Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #5911
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Your friend sounds sucky.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #5912
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Your friend sounds sucky.
She's always kind of been this way, but NEVER this bad. I just want to know what the hell has gotten into her, really, and caused her to treat me so badly and expect so much in response. It never really started being so horrible until last year, and has started up again with a vengeance recently.
I don't want to go against my "blame the fan, not the fandom" policy, but she only ever seems to treat me this badly when she's part of a big fandom; first Hetalia, now Homestuck. I wonder if I just become insignificant to her when I'm not a part of the fandom she's obsessed with, as that is the vibe I've been getting from her.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #5913
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
She's always kind of been this way, but NEVER this bad. I just want to know what the hell has gotten into her, really, and caused her to treat me so badly and expect so much in response. It never really started being so horrible until last year, and has started up again with a vengeance recently.
I don't want to go against my "blame the fan, not the fandom" policy, but she only ever seems to treat me this badly when she's part of a big fandom; first Hetalia, now Homestuck. I wonder if I just become insignificant to her when I'm not a part of the fandom she's obsessed with, as that is the vibe I've been getting from her.
Basically this most of the time with the kind of person she seems.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #5914
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
[/i]

If at any point you two had a decent friendship, I would first talk to her about it and how you feel. Mind you, everyone deals with situations different. If I view the friend as worth it, then I try and fix it. However, many times when I try to talk to people and fix things they run away from it by either getting mad or just saying they don't wanna talk about it. And you know, if they can't appreciate you to listen to your feelings and talk about things, they aren't worth it. I'd stay away from people who cause such a negative impact.
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #5915
KittyCourtz
Prissy Princess

I've been having a really rough time with my art, especially trying to get commissions. Since I'm a perfectionist, I won't draw something until I have all the reference images I need to make it look perfect. Some days I won't end up drawing anything and I'll feel like crap later at night. I sometimes hate myself for not being able to overcome my issues. =( Also, I have no idea how else to get people to buy my art, seeing as some stuff is a little risque (did I say a little? I meant A LOT). I at least want people buying my cat art, maybe of the some pin ups as well.
KittyCourtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #5916
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCourtz View Post
I've been having a really rough time with my art, especially trying to get commissions. Since I'm a perfectionist, I won't draw something until I have all the reference images I need to make it look perfect. Some days I won't end up drawing anything and I'll feel like crap later at night. I sometimes hate myself for not being able to overcome my issues. =( Also, I have no idea how else to get people to buy my art, seeing as some stuff is a little risque (did I say a little? I meant A LOT). I at least want people buying my cat art, maybe of the some pin ups as well.
I feel you bro, I often find myself working on a piece over several weeks. Just going back and reworking things again and again but never fully happy. The only way I'v come to really find some level of contentment in what I draw is to draw every damn day. No matter how horrendously shit it is.

If you want to get out of heavily relying on reference's (not that there's anything wrong with using them) so heavily maybe try the 30 second pose work? I am sure youtube has plenty of videos full of life models for you to use.

I find that I don't really feel satisfied myself just using a reference for everything, but once I am able to go a little further on my own and see a reference but not need it in it's entirety I end up happier with my results.

@FuntomKitten;
I believe we refer to that kind of friend as a 'leech'. They are fine to receive the efforts of people around them but will not give time and energy into maintaining relationships.

Dare I say she's gotten worse because her friends pander to her? How is she suppose to get her shit together if everyone around her just grumbles and does what she asks? Not that it's your fault she's a jerk, but you're not a human door mat the last time I checked; unless you're a new hybrid species that is.

People aren't your friends when they take and don't give.

People aren't your friends if they make you feel shitty about yourself, your life, or your choices.

People aren't your friends when they use and manipulate you as a means to an end.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #5917
harmonyisarine

FuntomKitten, I have a friend who does that occasionally. He's a great friend, fun guy, but gets so excited and into things that he treats his old friends as afterthoughts, and it's always worse right before a convention, and he doesn't even has age as an excuse as we're both quite out of college. I was so frustrated with him last year that I nearly just cut all ties, but I wanted to give him one last chance.

Talk to your friend. But first, you need to make sure that you are calm. Talk in a neutral location, if possible (a park, another friend's house (but make that friend promise not to interfere, and hold them to it), places not your home and not her home). Tell her that you are hurt and frustrated by this. Do not blame her for things, it makes people defensive. Decide beforehand if you want to give her one more chance or not. If not, be very clear. If so, don't let her string you along if she violates whatever terms you agree on. It's hard to hold to it, but it's better for you in the long run. A good friend who did this unintentionally will try hard to at least realize when they're trivializing you. A not-good friend... they'll just keep on with it.

Though I do agree with Lithium Flower, a friend shouldn't make you miserable.
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #5918
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoxXxDeath View Post
I have talked with her about it actually, but she's still really insensitive about it like its no big deal at all. Really I'm just waiting for her to go away to college so I don't have to deal with her since I rarely talk to her, I even told her that she needed to stop, it makes me uncomfortable, everything that she was doing with outing me to every single person we come across (seriously she's outed me to perfect strangers such as cons or even at the mall) . Just ugh man, she kills my mood and I never enjoy anymore if I hang out with some friends and she's there
A friend doesn't ignore your feelings, especially when it comes to who you are. I would say to not hang out with her.

I fear my friend is mad at me, we're working on getting an Artist Alley Table together at Kumoricon. I missed our last meeting because I was in a horrible mood (big argument with boyfriend to the point where I was ignoring him) and now I have to miss this next one due to a kumoricon staff meeting.
And I haven't been drawing, thanks to being in a bad mood.

Dang it, the argument I had with my boyfriend is about my Gender identity. He has a hard time wrapping his head around the idea of gender fluid. Which is understandable, it's odd to someone who has grown up in our binary society. When we first got into this argument he was sleepy and wasn't think straight and was sorry for being a jerk afterwards. He said he would try to understand and accept me.
WELL now he says he can't think of me as male. Since my male name (Eve) is a woman's name and my female name (Alex) is more neutral. He needs more time to understand it.
I know people need time to take in the idea when you come out to them, but I don't want him to just call me female because that's not who I am.
Youmu Akihito - Kyoukai no Kanata
Moves like Jaeger

Last edited by Loveable-Eve : 06-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #5919
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

It is so god damned hot in my workspace right now. I'm in a windowless room, no airflow, and it's 88 degrees outside, which makes it kinda like sitting in locked car right now. If you walk into the showroom you can literally feel where the AC stops and the heat begins, like walking through an invisible wall. I miss driving for a living.
“You’re better than having to deal with assholes. You’re better than people who don’t honor you. You’re fucking awesome, this is your journey, and it should not be slowed down—I don’t care if it’s your boss, your boyfriend, or your fucking dog. Anyone that doesn’t dig your shit, then you need to move on, because we don’t have time to waste. However, you do have an obligation: You–must–rock.” -Greg Behrendt
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #5920
sam vimes
A real live wire

It's quite breezy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #5921
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
It is so god damned hot in my workspace right now. I'm in a windowless room, no airflow, and it's 88 degrees outside, which makes it kinda like sitting in locked car right now. If you walk into the showroom you can literally feel where the AC stops and the heat begins, like walking through an invisible wall. I miss driving for a living.
I know that feel. It's been like living in an oven here for the last few days.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #5922
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It's quite breezy here.
“You’re better than having to deal with assholes. You’re better than people who don’t honor you. You’re fucking awesome, this is your journey, and it should not be slowed down—I don’t care if it’s your boss, your boyfriend, or your fucking dog. Anyone that doesn’t dig your shit, then you need to move on, because we don’t have time to waste. However, you do have an obligation: You–must–rock.” -Greg Behrendt
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #5923
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #5924
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

It finally got nice and sunny here, but the wind managed to still make it not particularly warm. AND I GOT A DAMN SUNBURN FROM TRYING TO GET WARM. When will I learn I'm not a reptile and need to protect my skin when I bask in warm sun?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #5925
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Stop coplaining, I got soaked on the way home from school today. Summer's coming and Portland wants to have a downpour....
Youmu Akihito - Kyoukai no Kanata
Moves like Jaeger
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote