Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #6481
Amanita

Wow..fortunately when I applied for mine, I just needed one non relative to sign for me- my doctor took care of it

But now it costs $125 just to renew the frigging thing. Ouch. I had to do that, so I can go to NYC at the end of the month.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #6482
Hearth
Unregistered User

A customer drove off with the gas pump nozzle in his car just when I was about to clock out from work. I tried calling my manager and my assistant manager and couldn't get a hold of either one of them. I've gotten used to my manager not answering her phone, but the assistant manager... every time I've tried to contact her using the number that was provided, I get a Spanish-speaking lady. I try saying my assistant manager's name, but she never gives the phone to her. Either that or the number that's listed is wrong and she has no idea who my assistant manager is. It's very frustrating because I've gotten in trouble for not contacting the assistant manager when we ran out of 5-dollar bills and contacted my mother to help me instead (she works for the same company). Well, since I've NEVER successfully contacted her using that number, it just makes me establish that calling that number is useless. >_>

My co-worker calls maintenance and seems to be unable to use the cash register at the same time. I take over her register even though I'm supposed to clock out. And, God. This customer. >_< She was paying for two little items, an air freshener and a bag of M&Ms. She slides her payment card then starts texting on her phone, oblivious to the fact that she's supposed to select whether she's paying with credit or debit. I point this out to her and she takes the pen (this is a real pen, by the way, not a stylus), taps on the screen, then goes back to texting, again oblivious that she didn't successfully select an option, probably because she used the pen. Since the process takes too long, the transaction is canceled automatically and she has to swipe again. This transaction could be done in less than a minute, and she couldn't put her phone down long enough to complete it? It's so damn sad.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #6483
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
(this is a real pen, by the way, not a stylus)
I've had people do that when I worked at a ,now out of business, Barnes and Noble. They where the kind elevated on a bar, didn't swivel, and did not have a pen tether on any of them. Something like this:

The reader screens actually had scratches on them from people using pens to sign their names. One had the name etched into the screen itself. Other's where covered in ink stains.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #6484
belligerent
Viking Metal

Paycheck is about $550 short this week. Ugh. I have savings so it won't break me but goddammit, congress. I guess at least I work for DOD and not a different agency that still has its people furloughed, because I could be seeing a $0.00 check next pay period if I didn't.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #6485
crosschord
It's that girl

Don't get me wrong, I like my work and I like getting outside sewing projects from my work because it makes me more money, but I need a day off. A full day off. One where I'm not at work or sewing something, or driving up to LA and working there most of the day (that was only for a week though).

It's been 3 weeks without a full day off and it's wearing me down. This weekend will be a little relaxing, but I have to finish a work project and I think I'm starting to get sick. My room and sewing area is a mess and I'm too damn tired to really do anything.

Just.....blah.

Upcoming Conventions!
Anime California - August 2014
Comikaze - November 2014 (Will be there for one day)
Pacific Media Expo - November 2014
Anime Los Angeles - January 2015
Fanime - May 2015

Upcoming Cosplays!
CC - Code Geass
Yukari (Fashion Show Dress) - Paradise Kiss
Yuuko (Bustle Dress) - xxxHolic
Asami - Legend of Korra (Maybe)
Jade Curtiss - Tales of the Abyss
crosschord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #6486
Ilafatyu
That guy

Everyone's trying to lose weight. I get that. People are trained to think they're fat, I know the drill. But when the conversation turns to diet and eating habits, everyone turns into rabid hyenas when I speak up. I have a weight problem too, morons, just a different one than you. You can't shed a couple pounds and have skinny thighs to look nice in skinny jeans? Boo freaking hoo, I'm sitting over here with my collar bones sticking out and trying not to turn into a skeleton.

