Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #7786
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I miss chewing food already. My wisdom tooth surgery went really, really well, and heck, I haven't even needed my percoset yet (lots of icing, sleeping, and some very long-lasting numbing shots), but I still can't make an effort to chew food until at least Saturday. Argh. I just want some damn cake or noodles.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #7787
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Fuck fuck fuck

my good friend's mom died. She's always been in bad health due to her kidney. She was sweet, god she's gone. I don't want to believe it. I don't want to go over to her house and not see her sweet smile.

She is the reason I signed up to be an organ donor on my license. And one of the reason I've been trying to donate blood.

Why? Why her?
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #7788
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Whatever "relationship" we had in the past, THAT'S OVER. When I post a picture of me in my costume and talk about the detail on the back of it, you DO NOT make some not-so-sly comment about the back of my body and add a stupid winking emoji. Get it through your head that you had your chance, and you didn't take it, so we're not dating, and thus you don't get to say those types of things to me.

And I like how he tried to mention that that's why he didn't make a "public comment" and said it directly to me instead, because that suddenly makes it appropriate! NO.

2014 plans:
TGS2014 - Zhurong (DW8) and fem!Kotetsu (Tiger&Bunny)
BIGBANG Concert - Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
Winter Comiket - ???

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #7789
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooyong View Post
Whatever "relationship" we had in the past, THAT'S OVER. When I post a picture of me in my costume and talk about the detail on the back of it, you DO NOT make some not-so-sly comment about the back of my body and add a stupid winking emoji. Get it through your head that you had your chance, and you didn't take it, so we're not dating, and thus you don't get to say those types of things to me.

And I like how he tried to mention that that's why he didn't make a "public comment" and said it directly to me instead, because that suddenly makes it appropriate! NO.
Is it the same loser who tried to get you to sing a Korean song with him?
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #7790
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveable-Eve View Post
Is it the same loser who tried to get you to sing a Korean song with him?
HAHAHA, no not that guy. There was no relationship there from the beginning. I finally told him my honest feelings and he seems to get it now.

I don't wanna put any more details out in the open so I'll PM you.

2014 plans:
TGS2014 - Zhurong (DW8) and fem!Kotetsu (Tiger&Bunny)
BIGBANG Concert - Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
Winter Comiket - ???

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #7791
Norakun91

So tired of seeing the "cosplay who you want threads" only because the people in there will say cosplay who you want but don't do it if you are going to do a sexy version or genderbend or my favorite if you don't know the character you won't have any fun and its awkward if someone comes up and asks you about the character. Really?! you just said you want peopcosplay whoever they want why are you trying to tell them what to do. its just really dumb and annoys me to death.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #7792
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Annoying con roommates or people who just dump their things in your room or otherwise intrude.

One con earlier this year, my friend, a couple of her friends, and I were rooming together, and one friend would not take responsibility at all for her things. She just tossed her stuff wherever while the rest of us tried to keep our things together, and then she wondered why she lost things. And on the day we were leaving, we called her at least 5 times and each time we reminded her to come get her swimsuit that was in the bathroom before checkout time or we'd leave it there. She kept saying she would get it, but she never did and then got mad at us for leaving her swimsuit behind.

And then at another con earlier this year, I was rooming with a few friends and we had a good-sized get together in our room. It stressed both my boyfriend and I out, because it was too much stimulation in one tiny area. So at the end of the get together, we asked everyone to please leave us alone for a couple hours so we could relax after a very tense day.

Everyone agreed to leave us be, but for almost the entire time every 5-10 minutes someone would come knocking at our door for a stupid reason.

"I know you haven't left the room, but have you seen my friend?"

"Have you seen my X?" *Searches room for 10 minutes* "Oh, lol it was in my pocket the whole time!"

*Pounding on the door* "ROOM SERVICE ROOM SERVICE! Lol hi guys."

*Boyfriend opens the door, friends notice us both in our underwear* "OMG I KNEW YOU GUYS WERE HAVING SEX!" (NOTE: We were not, we just wanted to talk and watch TV. It's not like we could have with all of the constant knocking.)

I need some new friends.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #7793
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I got my first sunburns of the year. Considering it's nearly August and I'm a ginger, I think I did a good job of avoiding them this summer. It seems I missed some areas while applying sunscreen. But the worst part is I think my scalp got burned.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #7794
almiegeddon

this isn't so much of a rant, just a couple of annoyances.

tomorrow i'm going to Mayhem Fest, which is an all day metal music festival. although i have seat tickets (my wonderful boyfriend bought us a pair a few months ago) the first half of the day is standing room only because the opening bands will be playing outside. since i only work sundays, i knew i'd be working the day of the show so i was going to ask my co worker to change shifts with me but of course, she beat me to it and already made our boss give her tomorrow off so i have no choice to work. that means, i'll be getting up at 6 in the morning, be on my feet for 5 or 6 hours, then drive to a concert where i'll be on my feet for at least another 7 hours (my favorite band isn't going to be onstage until 9 pm so i'm staying until almost midnight)

i'm used to being on my feet a lot because of cons, plus i've been to this festival 3 other years already, but i've never had to work the day of any of those events so i'm trying to prepare my body for the lack of comfort it'll experience all day tomorrow.

another issue with this concert is my brother is going to the same show but he's procrastinated so much on raising enough money for it that now all he can afford is lawn tickets and doesn't even have enough to pay for that. it's a good thing my boss is also a ticker re-seller who can cut him a deal but the fact that my brother has known about this show for almost 3 months now and didn't do anything about it until last week is just annoying. i understand he's low on cash but he had plenty of time to get the money and he always leave things to the last minute no matter how important they are.

ok maybe this was rant. sorry
almiegeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #7795
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I'm not a Brony, but man, people give them a lot of crap. I remember watching a "cringe" video that showed a group of bronies dancing and hanging out in a room and all the comments were talking about killing them off (one even said that this was the perfect opportunity to gas them all) and calling them "Aspies." I get it, you don't like the show, but...don't wish death on people who do. That ain't cool. :/

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #7796
Squeaker-Ed
*choo choo* :3

I don't think I can properly express just how frustrated and pissed I am at my brother's ex and her two kids. Three weeks of dealing with them and only just reaching the end of my patience with them and my brother and mother, and I can't decide whether it'd be better to rip out my uterus myself, bash my head in, or move to my dad's house while I still have the opportunity.

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #7797
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
I'm not a Brony, but man, people give them a lot of crap. I remember watching a "cringe" video that showed a group of bronies dancing and hanging out in a room and all the comments were talking about killing them off (one even said that this was the perfect opportunity to gas them all) and calling them "Aspies." I get it, you don't like the show, but...don't wish death on people who do. That ain't cool. :/
Seriously, people's views on the fandom seems to have done a total 180 in the last year. In 2011 and 2012 when it was pretty well at its height most people even then didn't think 99.9% of all MLP fans were weird pervy men who wanted to screw anthropomorphized ponies (I am none of those things, obviously) and had a fairly high view of the fandom since it didn't tend to cause trouble at cons and the show spread that "love and tolerate" message. Those jerks still existed, but I didn't see it remotely as much as "Meh" or "Yeah, I like MLP" or "Whatever, dumb girly shit but they cause no trouble" reactions from people who weren't considered bronies.
Now, however, ALL I hear is about how fucked up all MLP fans are and how fans of all kinds won't admit they are now because everyone will assume they're fucked up perverts, man OR woman (hell, wait until the KIDS who the show was targeted to can't say it...). Oh, and the aspie insult is another blood-boiler entirely. As someone WITH Asperger's, if anyone shoots out an insult like that around me they get punched multiple times in the face by me AND my friends.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #7798
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
Also don't use Aspergers and autism as insults. That shit is ableist as fuck.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #7799
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by almiegeddon View Post
Mayhem Fest,
Went to that last year (flew across coast to the one in Mountain View, CA) but none of the bands playing this year were appealing enough to either fly or drive to one of the locations. I drank way too much and got heatstroke and whiplash from headbanging. It was a great time!!
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #7800
Lythinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Seriously, people's views on the fandom seems to have done a total 180 in the last year. In 2011 and 2012 when it was pretty well at its height most people even then didn't think 99.9% of all MLP fans were weird pervy men who wanted to screw anthropomorphized ponies (I am none of those things, obviously) and had a fairly high view of the fandom since it didn't tend to cause trouble at cons and the show spread that "love and tolerate" message. Those jerks still existed, but I didn't see it remotely as much as "Meh" or "Yeah, I like MLP" or "Whatever, dumb girly shit but they cause no trouble" reactions from people who weren't considered bronies.
Now, however, ALL I hear is about how fucked up all MLP fans are and how fans of all kinds won't admit they are now because everyone will assume they're fucked up perverts, man OR woman (hell, wait until the KIDS who the show was targeted to can't say it...). Oh, and the aspie insult is another blood-boiler entirely. As someone WITH Asperger's, if anyone shoots out an insult like that around me they get punched multiple times in the face by me AND my friends.
I don't want to be that person, but I get where a lot of the 'gross brony' thing comes from. There was some real nasty-ness when DerpyGate broke out. The love and tolerance things really only got thrown around as a defense, any time there's been a big fandom disagreement thing, some of these guys have been the first to throw out internets rape and death threats. That Lyra plushie didn't help perception, either.

It sucks, because I loved ponies since I was a kid (I've still got gen 1 ponies somewhere) and not being able to share that outside of a couple similar irl friends is stupid but I don't because I kept seeing the internet fandom became really, really entitled and gross.

All that aside, the Asperger's comments are really shitty. Seriously, people need to stop with that shit.
Lythinae is offline   Reply With Quote