Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #6016
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Wouldn't they complain more about the noise if the kids were in bed as opposed to outside or awake?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #6017
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

No. They wouldn't be able to hear the gun from inside as it's not loud enough.
Now, maybe if I had a leaf blower.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #6018
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

I hope I don't get a lot of heat for this, but...

Sometimes certain parts of the Mega Man fanbase drive me up a wall. There's a reason I tend to respond with my avatar image and the caption "Your tears are delicious", and it's not just because Proto Man is a jackass in the RS series:

I remember some of 'em getting pretty mad when Dr. Wiley wasn't put in the final version of Wreck-It Ralph even though he looked more like a "Get off my lawn" kind of guy and not an evil scientist. One person on an image board would make it a point to post the corresponding screencap as a reminder that he's not gonna be in it and it just made me think, "Do you seriously like their portrayal of Dr. Wiley? Chances are if he was in it, you'd be bitching because of how his design doesn't reflect his demeanor." I hope they're happy with the SSB news and don't piss and moan that it's not an entirely new Mega Man game so it doesn't count for anything.

Thankfully most fans aren't as unreasonable as the people I mentioned above but it still gets to me sometimes - especially considering a series I like isn't gonna be getting love any time soon and wasn't even that popular to start with.

What sparked this rant was probably how I bought Devil Children: Black Book and found out the only translation out there hasn't been worked on for about a decade so I have no way to get mah fix, and me posting on another site about the lack of a proper Proto helmet got a response about Mayguh Man being in the next SSB game.

Last edited by Captain Kaiba : 06-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #6019
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

EDIT: Got it out and decided I probably don't want it to be public after all. ^^; Woops.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 06-18-2013 at 09:28 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #6020
Isikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Yea i think its his problem, but then our previous debate over women in combat didn't help things out. So with this in combination with the field day competition we had, i don't think it helped. All i said was if any human is strong or more than capable enough to get things done then their gender shouldn't matter. <---This is what started the debate. And when i said that, that is when he decided to involve himself. That's when his rebuttal was nothing but misogynistic rhetoric that later turned to "Because im a guy i can beat you at anything physical because your a girl, because genetically your not strong enough, and women don't belong in combat because they are all by fact weaker then men." While i do agree that on average this is true for some women i cannot agree that this should be the generalization for all women as there are too many exceptions. Besides even if it is a complete fact i know that im a exception because of how much i can lift and other things i can do.

I especially feel like its more of his fault for even challenging me when he knows for a fact that my family do combat activities (like tae kwon do) and weight lifting for hobbies, but i guess he either thought that i sucked at all those activities or the fact that i had two balls of fat on my chest and a non-existent member ment that i would loose and loose horribly at that. I don't know if i ever really want to associate with him really so much anymore. But If he comes around and sincerely apologize then im willing to forgive him.
Wow, your friend's logic really annoys me. He's probably insecure and can't live with himself if he doesn't feel like he's better than 50% of the popularion because he has a penis.
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #6021
MidnightMinx90

Mother Night, I am so tired of people and I don't want anyone to be within a ten-mile radius of me right now
When I'm pissed off, I normally play L4D (killin zombies really helps relieve the anger), but I can't because my tv's in my sis's room and she's sleeping (it's 23:20 here now).
I want to have the TV and Xbox 360 in my room so my mom doesn't have to kick me out around ten every night, but I've basically no place for the telly in my room, but it would help me so much to have it here instead...

Right now I'm so pissed off because I've spent AGES trying to write through my deep, long writer's block phase, and then I got a bit of critisism from a friend and I'm so mentally exhausted it just pushed me right over the edge because I just don't want to try to fix something I've spent ages on, ain't pleased with and don't want to look at for at least two weeks

And of COURSE mom's gotta ask me WHY I'm in such a bad mood and gets annyoed with me when I won't answer

I'm almost 23, I don't need her to need an explanation for every mood I'm in

On top of that I'm getting really stressed out, because I've only got a little over a week to make my Night Mother AND Nocturnal cosplay and I've only sown two seems on the Night Mother outfit (haven't even BEGUN planning how to do Nocturnal yet) and on top of that I need to figure out the makeup solution

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead

Last edited by MidnightMinx90 : 06-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #6022
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I have the worst luck...For a while now, I've been trying to pick a package up that's been waiting for me in the apartment complex's leasing office. It's been there since last Friday (the 14th) and so many things have kept me from getting to the office in time before it closes... *sighs heavily*

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #6023
Khorrupt

Friend's logic: "If I've been doing something longer than you have, I'm obviously better at it.

If you've been doing something longer than I have then it's luck if you're better at it."

...what...

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #6024
Isikaru

I'm having similar problems to Midnight's...Except with art.

I haven't drawn anything I like in so long. No matter how hard I try, it just...doesn't work. But I've still been doing commissions anyway to raise money for conventions and whatnot.

So a friend wanted to help "support" me and commissioned me to draw a scene from their fanfiction. But when I finished said commission they acted totally disappointed and like they didn't want to pay me. =| Not to mention other commissioners that have asked for something and then proceeded to ignore me once I send them a WIP. I've probably just wasted my time and energy as I doubt they will ever get back to me.

At this point I'm just tired of being nice. Maybe in the future I'll just say "I refuse to start on your shit commission until you've payed me in full". Because really. Drawing is not fun for me right now, and I hate that I have been forcing myself for pretty much nothing. It's like...if you don't like it, what the f*ck do you expect me to do about it? I've already done the best I can. If that's not enough, I'm sorry, but as the commissioner it's YOUR risk if it comes out in a way you don't like, not mine.

