Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #5986
Amanita

So my mom's out of the house for a couple of days..I can get at the kitchen table to work on my costume..but NOW my damn neck decides to act up and start hurting on me..this is how tension headaches get started. Guess I'd better eat pain pills before busting out the straight pins. Ugh.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #5987
TechnoxXxDeath

Finally told off my friend I had mentioned in one of the earlier posts, I just, ugh, I didn't have any more patience for her when she started with the insensitive comments again. (Even after I sat down and talked with her about it, and how it makes me uncomfortable)

I just, uuuugggggggh, I have way too much going on right now that I could handle any of her crap towards me. I don't care if you're being a jealous brat because guys are more attracted to me, I don't have interest in them, but I can't help it if I can relate to something better then you. Or that you and your boyfriend are being freakin babies about being two hours away from each other once you go to college.

Just too much man, I have my problems that are stressing me out. Family crap, health issues, and my own relationship problems, I really don't want to take anyone else's crap right now. Since while normally I have no problem listening to my friends' problems about stuff, just right now, I can't and I wish they'd remember I have a life too, even if it is shitty right now.

Ugggh, just uggh.
TechnoxXxDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #5988
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Techno: Sometimes you jsut got to ignore some people if it's not a life or death thing. She sounds kinda of shallow so I don't think it will go that far anytime soon. Save your own sanity first
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #5989
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Either something is wrong with cosplay.com or its my home wifi, and I think it's my wifi. I was in the middle of posting something yesterday and all of a sudden the website timed out and said "cannot connect to server cosplay.com" I figured the website was down because it didn't work on my phone, iPad, or desktop. I took my iPad to school though, and once on the school wifi I saw that it wasn't just back, it had never gone down at all, just for me.

Now I'm back home and I can't get on again, so I'm typing this on the tiny screen of my 3G phone DX this majorly sucks, I want my website access back!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #5990
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
So my mom's out of the house for a couple of days..I can get at the kitchen table to work on my costume..but NOW my damn neck decides to act up and start hurting on me..this is how tension headaches get started. Guess I'd better eat pain pills before busting out the straight pins. Ugh.
This is me right now!!! I finally get a weekend where my buddies aren't asking me to hang out, and now my head is killing me and I feel sleepy as hell.

2014 plans:
TGS2014 - Zhurong (DW8) and fem!Kotetsu (Tiger&Bunny)
BIGBANG Concert - Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
Winter Comiket - ???

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #5991
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

So, new lesson learned. Maybe we don't go to the movie that gets out at 1 am when we have to work at 7 am. So damn tired. My body does NOT function like it did in my early 20's.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #5992
Amanita

So I finally got that damn skirt hemmed, and OMG, thin cotton like that goes all kinds of wonky when you try to sew a curved hem on it. Ugh. It looks awful, I might encase that whole goddamn hem in gold bias tape just to cover it up.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #5993
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Either something is wrong with cosplay.com or its my home wifi, and I think it's my wifi. I was in the middle of posting something yesterday and all of a sudden the website timed out and said "cannot connect to server cosplay.com" I figured the website was down because it didn't work on my phone, iPad, or desktop. I took my iPad to school though, and once on the school wifi I saw that it wasn't just back, it had never gone down at all, just for me.

Now I'm back home and I can't get on again, so I'm typing this on the tiny screen of my 3G phone DX this majorly sucks, I want my website access back!
It's probably the website as I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had no trouble connecting to any other website, so I knew it wasn't my wifi.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #5994
°Valkyrie°

Eye Makeup? FUUUU

I am so frustrated! I haven't worn eye make-up since highschool and now I'm trying it out again for the sake of cosplay, but I have no idea where to start! I have a huge color palette but I am clueless when it comes to matching and blending colors! Also, my spandex dress just doesn't want to sew straight without bunching and I can't afford a Overlock machine because of how much my materials are costing (even when using %50 of coupons for EVERYTHING)
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #5995
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
It's probably the website as I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had no trouble connecting to any other website, so I knew it wasn't my wifi.
maybe it's a weird meshing of the website with my home network XP but that's slightly relieving to know that someone else had this and it worked out. At least I have my phone and I can only hope it comes back soon
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #5996
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Valkyrie° View Post
I am so frustrated! I haven't worn eye make-up since highschool and now I'm trying it out again for the sake of cosplay, but I have no idea where to start! I have a huge color palette but I am clueless when it comes to matching and blending colors! Also, my spandex dress just doesn't want to sew straight without bunching and I can't afford a Overlock machine because of how much my materials are costing (even when using %50 of coupons for EVERYTHING)

Look up many tutorials! It's what I had to do to learn.
And spandex is eevil to sew. I can only think to look up suggestions people have to sew it.~

In my real world, I am not at all partial to specific co-workers. They need to quit now before summer as they will not be able to handle it. Being a vet assistant and kennel worker for a vet's is not at all easy. I really hate that people think it'll all be playing with animals on fluffy clouds the whole day.
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #5997
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

Ended up ip banned off the site for a few days ( had no clue what happened at first or anything like that till i looked up some stuff ) well luckily thanks to some help from a friend and emailing the site admin i was able to get it back up and on...

Those few days were ;-; i never realized just how often i try to visit the site and check out the fourms...

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #5998
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

I JUST found out that ANA and United Airlines had changed their baggage allowance for all economy flights to just one bag. This really annoys me, because I wanted to take a second small suitcase for when I visit the States this summer. I was also hoping to have my parents bring empty suitcases if they were to visit me and help me move stuff back home. I HATE airlines so much...

2014 plans:
TGS2014 - Zhurong (DW8) and fem!Kotetsu (Tiger&Bunny)
BIGBANG Concert - Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
Winter Comiket - ???

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #5999
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Fuuuuck. This headdress for my four elements costume is just not wanting to look good in any way. I don't have time to redesign/remake it because the festival is this coming weekend, and it just looks coarsely thrown together and just plain BAD. EVEN MORE so with my hair. I need it cut but that'll only solve a third of the issue. And I can't decide if I should leave out the half-veil on the back or not. It's going to be several hours of handsewing and I can't seem to figure out just where and how to attach it. But it'll hide my heinously-pinned hair underneath.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #6000
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker^^ View Post
Ended up ip banned off the site for a few days ( had no clue what happened at first or anything like that till i looked up some stuff ) well luckily thanks to some help from a friend and emailing the site admin i was able to get it back up and on...

Those few days were ;-; i never realized just how often i try to visit the site and check out the fourms...
A few of us have been getting mistakenly banned. There was some kind of site maintenance going on and for about a week I couldn't access the site on my normal internet connection. If I was on an alternate one, like an open wifi network, I could access it fine.

Seeing as you where 'unbanned' my guess is that's what was up with your account too.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote