Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #6211
Amanita

Well, I DID get to go see Pacific Rim after all...And now my friend wants to do a Jaeger pilot cosplay with me- that's something we'll both have to work on getting in shape for. But holy hell will it be cool if it works!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #6212
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Well, I'm MAGICALLY (now it just needs sparkles) having problems with PayPal suddenly. Because hey, you don't need that $44 for a cosplay! You don't need a new wig, when you could possibly get away with using it for burlesque! Your boyfriend doesn't need to compliment you and take pictures for your blog with you! You don't need to flipping SEE (my clear lenses are getting old and my last pair; no money for a new pack! I need to get my eyes examined again/get new glasses anyway).

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.

Last edited by spookehdoom : 07-18-2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Because I'm full of RAGE
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #6213
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

I just love the Music Wars!

Oh noes someone doesn't like the same music I like so I'm going to attack them like a rabid dog and lecture them on how their taste in music sucks and they deserve to die in a fire!

Music can be awesome but we don't need to turn it into some kind of religion.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #6214
Amanita

^Yeah my classmates were ridiculous about it. Sometimes our teachers let us bring in music for gym class, and my classmates would do anything to stop me from getting into the gym with my tapes, even grabbing my backpack and trying to drag me backwards. Fucking immature, I don't know why the gym teacher didn't just have us take turns.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #6215
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kaiba View Post

Oh noes someone doesn't like the same music I like so I'm going to attack them like a rabid dog and lecture them on how their taste in music sucks and they deserve to die in a fire!

I can't stand music snobs. They're usually douchebags in a shitty garage band going nowhere who think they're somehow more enlightened or refined because they play an instrument poorly.

A buddy of mine had one such person give us that smug, condescending "Really? You like Weird Al?" We both wanted to punch him forever.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #6216
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kaiba View Post

BUT IT IS RELIGION! For douche bags. Especially the ones who think they're so G because they're dating a trashy girl, smoke pot, and listening to rap while shouting out insults or the N-word. Plus there's the people who think "MY MUSIC IS THE BEST YOU HAVE TERRIBLE TASTE LISTEN TO MY GARBAGE." Oh, you listen to Skrillex? Good for you, because I can drown you out with beautiful industrial noise.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #6217
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Chris- You're totally Jam. But at least you didn't have to call someone out on bullshit for thinking those who go to SDCC are only elitist and there are no "average" cosplayers.
I...yikes. Just yikes.

While jelly, I'm not super butthurt about anyone who gets to go to SDCC, but yo, I still average 4-6 cons a year, and one of those is NYCC, which is like SDCC, only which more comics and less Hollywood. So it evens out. EVERYTHING IS OKAY!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #6218
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I...yikes. Just yikes.

While jelly, I'm not super butthurt about anyone who gets to go to SDCC, but yo, I still average 4-6 cons a year, and one of those is NYCC, which is like SDCC, only which more comics and less Hollywood. So it evens out. EVERYTHING IS OKAY!
ZOMGLOB CHRISS YOU GO TO A TON OF CONS UR NAWT AVERAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*punts everyone* I am done with stupid bullshit we're all nerds in costumes FUCKING can'[t we jsut get along?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #6219
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
ZOMGLOB CHRISS YOU GO TO A TON OF CONS UR NAWT AVERAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*punts everyone* I am done with stupid bullshit we're all nerds in costumes FUCKING can'[t we jsut get along?
Not sure if intentional, but your use of NAWT is super amusing to me. YOU ARE LIKE TAWNY FROM QUINZEE, A TRUE GREATRIOT, NOT LIKE THAT HONORARY JET/TRATTAR WES WELKAH!"

And yeah. A "friend" of mind on twitter was super butthurt earleir because Yaya Han cosplayed the Invisible Woman screaming "SHE LOOKS LIKE CRAP, I BET SHE DOESN'T EVEN READ THE BOOK!"

She doesn't btw. Costume looks fine. Nor does she probably read the book BUT WHO CARES. IF YOU'RE HAPPINESS REVOLVES AROUND HOW SOMEONE CHOOSES TO ENJOY SOMETHING, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #6220
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
And yeah. A "friend" of mind on twitter was super butthurt earleir because Yaya Han cosplayed the Invisible Woman screaming "SHE LOOKS LIKE CRAP, I BET SHE DOESN'T EVEN READ THE BOOK!"
Well, if it was really a great Invisible Woman cosplay, you wouldn't see her at all would you?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #6221
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Not sure if intentional, but your use of NAWT is super amusing to me. YOU ARE LIKE TAWNY FROM QUINZEE, A TRUE GREATRIOT, NOT LIKE THAT HONORARY JET/TRATTAR WES WELKAH!"

She doesn't btw. Costume looks fine. Nor does she probably read the book BUT WHO CARES. IF YOU'RE HAPPINESS REVOLVES AROUND HOW SOMEONE CHOOSES TO ENJOY SOMETHING, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
Pft, I mean I dislike Yaya Han for DIFFERENT reasons that I am not allowed to discuss on coscom because of reasons but that's the bullshit we don't need dramaing up the neighborhood

And Nawt is my fave spelling ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Well, if it was really a great Invisible Woman cosplay, you wouldn't see her at all would you?
ZING
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #6222
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Hey I said good! Also lol.

Quote:
Pft, I mean I dislike Yaya Han for DIFFERENT reasons that I am not allowed to discuss on coscom because of reasons but that's the bullshit we don't need dramaing up the neighborhood.
I like her. I'm not saying we're besties or anything, but we're friendly enough to consider her a friend, and she's been super nice/great to my wife over the years. But enough of that, there's enough negative stuff in community that we don't need to be hating on each other for trival reasons.

Unread 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #6223
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

AWWW YISS, COSCOM WENT DOWN AS I POSTED I GOT A 2ND POST FOR FREE

::: makes a suck it jesture at SV :::

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 07-19-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #6224
sam vimes
A real live wire

We heard you, Chris!

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #6225
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
We heard you, Chris!
It's just that this thread is so empty there's an echo.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote