Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #6046
Scarecrow1992
Enthusiast of the Obscure
 
Scarecrow1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 637
So just to give a little background before I completely unload here, I have what amounts to manic depression, so my perspective on things may seem a bit skewed.

So now I'm convinced that I'm the world's punching bag, a guinea pig for finding new ways to piss society off. I worked for hours on one piece of music for a friend and I accidentally deleted it while cleaning out my computer. So needless to say I've been in a sour mood ever since. And then there's my inferiority complex chiming in. I have a terrible self esteem problem and can sometimes be rather thin-skinned and overly apologetic. It's like I'm a combination of angry and depressed, and to top it off, I feel like no one wants to listen to me.
__________________
Completed Cosplay:
Red Sniper (TF2)
Wreck it Ralph (Wreck it Ralph)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)
Mankind (WWE)
Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
Mr. Van Driessen (Beavis and Butthead)
The Riddler
The Undertaker (WWE)
Mike Schmidt (Five Nights at Freddy's)

Working on:
Captain 'Murica (20%)
Leatherface (0%)

Planned:
Foxy (FNAF)
Beach Bear (Rockafire Explosion)
Macho Man Randy Savage

Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #6047
belligerent
Viking Metal
 
belligerent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,556
LOL oh man that fitness forum. I do not want to get in fights tonight.
__________________
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #6048
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
LOL oh man that fitness forum. I do not want to get in fights tonight.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #6049
MidnightMinx90
Registered User
 
MidnightMinx90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 43
I'm so tired of not being able to sleep at night. I WANT to sleep, but I can't stop thinking and I think about things I shouldn't think about.
No wonder I'm in a haze most of the day...

Mom thinks that if I get up earlier in the morning (eight preferably), I'll be able to sleep earlier...
__________________
SuperWhoLocked, Witch, Blood, Audience member, SHIELD agent, APERTURE test subject, bookaddicted geek/nerd, gamer


Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #6050
Loveable-Eve
Otome Trash
 
Loveable-Eve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow1992 View Post
So just to give a little background before I completely unload here, I have what amounts to manic depression, so my perspective on things may seem a bit skewed.

So now I'm convinced that I'm the world's punching bag, a guinea pig for finding new ways to piss society off. I worked for hours on one piece of music for a friend and I accidentally deleted it while cleaning out my computer. So needless to say I've been in a sour mood ever since. And then there's my inferiority complex chiming in. I have a terrible self esteem problem and can sometimes be rather thin-skinned and overly apologetic. It's like I'm a combination of angry and depressed, and to top it off, I feel like no one wants to listen to me.
^Like delete delete the piece? So it's in the trashbin folder?
__________________
Stuff I hope to do by the end of the year:
Prism - Original design: Done except for the bow
Akihito Kanbara (Idol) - Kyoukai no Kanata: Need to add details
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #6051
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
I swear as soon as I pass my stupid licensing test I'm burning the 2 study books I have! I'm so sick of looking at them! XD My brain just hurts really bad now from looking at them so much
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #6052
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
I have to say...I am absolutely and utterly sick of all my close friends only talking to me when they need me for something, and then "dropping off the face of the planet" at any other time. Now, these people are usually the coolest, kindest ones I know. But as of late it seems everyone's desire to have any sort of meaningful conversation with me has dropped down to nothing, it most certainly is not the first time, and I am absolutely SICK of it. I could turn to other friends but they mostly just want to joke and mess around when I'm not in the mood or blatantly tell me to stop whining because they're going through "worse" stuff.
Why do I even bother trying to socialize anymore. Every time I start to seriously enjoy talking or roleplaying with someone, they immediately forget about me and go about other business. What am I doing wrong? You say you were too busy to do anything and that's why you haven't contacted me...yet I see you happily posting away on every other form of social media that doesn't involve talking to me, nearly every day. Yes, I am pissy after a while and that can cause them not to talk to me, I'm well aware. But it takes them ignoring me for well over a day or two to get me pissy enough to actively snap at them - so that isn't my problem.
All I'm asking for is a simple fucking "I may be busy for a few days" if you're going to be busy and won't have time to talk. 2 seconds to write it out and send it to me. NOT implied, NOT assumed, NOT that you thought I would get the message by you ignoring me. Because the only message I'm getting is that everyone hates me and doesn't want to speak to me because I'm an annoying, whiny ass, and it's starting to very seriously get to me. I'm trying to tough it out and accept that they just don't have the time for me right now because I must be a handful, but when everyone simultaneously slaps you in the face with a lack of communication for no spoken reason..it gets really damn lonely and depressing. And being locked up in the house every weekday because of said friends never talking or making plans with me and both my parents working.. most certainly doesn't help. I'm trying to find stuff to occupy myself with, but..I don't have a lot of materials for crafty projects..I'm getting too restless and bored for video games..my drawing skills never seem to improve and all I ever draw is useless doodles nowadays, bumming me out more..and I may get a lucky break from writer's block long enough to write a few chapters of fanfiction, but then it comes back with a vengeance once I look over a piece of writing and see any silly mistakes or plot holes.
I am not joking when I say I need a life. I just wish my friends would allow me to have a reason to or want to get out of the house or socialize..because right now the only thing I feel like doing is curling into a ball and sleeping until someone decides to give enough of a damn to worry about where I've been for the past few days.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 06-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #6053
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau
 
Maurishio-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,755
I'm 27 but I don't care if people say I'm in the right age, I'm still disturbed to see that almost all people from my age already are married and have kids, I'm not ready for any of those, but "love experts" say if I look for a girlfriend or date someone at my age I should already look her as a future wife, that's disturbing!
__________________
Visit my art page at
mau506sk.deviantart.com

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 100%
Leo (Barra - Homesport Deluxe (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 50%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-

Last edited by Maurishio-kun : 06-29-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #6054
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,131
People, don't assume my waist-training is for men. It's not about that at all. It's about me getting to a weight and size I'm happy with. And no, it's not as dangerous as you think. I did a ton of research before buying a corset and I still read about how to waist-train safely all the time. It's not my fault you're ill-informed and that society views on corsets concentrate on women who tied theirs to extreme degrees. Get off my back.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #6055
Moonsong
daughter of evil
 
Moonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,267
LOLOL this job, I swear.

So, I've been working there for only three months, but I've already picked up people's shifts five times, for bogus excuses such as "I don't feel like working" and "I have a party". No biggie, really. More money for me, and I'm trying to prove that I'm reliable and helpful.

Two weeks ago, during my shift, my co-worker complains that his back hurts and he wants to go home. The manager basically forces me to cancel my plans for dinner with my dad since I'm already there and its convenient. My 7 hour shift turned into a 14 hour shift with no extra breaks.

Last week, during the high 90's heatwave we've been having, my car dies. I suck it up on that day and walk 45 minutes in the blazing sun to get to my job since I'd rather do that than hear my manager bitch at me for calling out last minute. Once I get there, I inform her of what's going on and that I need the next day off to bring my car to the shop. She tells me, without even checking, that there's no coverage for me and that I have to come in. Which is BULLSHIT because I KNOW one of my co-workers was off that day. And they certainly didn't have a problem making me take an extra shift on top of my own the week before. I was furious but luckily I was able to get a ride from a friend...Even so, what the fuck.

The icing on the cake was that Saturday was my day off and they called me at like 8am (after I closed on Friday night) and left a message on my phone asking me to come in. Yeah no, that isn't happening. On top of that icing, I got wind that my dad's girlfriend has her panties in a twist and said something to the effect of how "lazy" I am. Ahahaha, you're funny. Please, enlighten me further.

That whole thing about good people coming in last? Totally true.
__________________

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete


Last edited by Moonsong : 06-30-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #6056
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,397
^I'd start looking for another job if I were you. Your boss just sounds like an "abuse the newbie so I can let my senior employees do fuck-all" type. And your coworkers sound no better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #6057
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei
 
MeiChama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,493
@Moonsong: Yeah I agree with Shinobixikyu. That's just flipping ridiculous. :/ You should not have to do that much while the others just sit on their ass.
__________________
Cosplays for 2015
Aiichirou Nitori - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Monomi [Gijinka] - Danganronpa 2
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #6058
cosplay_luvur
Registered User
 
cosplay_luvur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 176
^^^Agreed to the full degree

Here I go on my little rant:

Don't get me wrong I love my friends we grew up together and we have always been together but when it comes to cosplaying together at anime conventions I always end up buying EVERYTHING which im ok with paying for my expenses of the trip.

But somehow my "friends" never have any money to pay for their expenses (because they have to "save the money for their costumes") so I'm stuck with empty money bags trying to get everyone to go. I understand that some of my friends have their limitations, one friend has no family support and she is back sh*t broke because she cant get a car to get her license to get a job. (yeah...)

BUT that doesn't remove her from the fact I know places she can work that i can drop her off at and pick her up to make money, but she doesn't want to because she "wants to wait to get a job"...

I am just sick and tired of wasting all of my money i use to create better costumes than for things that they should pay for like food and their share of hotel costs. That being said I am also the one that provides transportation to conventions which is really hard for me because conventions are always 2-4 hours away from me. So I have even LESS money for my costume because of rediculous gas prices and expensive hotel costs.

I also help pay for their tickets to even get in to the anime conventions, and its hard to say to my friends that they cant go because I dont want to pay for them without looking like a b*tch. O.O It wouldn't look so bad if we havent been friends since I knew how to socialize.

okies I'm done
cosplay_luvur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #6059
Isikaru
Registered User
 
Isikaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosplay_luvur View Post

Here I go on my little rant:

Don't get me wrong I love my friends we grew up together and we have always been together but when it comes to cosplaying together at anime conventions I always end up buying EVERYTHING which im ok with paying for my expenses of the trip.
Ouch, sounds like you have it rough. I have a hard time affording conventions, but I would never ever make a friend pay for it, even if they offered. I'd rather become a hobo before that lol. It's weird to me your "friends" are okay with doing this to you time and time again. =| I can't really see a way to tell them that you won't pay for them without it being harsh, especially if they are always counting on it or expecting it. But. They deserve a smack down sounds like.
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #6060
cosplay_luvur
Registered User
 
cosplay_luvur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isikaru View Post
Ouch, sounds like you have it rough. I have a hard time affording conventions, but I would never ever make a friend pay for it, even if they offered. I'd rather become a hobo before that lol. It's weird to me your "friends" are okay with doing this to you time and time again. =| I can't really see a way to tell them that you won't pay for them without it being harsh, especially if they are always counting on it or expecting it. But. They deserve a smack down sounds like.
Thats why im assuming they dont realize how much i am actually paying for everything, im going to discuss budget plans now so next year when the time comes everyone has the money for it, especially since we missed pre-reg T.T ugh so mad, so now we owe $50 for all weekend pass ftw! Hopefully then they understand that is is madly expensive.
cosplay_luvur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.