Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #5716
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Zombies = perfect reason to panic.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #5717
Amanita

I pretty much agree with UsakoLuna and Penny Dreadful..The guy is dead, he's not going to harm anyone, and it's pointless to punish his family for his sins. They didn't do anything, and didn't have a clue that he was going to, either.

I remember after 9/11, reading that some of the hijacker's remains had been ID'ed. People were saying things like "Just throw them in the garbage" and so on. I understand that damn right, people were pissed. And it must have been awful for the families who still had no part of their own loved ones to bury. But I still believed that those remains should be returned to their families, even if they were hijackers. One, there's this thing called the moral high ground, about being the good guys and striving to do the right thing. And two, why do something to spite the families of those people? I am willing to bet that a lot of those hijacker's families were shocked that their sons were planning something like that, and just like anyone else, genuinely mourned their loss.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #5718
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
but can other parents really not empathize enough to see where the father was coming from? I really worry sometimes.
This is me going out on a limb;

I think a lot of that attitude comes from a place of 'them' versus 'us'. It happens to other people,but not my family. Just like every other thing in the world will happen to other people but never US. How many times do people show up on the news saying "I never thought it would happen to me/us"? Regardless of it's having their home destroyed by a natural disaster or their child committing a crime.

It's Us versus Them.

Heightened in this case more so because 'Them' are people with scary foreign names that the news reported 'might be Muslim' (seriously) and that's scary because my name is Bob Smith and this is America where Christianity is the majority religion. The Us versus Them role has been solidified. Middle class families who can't pronounce this boy's name and don't know if his morality lies with another God can't relate to a family they've already decided is on the other side.

Everything is boiled down to a black and white equation of Good guys versus Bad guys.
As if the world is super simple like that and all you have to do is figure out where the bad guy's are hiding in their secret underground lair.

It's easy to alienate other people so we don't have to consider what else there is in the world. That way people don't need to consider the families that are left behind or think about how they would feel in that situation. Because they already decided they never will need to be in their shoes. It's like people purposefully turn off their empathy switch.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #5719
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

My boss

"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #5720
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
My boss

Strange sense of deja vu
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #5721
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Death of loved ones can bring the worst out of all of us, it's a sad truth.

On the other hand, if a killer does his/her time and tries to turn around his/her life, it's a great step in the right direction if we would all just use the word "forgive".
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #5722
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
My boss

Is it even worth asking?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #5723
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

She already described one situation so I can assume the level of stupid "the boss" just pulled off.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #5724
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
scary foreign names
As somebody with an unpronounceable last name with origins in the former USSR, I was really worried when they first started reporting on the suspects and a radio show host couldn't say their last name.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #5725
Ilafatyu
That guy

It's fashionable to tell people that they aren't a real X, or they're not X enough. They live their live in X condition and they want to talk about it? Turns out they're not really X, not according the the real X. They wrote an article online, all the comments (there's your problem right there) say how they're not X and it's not X and nothing is X.

And it still feels cold at 75 degrees outside. That's ridiculous.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #5726
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
My boss

This about describes my entire day to a T. I swear, we need to install a punching bag back here. Today, I've stepped away from the counter to silently scream 4 times just to let it out so I didn't go off in front of a line full of customers.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #5727
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

For the love of....
For the last two days every single time I've gone into the bathroom I've come out to girlfriend's sister just standing there, waiting. Which is as creepy as it sounds. I think she's afraid to knock (the door doesn't latch tight) but she could knock on the frame, or say "Luna, I'm out here" or SOMETHING. And it's every time I go in. I got home from work 10 minutes ago, went in to change and there she was.
3am? There she is.
5 times yesterday? Yup.

I know she's not doing it on purpose but still... And I'm sure she's thinking "Every time I have to pee, Luna's in the bathroom"
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #5728
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

A con friend/acquaintance messaged me on Facebook saying what's up, and asking if I was going to an upcoming con. I told him that I was, and that I'll be back in a bit since I was eating dinner. After dinner I came back and messaged him. Of course Facebook shows that he has seen the message, but he doesn't reply. So what exactly did he even message me for to begin with? It's pretty damn annoying if someone messages you first and pretty much says nothing. Better off just not messaging me to begin with :/

Also I know he's not doing anything too important as he's still online and has posted other things/liked other post. This is also a frequent thing with the person. He'll message me randomly seeming like he wants to talk, but then barely even says anything and just stops responding after about 3 messages...

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #5729
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
A con friend/acquaintance messaged me on Facebook saying what's up, and asking if I was going to an upcoming con. I told him that I was, and that I'll be back in a bit since I was eating dinner. After dinner I came back and messaged him. Of course Facebook shows that he has seen the message, but he doesn't reply. So what exactly did he even message me for to begin with? It's pretty damn annoying if someone messages you first and pretty much says nothing. Better off just not messaging me to begin with :/

Also I know he's not doing anything too important as he's still online and has posted other things/liked other post. This is also a frequent thing with the person. He'll message me randomly seeming like he wants to talk, but then barely even says anything and just stops responding after about 3 messages...
OMG!! I know exactly what you're talking about..It's something a lot of people I text do. They go "Hey!!" And I say "hey" back, they say "What's up?" so I say (usually) "not much, just [insert passtime like tv or computer here]. How about you?"..................................Then nothing..They texted me just to say hi, and never message again for weeks on end..It's like, why the hell did they even bother to text me if you were never going to actually say anything?
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #5730
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
For the love of....
For the last two days every single time I've gone into the bathroom I've come out to girlfriend's sister just standing there, waiting. Which is as creepy as it sounds. I think she's afraid to knock (the door doesn't latch tight) but she could knock on the frame, or say "Luna, I'm out here" or SOMETHING. And it's every time I go in. I got home from work 10 minutes ago, went in to change and there she was.
3am? There she is.
5 times yesterday? Yup.

I know she's not doing it on purpose but still... And I'm sure she's thinking "Every time I have to pee, Luna's in the bathroom"
That's super awkward and creepy but kinda funny because you're probably right in that it's just weird coincidences that draw you together for bathroom shenanigans.

One time, when I was still living with Brando's folks, his dad thought that I was Brando's brother hogging the bathroom because he didn't realize that his brother had left and I just had to pee so he thought his brother was in the toilet for like, 20 minutes, and started knocking on the door yelling at 'Justin' to get out of the bathroom.

I was mid poop and didn't have the heart to reply so when I opened the door his dad just looked SUPER guilty and said "Oh".

His brother used to spend like, an hour and a half talking a shower each morning so by the time he was done everyone had to take a pee and was knocking on the door to get him to hurry up.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○