This is why I try not to talk to the ladyfolk. At least the guys make fun of me instead of getting pissy.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #6487
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My underwire just snapped and is trying to kill me. I think is going for my heart by way of my boob. I have another bra in my car but I have class for another several hours and had to park in east Jesus no where and can't run and get my other bra. Am seriously debating tossing the broken one in the bathroom trash and just zipping up my jacket the rest of the day
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #6488
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Everyone's trying to lose weight. I get that. People are trained to think they're fat, I know the drill. But when the conversation turns to diet and eating habits, everyone turns into rabid hyenas when I speak up. I have a weight problem too, morons, just a different one than you. You can't shed a couple pounds and have skinny thighs to look nice in skinny jeans? Boo freaking hoo, I'm sitting over here with my collar bones sticking out and trying not to turn into a skeleton.

This is why I try not to talk to the ladyfolk. At least the guys make fun of me instead of getting pissy.
You might want to avoid the fitness forum.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #6489
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My underwire just snapped and is trying to kill me. I think is going for my heart by way of my boob. I have another bra in my car but I have class for another several hours and had to park in east Jesus no where and can't run and get my other bra. Am seriously debating tossing the broken one in the bathroom trash and just zipping up my jacket the rest of the day
I have to admit, I've never known someone to keep a spare bra in their car. (Now I have a vaguely related mental image of Pinkie Pie keeping bras hidden randomly around Ponyville along with her balls and eyepatches...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #6490
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's not usually in there - I had washed it at my moms over the weekend, left it there to dry, picked it up yesterday and forgot about it. I do tend to keep a spare set of clothes and an old hoodie in the car, but that's just practical.

Currently I'm braless at school. It feels odd even though I know no one can tell. I'm wearing Meghan's hoodie, and it's like 3 sizes too big. Which is why I stole it from her in the first place.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #6491
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
It's not usually in there - I had washed it at my moms over the weekend, left it there to dry, picked it up yesterday and forgot about it. I do tend to keep a spare set of clothes and an old hoodie in the car, but that's just practical.

Currently I'm braless at school. It feels odd even though I know no one can tell. I'm wearing Meghan's hoodie, and it's like 3 sizes too big. Which is why I stole it from her in the first place.
Lol, well, you could start adding a bra into the other clothes for incidents like that...
I've been sockless at school/the mall, but that's it. Mom always made me take extra socks to school in the winter if I got wet feet, which equalled my unprepared classmates mooching them off of me. So a few times, I'd given away all my dry socks and had to go barefoot in my indoor shoes. And at the mall, I'd been out in the rain and my feet were soaked, my boots weren't too bad but my socks I could wring water out of, so I just threw my socks in a shopping bag and went without them on. Felt very weird.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #6492
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I can't go sock less with real shoes. Even ballet flats I wear those socks that are barely socks. I wish I had enough bras to have an emergency one in the car. My emergency clothes are just jeans I don't particularly like, an old tank top and and an old long sleeved shirt that have seen better days, plus socks and and undies. I like like 40 mins from school so I keep clothes in car in case something happens and I get dirty or wet.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #6493
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, socklessness is weird if it's not with sandals. I'm lucky in that I live a five minute walk from campus (if I take the short route. Long way that has the sidewalk and a not a field to walk through, it's closer to fifteen or twenty), so I usually don't need to bring spare things. But I'm starting to debate designing some sort of chaps for my pants for sewing class. The sergers get you just COVERED in pieces of thread and cloth on your legs. And I hate having to pick it all off my jeans.
Unread 10-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #6494
Akahime
Red Princess

I don't care if a guy chases you or a girl chases you (for a romantic relationship)... BUT don't expect or want for that guy or girl to chase after you when you're the one interested. I have this person I know that is just waiting for a girl to chase after him because he's used to having girls chase after him. And he's the one who's interested in her while the girl has absolutely zero interest in this guy. He needs to get over himself and gain some freaking courage to at least ask her out. I know she'll say no and everyone that are close to her knows she'll say no. I don't think she should even consider befriending this person because he gets jealous when she starts to other guys or not paying attention to him. I MEAN WTF. She's not even your girlfriend and even if she was, this is not wrong of her to do so!!

Urgh. *slaps face out of frustration*
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #6495
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I follow the youmacon facebook page and within 15 minutes one post came up saying for us not to get raped and one asking how to get con girls into their bedroom.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○