Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #6346
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
I feel I need to at least vent a little bit about my Saturday. I'm usually a relaxed enough person, because life shouldn't be so negative right? I was hurt recently by a friend (who will be referred to as friend A), and I got hurt even more without doing anything at all really. I wanted to straighten things out with friend A on why I felt hurt and a little mad, so my friend A would at least be able to understand my point of view.

What ended up making things bad was that I told my other friend (Friend B) that I was going to talk to the friend A about this. My two friends aren't close friends at all btw, but know each other through me. Friend B has a tendency of making things worse, assuming things, and lying. I have told friend A this too before since friend B had made another situation worse before. For whatever reason friend A messaged friend B asking if I was going to bring up the whole situation again. Not sure what all ended up happening but things got REALLY out of hand and I'm not sure why when I just wanted to straighten things out. Not only that friend B told me that he didn't say a single thing and straight up lied to me. I even asked him to stay out of it because he always made things worse. Since friend A didn't want to talk to me online at all, I decided I would try and go over to her house and call her hoping she was home and wants to talk. Not sure what exactly friend B said, but supposedly friend A's dad extremely hates me and thinks I was there to hurt my friend. Also not sure how exactly, but I somehow became a stalker. All I wanted was to try and talk through something kind of simple but all of a sudden everyone hated me it seems and I had no idea why. Friend A's mom though was willing to listen to me and told me that friend B had said some stuff which wasn't completely true and blown out of proportion.

I was hurt before, but now I was completely devastated when all I wanted to do was talk. I literally felt like the worse person in the world when it was mostly friend B's fault for not minding his own business. I never did get to talk to Friend A, but I was fortunate enough to at least explain my side of things to my friend's mom. I was feeling so betrayed by Friend B when that morning he said he hadn't said anything at all. I considered him one of my closest friends and he was so easy to lie to me that I felt betrayed.

After going home and sitting there for about 1 hour all upset/hurt/depressed/etc, I ended up calling Friend B and asked him what he said. I'm not an angry person pretty much ever, but I yelled at him bad. He lied to me and told me he said nothing, and even "thought" I was joking about being mad at him. He even accused Friend A of lying that he said anything and not sure on why Friend A would bring him into this. I like to hear both sides of people's stories though, so I didn't automatically just say he was lying and left it at the moment.

About 2 hours later Friend B called me back and pretty much admitted that he did say some stuff. He knew he had made things a lot worse than it was by talking with friend A, and that he was the main cause of my loss of friendship with Friend A. I think things would have gone decent, but Friend A had to go and message Friend B when I had asked her to come to me if there's any issues. I had also told Friend B to not do anything, but I probably shouldn't have told him anything to begin with.

I was hurt probably beyond recoverable that Friend A would not give me the benefit of the doubt in anyway and would rather trust Friend B. I have never been so depressed that Friend A would think that I would hurt her in anyway. Then I felt betrayed and lied to by Friend B who I THOUGHT was a good friend but he's obviously a liar and was the one responsible for making things worse. This is a little hard for me to say and I don't usually think like this, but after coming home from Friend A's house, I was so upset and hurt to the point where I thought of suicide. I have never thought about it before and I know suicide isn't the answer to things, but I guess I was just upset to the point where I thought if I was gone, at least Friend A won't have to deal with any more stress due to me and won't have to worry about me hurting her anymore. Also I wouldn't have to feel betrayed and lied to by people anymore. I decided against it though due to there not being any quick non-messy way. I'll admit that it wasn't my highest point in life, but it did at least cross my mind for a few minutes.

I was already hurt from what Friend A originally said about me, then completely devastated that Friend A would think that I would hurt her and that I'm a stalker, and the fact the one of my closest friend lied to me and was responsible for making things as bad as it became. I was just broken down so bad that I figured if I was gone, it would have made things better for some people at least. I decided against it though, and will hopefully never think not that again. I still have no idea where I'm going to go from here, but it was something I had to get out there to make me feel a little better
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #6347
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
Wow, it seems that The Daily Mail (or Daily "Hate" Mail, Daily Heil, etc if you prefer) almost completely plagiarised and article from Cracked.com;

Published yesterday.

Published today.

To be fair, I guess I can't accuse them of making stuff up any more.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #6348
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,164
I haven't had reason to rant for a while until now, so sorry to those who feel like reading it. So, I'm part of these Facebook groups where you sell your old games/anime and what not. I've never had a single issue with anyone, and gotten good feedback from those who buy the wigs I sell if I sell any. Or, if they have an issue they'll kindly decline. With that, I decided I'd try selling my Nintendo DS for 40. Why is this? The original selling price is 35, but I like adding shipping costs to it as It just makes me feel a bit better about selling it.

Week go by, and no one answers the ad until now. And what do you know? They are there to tell me I'm selling it for way too much and that they sold their Lite was sold for 20 USD (I believe that's the price) + 2 games. Do I care? No. I never liked the Lite. The DS I believe can used, GBA, advanced, and DS games. And the price is my choice as I don't feel like charging too little and getting back like 10-15 out of something that cost me all As and 100 dollars years ago. (I never really upgraded as I never had the money to. And my DS worked until the 3DS came out)

I'm sorry, sweetie. But the ad wasn't even at the top of the page (probably ALL the way down really) til you bumped it to say that. If you aren't interested in the item don't comment on it. Especially if all you're going to say is that I'm never going to sell it for that price. If It's not gone at that price, then I keep it. It's my choice, and I feel comfortable with it.

Now, this is what I type to them word by word after the price they say: "I think you might have sold yourself short then as that's a little too low in my opinion. Then again, to me it should be charged a little more if it's an original as they aren't being sold anymore. On that note, I think I have someone who'd buy it for 35 or 40."

And I really do have someone who said they might buy it. A friend of a friend of mine. Now let me paste their response after that post:
"That's the point. No one wants an original these days. Nobody even wants an XL, you can't play 3DS games on them and the new games are rarely released on standards.
I didn't sell myself short, they're genuinely not worth anything anymore.
Get a grip. You're overly enthusiastic and noone will buy it off you."

Look, I get you're trying to help me, (not really) but that is the price I chose. If you don't agree, then don't comment. Especially if you're going to be rude about it when my response isn't. My last reply to that is this:

"I think you're only speaking for yourself in all honesty. Not everyone likes that, or even the new games. Some people like the nostalgia of playing on a original. Also, what I don't understand is why you'd post on something just to say it'll never sell, THEN tell the seller to get a grip. I never bumped this post multiple times. Maybe once before, but not constantly so I don't get how you can say I'm "overly enthusiastic." All I can say is that I'm not forcing someone to pay a price. If they don't want it then they can just get something else."

Can someone tell me if I sounded rude is my responses? Or if it wasn't fair on my part? I don't like people like this, and I've noticed it too. Just never thought I'd have someone do it on my own post.
__________________
Convention List:
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015 (maybe)
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #6349
PsykoGerbil
Registered User
 
PsykoGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
I haven't had reason to rant for a while until now, so sorry to those who feel like reading it. So, I'm part of these Facebook groups where you sell your old games/anime and what not. I've never had a single issue with anyone, and gotten good feedback from those who buy the wigs I sell if I sell any. Or, if they have an issue they'll kindly decline. With that, I decided I'd try selling my Nintendo DS for 40. Why is this? The original selling price is 35, but I like adding shipping costs to it as It just makes me feel a bit better about selling it.

Week go by, and no one answers the ad until now. And what do you know? They are there to tell me I'm selling it for way too much and that they sold their Lite was sold for 20 USD (I believe that's the price) + 2 games. Do I care? No. I never liked the Lite. The DS I believe can used, GBA, advanced, and DS games. And the price is my choice as I don't feel like charging too little and getting back like 10-15 out of something that cost me all As and 100 dollars years ago. (I never really upgraded as I never had the money to. And my DS worked until the 3DS came out)

I'm sorry, sweetie. But the ad wasn't even at the top of the page (probably ALL the way down really) til you bumped it to say that. If you aren't interested in the item don't comment on it. Especially if all you're going to say is that I'm never going to sell it for that price. If It's not gone at that price, then I keep it. It's my choice, and I feel comfortable with it.