Ugh...Really getting tired of people.

Now I'm just very uninspired, and I still have more commissions and things to do. =|
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #6025
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isikaru View Post
I'm having similar problems to Midnight's...Except with art.

I haven't drawn anything I like in so long. No matter how hard I try, it just...doesn't work. But I've still been doing commissions anyway to raise money for conventions and whatnot.

So a friend wanted to help "support" me and commissioned me to draw a scene from their fanfiction. But when I finished said commission they acted totally disappointed and like they didn't want to pay me. =| Not to mention other commissioners that have asked for something and then proceeded to ignore me once I send them a WIP. I've probably just wasted my time and energy as I doubt they will ever get back to me.

At this point I'm just tired of being nice. Maybe in the future I'll just say "I refuse to start on your shit commission until you've payed me in full". Because really. Drawing is not fun for me right now, and I hate that I have been forcing myself for pretty much nothing. It's like...if you don't like it, what the f*ck do you expect me to do about it? I've already done the best I can. If that's not enough, I'm sorry, but as the commissioner it's YOUR risk if it comes out in a way you don't like, not mine.

Ugh...Really getting tired of people.

Now I'm just very uninspired, and I still have more commissions and things to do. =|
If you don't feel satisfied with your drawing abilities, maybe you're taking on projects that are too ambitious.

In terms of payment, yes you should be paid up front.

For the commissions I do I require half payment up front before I begin. I will send two samples of how the commission is going; one of the very roughest sketch in case some changes need to be made and a one of the image near completion for any minor touch ups. Once I've sent the second sample I receive the final half of the payment and will provide the completed work within 7 days of receiving the final payment.

Some people prefer just paying it all up front, but some of the projects I do can be pricey so I generally offer a half up front and half at the end way of getting my payments.

Either way, I don't begin until I've been paid.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #6026
Isikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
If you don't feel satisfied with your drawing abilities, maybe you're taking on projects that are too ambitious.

In terms of payment, yes you should be paid up front.

For the commissions I do I require half payment up front before I begin. I will send two samples of how the commission is going; one of the very roughest sketch in case some changes need to be made and a one of the image near completion for any minor touch ups. Once I've sent the second sample I receive the final half of the payment and will provide the completed work within 7 days of receiving the final payment.

Some people prefer just paying it all up front, but some of the projects I do can be pricey so I generally offer a half up front and half at the end way of getting my payments.

Either way, I don't begin until I've been paid.
It's not that. The projects I'm taking on have actually been very easy to draw. And even the personal artwork I've been trying to do lately has just been...frustratingly not satisfying. I feel like no matter how much I study and practice I'm just never going to be able to draw the way I want to.

I didn't want to have to do it like that, but I guess I will. I don't want to split payment, since I don't charge much in the first place. I feel like I'll chase some people away from wanting to commission me if it's all up front payment as they'll think I may take the money and run but...At least if I do that I won't keep getting f*cked over.

*sigh* Oh how I wish people had integrity.
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #6027
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isikaru View Post
It's not that. The projects I'm taking on have actually been very easy to draw. And even the personal artwork I've been trying to do lately has just been...frustratingly not satisfying. I feel like no matter how much I study and practice I'm just never going to be able to draw the way I want to.

I didn't want to have to do it like that, but I guess I will. I don't want to split payment, since I don't charge much in the first place. I feel like I'll chase some people away from wanting to commission me if it's all up front payment as they'll think I may take the money and run but...At least if I do that I won't keep getting f*cked over.

*sigh* Oh how I wish people had integrity.
For commissions under $20 I just get it all up front, but some of the stuff I sell can get a little up there :P Either way it's definitely good practice to get something up front.

As for not being satisfied with your style, really don't beat yourself up so much about it. Every great artist you come across that seems to pump out nothing but perfection isn't going to have that same style 20 years down the line. Eventually we will learn new things and figure out something we couldn't figure out before. You aren't going to be forever 'stuck' flopping around.

'Eventually' doesn't sound particularly hopeful I am sure, but it's a place we all get to.

#artishardman
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #6028
Lidaea
Frightened Rabbit

Boyfriend's not being very compromising at all.. He won't work with me when it comes to what I want to do, like going out of state to another college to pursue my career (there are no options in my state). :| Annoying. He could at least try to compromise.

Facebook
Lidaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #6029
Isikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
For commissions under $20 I just get it all up front, but some of the stuff I sell can get a little up there :P Either way it's definitely good practice to get something up front.

As for not being satisfied with your style, really don't beat yourself up so much about it. Every great artist you come across that seems to pump out nothing but perfection isn't going to have that same style 20 years down the line. Eventually we will learn new things and figure out something we couldn't figure out before. You aren't going to be forever 'stuck' flopping around.

'Eventually' doesn't sound particularly hopeful I am sure, but it's a place we all get to.

#artishardman
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.
Changing my payment rules in my DA journal right now.

TRUDGE FORWARD I MUST
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #6030
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Boyfriend's not being very compromising at all.. He won't work with me when it comes to what I want to do, like going out of state to another college to pursue my career (there are no options in my state). :| Annoying. He could at least try to compromise.
Is this a different dude than the one you broke up with before, I hope?
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote