation: YouĖmustĖrock.Ē -Greg Behrendt
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #5629
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Today I called into work .. Never do, but.lately I've been getting my butt up, dragging it all the way to.work to.find out, hey! we're only working 2 hours. Waking up at 6am to.work 2-5 hrs?! Nooooo ma'am.

On the upside, today I get to work on commissions and spend time with the girlfriend. Even though she'll sleep in till 12-1pm and waste spending together time.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #5630
Lithium Flower
Handphones

For about two months when I worked at Barnes and Noble they had me scheduled as a morning stocker from 6am-9am when the store opened. That shift is already pretty much not even worth it but most days we had hardly any stock in because the store was TINY so I'd be finished in like..an hour. One day they had another gal in to stock with me and we finished in 40 minutes.

The really crappy part is that my mother had to drive me to work and pick me up. So she had to wake up at 6am and then go back home only for me to call her half an hour later :|
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #5631
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Quick little rant- why must I mentally be so much older than any of my peers my same age? Because as far as romance goes, it causes me to like people several years older than me (17-18 year olds) and vice versa.
Of course, I'm really not opposed to age differences like that (as long as the connection is there and the younger of the two doesn't feel pressured or in danger [And as long as they are able to keep from getting in any kind of legal trouble, if your state has such laws], I see no problem), but it is incredibly frustrating to know I'll probably have little to no chance of ever having a normal, lovey, teenage relationship because of both my sexuality and mental age- everyone I'm interested in or is interested in me is either a girl or a few years older than me, which neither of my parents is okay with, which means secret relationships all the time and no going out on dates and such..which is kind of a bummer.
I know, it is also hard because you may have a crush on someone older but they would never look at you in such a way because of your age. Your parents just have to put salt in the wound. I would say not to let them get you down.

Middle School students...please shut the hell up we are in a freaking library. I go to a k-12 school so i have to interact with them. I spend most of my time in the library working on my online classes, but it's hard to pay attention with them going on and on (loudly) about pointless stuff. It's a tiny library so I can't move away. Both the librarian and I have asked them to be quiet. I came to the library for quiet!
Youmu Akihito - Kyoukai no Kanata
Moves like Jaeger

Last edited by Loveable-Eve : 04-18-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #5632
Amanita

I got called in to work last night- it was supposed to be a night off, but the other guard got sick. Oh well, more money for the Dubai fund!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #5633
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Well that sounds worse than my job Emmers. I even got a raise but I hardly ever get my 40 hrs a week and it's suppose to be full time. I make about 200 every 2 weeks. Sometimes even less.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #5634
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I had to send my tablet in for repairs last month after it mysteriously stopped working... I just got it back today and it STILL isn't working... w/the exact same problem.

This is really trying my patience as I want to get back to drawing and was about to take on some commissions but it's put everything on hold for the past month. I was so anxious to get back to working on my stuff only to find out it's still broken??? I don't know whether to cry or go Ren Hoek angry on somebody. I kind of want to do both right now.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #5635
Lithium Flower
Handphones

You could work on some traditional stuff! It's always nice to spruce up on different mediums.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #5636
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Yeah, I've been trying to sketch some stuff out, but I have a bunch of WIPs that have been left out in the cold since the middle of March. Poor babies.

It's mostly that I sent it in (which was pretty stressful), patiently waited for it to come back, only for the problem not to be solved at all that is *really* bugging me. I have no real job, so all my funds for anything and everything come from the odds and ends that I'm able to sell. :/

If I had money I'd just buy some new hardware, but that's not an option right now and my current tablet is still under warranty so I should be able to get it replaced. They better send me a replacement this time :/
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #5637
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am with you on the 'odds and ends' thing broster. I sell in the artist alley and work on getting commissions online during the rest of the year and it's touuugggghhh out there. You have my sympathies.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #5638
Khorrupt

You know what pisses me off?

My friends usually tend to slack off on their work and rely on me to have done it so they can copy. Honestly, I usually don't care, but I draw the line at the part when I get something wrong and they bitch at me because it's not right.

We have these papers in microbiology that tell us "A patient comes in complaining of these symptoms:", with a list of symptoms and we have to name the disease. Frankly? I think it's really, really fun. Well, one of them said "a bite from a rabbit tick", and so I put lyme disease. Turns out it's tularemia.

Today, when that information was useful in class (ironically not to me), all three of my friends who copied from me said lyme disease, and a girl in the back of the class said tularemia. After the game was done, one of them had the audacity to tell me that if I like this class so much that I should be getting the answers right, at least.

Excuse me -- YOU signed up for this class, and whether you like the material as much as me or not, it's kind of your duty to do your work for it. If your FRIEND accidentally gives you the wrong answer (because I had put lyme disease on my paper as well), then you do not bitch and complain because I was the only one who cared enough to do the research but I made a mistake.

Sometimes I just hate people.

In-progress costumes~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Blue Beetle (Young Justice) - 45% complete - ON HOLD
~Ryuk (Death Note) - 50% complete
~Elsa (Frozen) - 20% complete
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - 5% complete
~kigurumi!Silkie - commission
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #5639
Ilafatyu
That guy

There are these two people in my life right now. One is an obnoxious asshole who complained for an hour about a moment of silence at his school, thirty seconds to honor those who were wounded and injured in the Boston Marathon bombing. The other is an oversensitive pseudo-therapist who starts deep discussions over nothing when she's not bouncing off the walls with puppylike joy and enthusiasm.

I can't get my modes straight. I make the asshole uncomfortable with semi-psychosociological observations and send the sensitive one into hour-long bouts of depression. Oops.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Utatane Piko - default (Vocaloid) - 90%
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #5640
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
My friends usually tend to slack off on their work and rely on me to have done it so they can copy. Honestly, I usually don't care, but I draw the line at the part when I get something wrong and they bitch at me because it's not right.
I would advise you not to let them copy because it's fine as long as you're getting things right. However, once you start missing things and they also start missing the same things, it will be suspicious. I doubt your friends will be courteous enough to say that THEY were the ones cheating and you shouldn't get in trouble.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Denmark
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote