Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #6361
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

As excited as I am to be going to New Zealand in November, I am right now REALLY feeling the loss of Dragoncon this year. Seeing all my friends arriving and pictures trickling in...man. That hurts a bit. Really wish I was there.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #6362
Clementine
I do as I please.

Last night I put the red pigmented conditioner on my ends to give them more vibrance like my stylist told me to, but it's a violet red pigment and my hair is a copper red, and on top of that, only a few pieces got coated well enough for it to work. So now some pieces on the bottom half of my hair are pinky red while the rest of it is a copper-toned red.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #6363
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I have made a total of two mistakes and now I'm not only terrified of flunking two classes, but fucking up my entire high school career. I'm in Honors. Everything but two grades are A's. This is a really ridiculous grading system and now I'm trying not to implode from the stress and just do what I can to bring my grade up.
Really, English teacher, it was a single fucking project and I had 95% of the content you asked for. Sorry it wasn't all typed and pretty and perfect. I don't deserve a fucking 25 just because I didn't have the time to make it look nice. I don't know if I've ranted before on how much I HATE when teachers grade on looks rather than content, BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I FUCKING HATE IT.
I am also now really easily pissed off, jaded, and antisocial. None of this is fun.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #6364
harmonyisarine

I'm finishing up everything to submit graduate school applications. This will by my fourth year applying in the last five years (I was sick and confused last year, so I used it as a research year). I'm terrified that I won't get in. Sometimes I just open the documents and have to immediately close them again. I honestly don't know what to do with my life if I'm not in a lab (and applying to lab jobs hasn't gone so well, either). I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it all, but this is... everything. The worst part is, according to all of the committees I spoke with, and admissions officers, my application is pretty much perfect. I obviously need to improve it, but no one can tell me where or how. If I don't get in this year, I can't keep wasting all this time, money and effort trying to get in.

I've spent over half my life trying to get into this career, my passion for it hasn't waned even for a minute, and now I'm staring at it as it runs away from me and there's nothing I can do about it and I hate feeling like this.

If I can just get a phone or face-to-face interview, I can get in. I just need to convince them through paper to let me get that far.
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #6365
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I've been very upset the past several days. I don't think I can explain the situation very well but I'm going to try. I got into an disagreement with a friend on Facebook and she started talking very rudely to me. I expressed that I was not going to tolerate being spoken to that way and she denied being rude at all. Other friends chimed in taking her side. Then she writes something on Tumblr that I construe to be about me (It was actually about someone else) and I call her out on it, especially as it could be seen as a threat. She then starts calling me names and claims our issue "wasn't serious." She blocks me on Tumblr because I linked her Facebook on there not knowing she'd have a problem with it. But what bothers me about this is she didn't tell me the problem herself, she had her roommate (who I consider my best friend) tell me.

All this left me depressed know what happens when two people in a group can't stand each other; one gets phased out. Since she is the roommate of one of the people in this group, I knew she wasn't the one that was going to happen to. After all the crap I've gotten from the cosplay community this year, I was convinced they hated me for some reason and said I wasn't going to cons anymore. Basically, I've been feeling like there is no place for me in this world. I have no career path, I don't even know what I'm doing in college anymore, and it really looked like all my friends were going to abandon me. My best friend did prove that last part to be untrue as she called the police because she was scared I was going to hurt myself.

She did have a conversation with my mom and explained that I and the girl I was fighting with have very different views on things. She is the type to just give things time to blow over while I believe if you don't talk about the problems you have with someone, nothing will get fixed. Here's hoping I can work things out with here.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #6366
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

The girl who is suppose to be my best friend, constantly rubs in that she has a loving boyfriend, and yet says I'm choosing boys over her, just because I want to spend a little time meeting guys...and not these losers she throws at me. The other day I was crying and she told me to hurry up and stop sulking...and when I didn't...purposely kept swerving the car to scare me...in order to show her dismay at my sadness.

It is nice to know the guy I've had feelings for years now....won't ever choose me, because his gf is rich and takes care of him.
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #6367
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Wish View Post
The girl who is suppose to be my best friend, constantly rubs in that she has a loving boyfriend, and yet says I'm choosing boys over her, just because I want to spend a little time meeting guys...and not these losers she throws at me. The other day I was crying and she told me to hurry up and stop sulking...and when I didn't...purposely kept swerving the car to scare me...in order to show her dismay at my sadness.
Your bestie sounds like a world-class butthole. You'd do well to rid yourself of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #6368
belligerent
Viking Metal

So she's sacrificing the safety of you, her, and everybody else on the road for....what reason exactly? To make you feel bad about feeling bad. Wow. Run, do not walk away, from this "friendship."
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #6369
Mr Zero

i have been friends with my one friend for almost 2 years now. i have to wonder sometimes if someone is as good as a person as they claim to be, if they talk shit about you to some other friends behind your back. seems more like a fake and two faced friend to me. could have sworn i was nothing but nice to my friend too...lol and then of course my friend wonders why bad things happen so often. it's called karma
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #6370
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Your bestie sounds like a world-class butthole. You'd do well to rid yourself of her.
Yeah, I'm cutting her off.
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #6371
Amanita

^Good plan, she sounds like a real piece of work. That stunt with the car is just mind blowingly stupid.
Amanita is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #6372
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

The way to get a locker in this school is fucking ridiculous. It's not alloted til NEXT WEEK, AND BY A FUCKING LOTTERY SYSTEM, NOT first come first served. I have a combined forty pounds of supplies and a twenty minute WALK to school. Fucking BULLSHIT.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #6373
xandra

I still hurt over my ex-best friend.

We were super close. I would buy her presents for every holiday and give her money for her birthday and christmas.
Oneday, her older sister confronted me and asked "Why do you keep giving her presents? You're not her boyfriend!" And then told to not give my best friend money anymore becuase money isn't a "speical or thoughtful" gift. The funny thing is that my best friend's older sister had a boyfriend that did everything I did.

Maybe the older sister was jealous that her little sister's best friend (me), would treat her little sister with so much love that it seemed equivilant to a boyfriend?

Things got worse, and the older sister started to tell my best friend that I would ditch her for other friends... This was during high school were we met new people and I made new friends, while my best friend only clung to me.

I feel like my best friend let her sister ruin our friendship. I completely understand family sticking together, but I really felt that her older sister was just trying to tear us apart becasue of jealousy.

I'm now out of college with a stable life. Only see this ex best friend at conventions, but it still hurts. I feel betrayed. I never meant to ditch my best friend, but she took it as I was replacing her to have new friends. I even asked for her permission to hang out with other people. I wanted her to know that I would never replace her, I just wanted to meet more firends. I guess she didn't understand. I never forgot her, always gave her gifts and her older sister would always give me shit for it. It's been 4 years since our friendship drifted apart. I'm just sad that my ex best friend let her sister rule her life.
xandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #6374
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Long vent coming through.

It bothers me whenever I go out with females friends to the clubs, and we mutually agree we're going to Peacock by dressing really sexy...ect. So when I get dressed.. often I notice my other "friends" give me this quick hateful looks. I am a natural at sex appeal and I often get a lot of male attention...so when I dress up...I get more. My "friends" will ask me not to wear my heels or wear my hair a certain way. I ask why "Because it looks bad." Later they would laugh and confess "Oh, you were going to get more attention than us if you wore that stuff...ect." I'm often the object of envy physically, but its nice to know...girls who are suppose to be my friends...would sabotage me too.

Another issue...I have another female friend who is taken...and yet when we have a cute single guy in our hotel room during a con....she would call dibs on him and be with him all the time. Even if I didn't want the guy....it always irked me when my female friends would call dibs on guys...though they are taken...and I'm single and sometimes looking.

My "friend" who purposely swerved the car putting us in danger...in order to show she was pissed at me....seems to be doing fine with out me.

I deactivated my facebook for a couple of weeks, because it seems like I'm merely seen as someone who is fun to spread rumors about. Nobody has even texted me to check on me...

My guy friend who I recently walked away from friendship wise....doesn't seem to be bothered by the end of our friendship. Of course he wouldn't....not when his gf is super rich and takes care of him.

I've been depressed eating and haven't been to the gym in a weak....I'm sure my cosplays will be too tight.

Another close friend doesn't get how lonely I am without my FB (Her idea for me to delete it)...she has her BF...so she isn't lonely.

At cons I'm usually alone, until the night time when the parties begin...Only then to people seem to want to give me attention...usually they want in my pants only.

My ex boyfriend who is an abusive asshole, has the nerve to tell me if I loved him...I would sleep with over 100 guys for his viewing pleasure. Saying when I left the relationship...I wouldn't do as he says, because I wasn't committed to him. And when I tried to reason with him...he would act like a spoiled child by doing the silent treatment.

I can't concentrate on my studies.

Arcade Sona from League of Legends
Esmeralda- Disney
Meru from Legend of Dragoon.
Sayaka Miki- Magica Madoka
Yang-RWBY
Looking for people to hang out with at Ax2014
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #6375
Rukeya

Venting thread, eh? WELL. I'd like to not work. In fact, I'd like to entirely bypass school and just go straight to my dream job.

I feel like that's not cool enough with all of the rage inducing posts before me, so I'll end with this:

Every time I make the fifteen minute walk to school, I have to use the bathroom right in the middle of it. But there is no bathroom for another seven minutes.
Rukeya is offline   Reply With Quote