Now, this is what I type to them word by word after the price they say: "I think you might have sold yourself short then as that's a little too low in my opinion. Then again, to me it should be charged a little more if it's an original as they aren't being sold anymore. On that note, I think I have someone who'd buy it for 35 or 40."

And I really do have someone who said they might buy it. A friend of a friend of mine. Now let me paste their response after that post:
"That's the point. No one wants an original these days. Nobody even wants an XL, you can't play 3DS games on them and the new games are rarely released on standards.
I didn't sell myself short, they're genuinely not worth anything anymore.
Get a grip. You're overly enthusiastic and noone will buy it off you."

Look, I get you're trying to help me, (not really) but that is the price I chose. If you don't agree, then don't comment. Especially if you're going to be rude about it when my response isn't. My last reply to that is this:

"I think you're only speaking for yourself in all honesty. Not everyone likes that, or even the new games. Some people like the nostalgia of playing on a original. Also, what I don't understand is why you'd post on something just to say it'll never sell, THEN tell the seller to get a grip. I never bumped this post multiple times. Maybe once before, but not constantly so I don't get how you can say I'm "overly enthusiastic." All I can say is that I'm not forcing someone to pay a price. If they don't want it then they can just get something else."

Can someone tell me if I sounded rude is my responses? Or if it wasn't fair on my part? I don't like people like this, and I've noticed it too. Just never thought I'd have someone do it on my own post.
Meh. My suspicion is not that they're trying to help you, but that they're trying to get you to sell it for cheaper so they/friend can score it at a low price.
PsykoGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #6350
VanGylen
Registered User
 
VanGylen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 170
This lady at my work makes coffee every morning, but she makes DECAF!!!!!
WHY WOULD YOU MAKE DECAF IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
and I'm not allowed to make a new coffee cause my boss says its wasteful to not finish the
decaf one and I have asked her to stop and she keeps doing it!!!!!!!
__________________
Main EXPO: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES

Versus (Final Fantasy 13: Versus)
Allen Walker & Kanda Yuu (D Gray Man)
Death the kid (Soul Eater)
Light Yagami (Deathnote)
Natsuo (Loveless)
Dead Mater (Black Rock Shooter)

FB FRENDZ? (Yes or Yes?)

For cosplay Comission(I make your cosplay)
Message me on here
VanGylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #6351
Norakun91
Registered User
 
Norakun91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 114
Me and my fiance get into an arguement about how I always assume that she wants to cosplay when she hates cosplay. The result: I have not mentioned her cosplaying with me at all and I took down most of the pics or untagged her from the pics on fb of the cosplays I wanted to do together. I decided to stop asking her to do some with me.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #6352
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3
 
KitoCosplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,595
Dear canker sore,
I hate you. Go the (censored) away
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #6353
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau
 
Maurishio-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,755
Now I must see who to ask for lifewise help more carefully, there's a lot of people who instead of trying to making me feel better just complain to me whithout caring if he/she hurts me, and that makes me feel even worse, sadly some of them base their help in their fucking personal interests and not to really help.
__________________
Visit my art page at
mau506sk.deviantart.com

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 100%
Leo (Barra - Homesport Deluxe (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 50%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #6354
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Why do I seem to be the only one that ever cares about being friends with people. I just seem like I'm the only one who tries with some friends. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, and I just try to be as good of a friend as possible, but it just seems like a lot of people don't care. I just do what I can and try to talk about any issues, but I end up seeming like an awful person for just wanting to straighten things out. It's just sort of upsetting that maybe the friendship was more one sided than I thought
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #6355
Khorrupt
Registered User
 
Khorrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 914
I've got this friend. Frankly, I don't even know why we're friends. Yeah, I like her, she's nice, etc., but we have NOTHING in common. When I say nothing, I mean NOTHING. She likes to mention periodically around my group that "it's been proven that people who swear are less intelligent" because she's a Christian and is super-against cursing. She's never voiced it, but it's implied.

Look, if you believe that, fantastic, but I don't. And if you wanted us to know that you think that, saying it once is enough. Now that this is your fifth time, I think you can just flat out say "shut up" if us cursing bothers you. Frankly, people's indirect shit like that makes me want to zero in on what it is that I'm doing and multiply it by 10 because that is a bitchy way to go about it.
__________________
"I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary." -Margaret Atwood

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #6356
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,400
I tend to curse a blue streak and was an A and B student all through school, and four years later, I usually spend my evenings studying whatever tickles my fancy for hours on end (I think my IQ was measured at about 130-140 but I can't remember how long ago). So, she can go eff her "belief" and just say she doesn't like cursing, or go find some different friends, not attempt to back it up with a blatant lie (the way you describe her, does she try that same kind of crap with homosexuals or atheists?). Hell, you're among your friends and I presume not cursing in front of little kids or your parents or some formal place where it WOULD be clearly inappropriate, she can just learn to accept the fact that people swear and go find some other friends if she won't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #6357
Mr Zero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Why do I seem to be the only one that ever cares about being friends with people. I just seem like I'm the only one who tries with some friends. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, and I just try to be as good of a friend as possible, but it just seems like a lot of people don't care. I just do what I can and try to talk about any issues, but I end up seeming like an awful person for just wanting to straighten things out. It's just sort of upsetting that maybe the friendship was more one sided than I thought
maybe they're not real friends. i know from experience some people only want to be friends when there is no one else. try talking to your friends though since a real friendship will get through things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
I've got this friend. Frankly, I don't even know why we're friends. Yeah, I like her, she's nice, etc., but we have NOTHING in common. When I say nothing, I mean NOTHING. She likes to mention periodically around my group that "it's been proven that people who swear are less intelligent" because she's a Christian and is super-against cursing. She's never voiced it, but it's implied.

Look, if you believe that, fantastic, but I don't. And if you wanted us to know that you think that, saying it once is enough. Now that this is your fifth time, I think you can just flat out say "shut up" if us cursing bothers you. Frankly, people's indirect shit like that makes me want to zero in on what it is that I'm doing and multiply it by 10 because that is a bitchy way to go about it.
some people just like to push their ideals on to people. it's just an opinion though and your friends isn't all the smart for thinking like that
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #6358
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau
 
Maurishio-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,755
That stupid crap ball disguised as a human who because of a destiny's heavy prank is one of my workmates is as always pissing me off and depressing me with his shit talking and complaining about everything, I wish his lips were made of metal to weld them and SHUT HIS NEB UP!!!
__________________
Visit my art page at
mau506sk.deviantart.com

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 100%
Leo (Barra - Homesport Deluxe (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 50%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #6359
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny
 
Noize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 632
It's been so long since I last saw a close friend of mine and all she did was text her boyfriend about their next date and giving me the "I don't care" face when I was trying to have a chat with her...
__________________
Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]
Saruhiko Fushimi [K]
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]


Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]


Noize is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #6360
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
We've got students dorming on our campus for the semester, although they're attending another school. These students are Brazilian, and speak limited English. No one here speaks Portuguese.

So today my boss says, "oh, we should have [Latina nurse] here to translate. She speaks Spanish."

1. Not really; the nurse doesn't even speak Spanish fluently.
2. Portuguese is not Spanish.

And then she goes on to say, "Portuguese is just a mix of Spanish and French" NO IT IS NOT WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT

Ņquť tal + comment vas-tu =/= tudo bem

And this is a day or so after she was complaining to someone on another campus about the online student processing system both our schools use being wonky last week, and how she swears it was hacked. "I was even told," she says, "that we have contractors in California, Arizona, and Saudi Arabia working on it. Now, my husband says they're our allies, but I say you can't be too certain, I certainly would... I'd just be cautious about who has access to our information."
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.