Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #5806
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I have no reason to believe in anything more meaningful than sex as of late.
Yeah... you sound frustrated. Though I couldn't say if it's sexually
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #5807
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Yeah... you sound frustrated. Though I couldn't say if it's sexually
Both? Both is good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #5808
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Well, no offense meant, but I'm not really sure what a 16-year-old who lives with her mom (parents?) has going on with her life that should be interesting to a 23-year-old dude. At 16 I was watching anime, fighting with my mom, and trying not to fail trig. At 23, I was a published comic book artist with a degree who wrote English adaptations for manga and taught people how to ride motorcycles on the weekends. Like, you go through a lot of changes between those years since it's a highly transitive period of life. Unless he is really immature or you have already lived a hugely full life, it just doesn't strike me as a good idea.

And I say this as somebody whose SO is 6.5 years younger, but we're both in the same place in life maturity-wise and life-experience-wise. (also we're both adults and were adults when we met)
We're both huge dorks that have bonded over our nerdy interests (anime, gaming, cosplay, webcomics, history, politics, etc.) and although I'm not very accomplished yet, I have been through a bit, and he thinks that although I'm a bit odd, I'm very interesting, motivated, and intelligent for my age.

He's a pessimist with low self-esteem, so he thinks he's rather boring, but I think the total opposite of him. I think my optimism has rubbed off a bit on him lately, he isn't nearly as hard on himself as he used to be. I guess I'm a positive influence on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Yeah, because it's different for everyone. My life at age 16 and 23 wasn't all that different.
THANK YOU
__________________
My username is an incredibly stupid pun that only I will get.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #5809
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger
 
Sybren117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,931
If a mate of mine dated a 16 year old when we were 23, I'd think it was pretty uncool. And I'd tell him so. It's like other people said, an age difference that big is socially acceptable if you're older (for example, my parents are 9 years apart) but when one of you is 16... I dunno, anyone you tell that to is gonna raise an eyebrow. Unless you tell Jimmy Saville. He'll raise a penis. (That's a paedophilia gag - classy).

I know it seems like unfair double standards, but you won't be able to change the fact that people don't react well to children dating grown ass men. Apart from Jimmy Saville. Dude reacts like fucking Francium to that shit.


...Or maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't got laid in ACTUAL YEARS.

Last edited by Sybren117 : 05-30-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #5810
belligerent
Viking Metal
 
belligerent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,382
My brother just turned 24. If he'd tried to date a 16 year old at 23, I'd have kicked his ass, not to put too fine a point on things. But I don't care that his current gf is 34 because they're both adults.
__________________
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #5811
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave
 
toshirua3846384's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 615
Well i was 16 when i dated a 20 year old, its now 7 1/2 years later and im still with him, i guess it really depends on the bond between the people involved.
__________________
Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me
Postman: All right Mr. Burns what's your first name
Homer: I don't know....

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #5812
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
If a mate of mine dated a 16 year old when we were 23, I'd think it was pretty uncool. And I'd tell him so. It's like other people said, an age difference that big is socially acceptable if you're older (for example, my parents are 9 years apart) but when one of you is 16... I dunno, anyone you tell that to is gonna raise an eyebrow. Unless you tell Jimmy Saville. He'll raise a penis. (That's a paedophilia gag - classy).

I know it seems like unfair double standards, but you won't be able to change the fact that people don't react well to children dating grown ass men. Apart from Jimmy Saville. Dude reacts like fucking Francium to that shit.


...Or maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't got laid in ACTUAL YEARS.
Hey, he ain't getting laid either. He told me that he won't make any sexual moves on me until I'm 18, even though at 17 (which I will be next month) I'm legal in my area.

I don't know who all he's told yet about "us" (We're going to wait to tell certain people/go Facebook official until my birthday) but I know our mutual friends are all very cool with it, mainly because they know that he always has good intentions, tries to do the right thing, that he really does love me, and that he would never hurt me. Plus they think that we're one of the cutest couples they've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
My brother just turned 24. If he'd tried to date a 16 year old at 23, I'd have kicked his ass, not to put too fine a point on things. But I don't care that his current gf is 34 because they're both adults.
If anyone kicks his ass, I'll kick theirs twice as hard. I'm a rather protective girl.

Just some food for thought...would you be okay with your brother at 16/17 dating his current girlfriend if she were 23?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Well i was 16 when i dated a 20 year old, its now 7 1/2 years later and im still with him, i guess it really depends on the bond between the people involved.
I agree wholeheartedly.
__________________
My username is an incredibly stupid pun that only I will get.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #5813
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
We're both huge dorks that have bonded over our nerdy interests (anime, gaming, cosplay, webcomics, history, politics, etc.) and although I'm not very accomplished yet, I have been through a bit, and he thinks that although I'm a bit odd, I'm very interesting, motivated, and intelligent for my age.

He's a pessimist with low self-esteem, so he thinks he's rather boring, but I think the total opposite of him. I think my optimism has rubbed off a bit on him lately, he isn't nearly as hard on himself as he used to be. I guess I'm a positive influence on him.
Of course he is. He's dating a sixteen year old. You can play the "I'm mature for my age" song & dance all you want; he's still dating a minor. It's weird.

Here's my advice: break it off with him for a few days. If any crazy comes to the surface, stay broken up. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of trouble down the road if you do.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #5814
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Of course he is. He's dating a sixteen year old. You can play the "I'm mature for my age" song & dance all you want; he's still dating a minor. It's weird.

Here's my advice: break it off with him for a few days. If any crazy comes to the surface, stay broken up. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of trouble down the road if you do.
Sam, you know what happens when relationship advice happens on coscom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #5815
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Sam, you know what happens when relationship advice happens on coscom
She's free to ignore it, but it's still sound advice.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #5816
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit
 
LoliLovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Sam, you know what happens when relationship advice happens on coscom
Some of the best relationship advice I've gotten was from coscom, and now I've been with an awesome person for almost 10 months xD

Anyways, I totally see where the age thing would be kinda strange, and even if the gender roles were switched, I'd still find it strange...but that's MY opinion.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #5817
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Anyways, I totally see where the age thing would be kinda strange, and even if the gender roles were switched, I'd still find it strange...but that's MY opinion.
If it were a 23-year-old woman dating a 16-year-old boy, I'd find it EXTREMELY strange. I would have a lot of questions about that relationship. Not that I don't have a lot of questions about 23-year-olds scammin on 16-year-olds in general.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #5818
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Of course he is. He's dating a sixteen year old. You can play the "I'm mature for my age" song & dance all you want; he's still dating a minor. It's weird.

Here's my advice: break it off with him for a few days. If any crazy comes to the surface, stay broken up. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of trouble down the road if you do.
These past few months, I've been through a LOT to get with him. I'm already happier with him than I have been in my entire 1.5 year-long-relationship with my 19-year-old ex. (Who I was in love with up until the last couple months.) My boyfriend's the most amazing person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

No thanks on the advice. No point in risking ruining something special just because some stranger on the net told me to. The only advice I asked for is how to explain my relationship to my mom. (My dad is cool with my relationship as long as my boyfriend treats me right and I won't be 17 and pregnant. Considering that he already treats me like a princess and that we won't have sex until I'm at least 18, neither of those is a problem.)

I know it's weird. I'm weird. I can't bring myself to be attracted to anyone under 20. I know you think I'm young. I know you think I'm probably immature and stupid. Perhaps I may be. I know you think that this is a bad idea. But if this turns out to be a mistake, (and that's a very big if) then that's something I'm going to have to figure out on my own.

So my relationship doesn't fit your standards. Too bad. But you seem to be a lot like my ex. You don't know a single thing about this guy other than what I have said here in the past day or so, and yet you waltz on in here, acting like you've decoded him. Want a medal? If you actually knew the guy, I guarantee you that you wouldn't be saying any of this about him and would be touched to see such a kind soul in a happy relationship.

In the words of Rochelle Rock, "I don't need this! My man has TWO jobs!" (Hey, it's true )
__________________
My username is an incredibly stupid pun that only I will get.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #5819
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
If it were a 23-year-old woman dating a 16-year-old boy, I'd find it EXTREMELY strange. I would have a lot of questions about that relationship. Not that I don't have a lot of questions about 23-year-olds scammin on 16-year-olds in general.
The reason I said that is because older-woman/younger-man relationships seem to be more socially acceptable than the flipside. I can also guarantee you that he isn't "scammin" on me.
__________________
My username is an incredibly stupid pun that only I will get.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #5820
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
If it were a 23-year-old woman dating a 16-year-old boy, I'd find it EXTREMELY strange. I would have a lot of questions about that relationship. Not that I don't have a lot of questions about 23-year-olds scammin on 16-year-olds in general.
How many reports have there been in the past few years concerning female teachers in their 20s and 30s having sex with underage students? It's everywhere.

If you're two years out of college and dating a sophomore in high school because you relate to them, something is amiss.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.