Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #6781
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

so I had another talk with my managers about the incident... it's getting tiring for all of us.

Big Cons planning to Attend: (This does not include smaller cons like Anime Day)
Spooky Empire
ShadoCon
RANGERSTOP's Superhero Toy & Comic Con
ANIMATE! Miami
Holiday Matsuri
Megacon 2015

Last edited by figment1986 : 01-23-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: sorry...
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #6782
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My ex-friend filed for an Order of Protection against me. I went to the police today with screenshots of things she said to me. They said I can't file a counter one on her but he told me to keep the screenshots for the court hearing and he says the judge will most likely throw the case out. Since pretty much everything she wrote in the paperwork is false and I can prove a lot of it, I'm feeling confident in the policeman's words. She claimed I was banned from two local cons (which are run by the same people). No, I chose to stop attending those cons because they were poorly managed. In fact, I received e-mails offering a discount on registration because I attended previously. They wouldn't have done that if I was banned and they certainly would have notified me if I was. I just want this all over with. I want her out of my life. She's proven herself to be a compulsive liar who loves calling the police for every little thing, I have no tolerance for that crap.

On a slightly different note, I feel bad for the people in the LGBT club. While ranting about my "fit" (really an over-sensory meltdown from Aspergers) she said I "scared everyone." Seeing as the president tried to comfort me and see I was alright, I say that wasn't true. I imagine a lot of those people wouldn't like that she is painting them as paranoid ableists.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #6783
Amanita

Does anyone else think that Windows 8 is pure and utter garbage? I got stuck with it because I needed a new laptop this past summer. My MMOs don't like it at all, when I never had a problem running either of them on my old laptop with Windows 7.
Well, I've had a fucking guts-ful of it. I'm sick of the crashes and fuck ups, and having my game time screwed up by a shitty product that has all the feel of something rushed to market, with more bugs than a meadow in springtime. So as soon as I can afford it, I'm getting a copy of Windows 7.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #6784
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
My ex-friend filed for an Order of Protection against me. I went to the police today with screenshots of things she said to me. They said I can't file a counter one on her but he told me to keep the screenshots for the court hearing and he says the judge will most likely throw the case out. Since pretty much everything she wrote in the paperwork is false and I can prove a lot of it, I'm feeling confident in the policeman's words. She claimed I was banned from two local cons (which are run by the same people). No, I chose to stop attending those cons because they were poorly managed. In fact, I received e-mails offering a discount on registration because I attended previously. They wouldn't have done that if I was banned and they certainly would have notified me if I was. I just want this all over with. I want her out of my life. She's proven herself to be a compulsive liar who loves calling the police for every little thing, I have no tolerance for that crap.

On a slightly different note, I feel bad for the people in the LGBT club. While ranting about my "fit" (really an over-sensory meltdown from Aspergers) she said I "scared everyone." Seeing as the president tried to comfort me and see I was alright, I say that wasn't true. I imagine a lot of those people wouldn't like that she is painting them as paranoid ableists.
welcome to the club.... If i could get a restraining order against my former friend, I would.. since i always afraid she or her friend who has threatened me before might try to do something against me. its why i dont attend cons by myself.

Big Cons planning to Attend: (This does not include smaller cons like Anime Day)
Spooky Empire
ShadoCon
ANIMATE! Miami
Holiday Matsuri
Megacon 2015
Unread 01-22-2014, 04:49 AM   #6785
VulsaviiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Does anyone else think that Windows 8 is pure and utter garbage? I got stuck with it because I needed a new laptop this past summer. My MMOs don't like it at all, when I never had a problem running either of them on my old laptop with Windows 7.
Well, I've had a fucking guts-ful of it. I'm sick of the crashes and fuck ups, and having my game time screwed up by a shitty product that has all the feel of something rushed to market, with more bugs than a meadow in springtime. So as soon as I can afford it, I'm getting a copy of Windows 7.
Only have every second windows, the golden rule. Personally I don't like that Microsoft is becoming more like apple.

My rant for the day - why do people feel the need to be so fucking arrogant. I'm sorry I couldn't do 11 hours of work in about half that time. Not my fault other people are fucking potatos that can't do their job properly. Rage.jpg. Seriously, its always the duty managers that bitch to me when shit isn't getting done, never the cause of the problem.

Also, why is it whenever I live with women, there's always the one that loads 15 videos simultaneously because apparently they've reached the godlike status of youtubing skill. To top it off she did this on my birthday yesterday... All I wanted to do was play some games but I literally couldn't because of the lag. It literally causes me to not be able to do what I want on the net, because I can barely load Facebook, let alone hit do transfuse micro in Starcraft
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #6786
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Yep, I hate it, and so does ,my boyfriend (and he's comfortable using Apple OR Windows software). It was made with touchscreens in mind, not regular laptops/computers. I fortunately had my current laptop come with Windows 7, but it had a backup boot disc (for some weird reason) of Windows 8. It's been thrown into the darkest depths of a drawer.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #6787
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

-redacted-

i can't keep ranting on this... it's not good for me or the other person who can see this even though they shouldn't be able to.

Spooky Empire
ShadoCon
ANIMATE! Miami
Holiday Matsuri
Megacon 2015

Last edited by figment1986 : 01-23-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: my fault sorry
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #6788
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Those jerks better not have actually taken the money out of my account if they knew that they wouldn't be able to ship it.
or you know not have it on their website any more and getting my hopes up
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #6789
VulsaviiK

Fuck technology and fuck work...

So my External HDD works in every computer except my own, and no one elses works in it either. Not a good sign...

Work we had cleaners polishing the floors. I had to supervise the store again, and move things back when they were done. I was supposed to finish at 5am. Most of it was a two person job. First person to help came in at 5am because the rosters were fucked... Again. Stupid fuckwit managers, the level of comptetence in that hellhole is legitsies pathetic...
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #6790
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

-redacted-

I can't let this rant continue... i was advised even though it was the truth it would just anger her more.

Spooky Empire
ShadoCon
ANIMATE! Miami
Holiday Matsuri
Megacon 2015

Last edited by figment1986 : 01-23-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: sorry
Unread 01-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #6791
LicketySplit07

My husband got the Huolon mount in less than 10 kills, while I'm over there counting the minutes til he comes back up. I want to be happy for my husband, but really... I'm the one who pays attention to the game. He'll just sit on the computer with internet explorer pulled up and world of warcraft in the background. And this mount has like, a .96% drop rate. So unfair he got that...No more heals for him.
LicketySplit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #6792
Amanita

^I can totally relate- my friend is a veteran WoW player, he tells me that with a level 90 character I should totally be able to solo the raid which drops Ashes of Al'ar. Well, that didn't work, I ended up getting pretty much perma-stunned by one of the last bosses. So he tells me that I need 4 people for that. Now he's telling me "You don't need help for that!"
Make up your freaking mind!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #6793
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

The court date is Tuesday and like I said before I just want it over with. The whole thing has caused me so much anxiety and depression. I have barely left the house the past two weeks and most days I don't want to leave my bed. I try to work on cosplays but I never get around to actually doing it.

It's not really just the thing with her, it's just I'm lost in life. I didn't enroll in university this semester because I felt I wasn't really accomplishing anything there. I'm 27 with no career path and I still live with my parents. It makes me feel like a total loser.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #6794
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

That lovely time when you're in a rush to finish a cosplay, and you need to make a huge trek out (I might live in a city with a fashion/sewing district, bit I live at the EDGE of the city and it's downtown, an hour away each way) to buy one TINY thing you ran out of or didn't buy and nothing else can get done til you have it... Rrrrrrrrgh.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #6795
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

Some dude, who I gave my Email to because it felt awkward not to (hard to explain, but it was stupid of me), is annoying the Hell out of me! Take a hint: I'M NOT INTERESTED IN DATING YOU! I will talk about Anime, manga, games and cosplay, but I will not be your girlfriend!! Hello? Don't people understand that talking on the computer does NOT signify interest!?

Sorry. I just don't like clueless people. I feel better now.

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects:
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-It's a Mystery!!! Sorta...

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote