Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #76
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

So my best friend (the one I mentioned in my previous rant) has been acting really weird around me and it's really starting to upset me. Sometimes things are fine, and then there will be times where she acts like she wants nothing to do with me. She rarely talks to me when she is upset about something anymore, and she hardly even hugs me.
Like last night for example. We always go out for dinner after larp, and we were sitting there and I kept trying to talk to her and she would listen for like, 5 seconds then get distracted by someone else and talk to them. And before that, every time I went to sit near her, she would move away. It's like she's avoiding me.
We have this mutual friend, Derek, who she is becoming close to (in a friend-type way), and she is really cuddly with him, talks and texts him constantly, and hangs out with whenever she can. She has this other friend, Kyle, who I really dislike, but it's the same with him. She talks to the two of them constantly and is always super happy around them, and I get totally forgotten about. I feel like she is replacing me or something, and it really hurts. I shouldn't have to fight for my best friend's attention :/

Unread 12-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #77
Tofu Delivery

The problem I have is with ungrateful people and people who blame their issues on everything else but themselves.

Example was this guy who was complaining about how America was bad because Xmas was so commericalized and then went into a rant about humans in general and then went into a rant about women. I just sat there and got the popcorn, not feeding into his rage.

Mind you he claims that he's bad and rotten on purpose, yet he feels that everyone else in the world is 'horrible to be bad and disgusting.'

Or people who think it's the end of the world because they couldn't buy Skyrim or the newest game, but they have a house, parents make six figures, and never had to deal with bills, etc. at the age of 24.

Or people who get drunk and blame all of their issues on their parents who were drunks in the past.

It's annoying because I see so many people like this so often! Instead of complaining why don't you do something more positive about yourself?

Or the people in /cgl/ on 4chan.
Tofu Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #78
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
So my best friend (the one I mentioned in my previous rant) has been acting really weird around me and it's really starting to upset me. Sometimes things are fine, and then there will be times where she acts like she wants nothing to do with me. She rarely talks to me when she is upset about something anymore, and she hardly even hugs me.
Like last night for example. We always go out for dinner after larp, and we were sitting there and I kept trying to talk to her and she would listen for like, 5 seconds then get distracted by someone else and talk to them. And before that, every time I went to sit near her, she would move away. It's like she's avoiding me.
We have this mutual friend, Derek, who she is becoming close to (in a friend-type way), and she is really cuddly with him, talks and texts him constantly, and hangs out with whenever she can. She has this other friend, Kyle, who I really dislike, but it's the same with him. She talks to the two of them constantly and is always super happy around them, and I get totally forgotten about. I feel like she is replacing me or something, and it really hurts. I shouldn't have to fight for my best friend's attention :/

Wow.... reading this REALLY ticks me off for you Aki... I just... I hate when this kind of stuff happens to people I consider my friends (including you even if you are miles and miles away) I just... I understand how you feel and it reminds me of the times I was mistreated as a friend. I had a situation similar to yours and your friends but slightly reversed, I had a friend, we'll call her S, she and I grew exceptionally close over the first semester and we hung out I visited her at her on campus job and talked to her and kept her company, some of my friends and even my grandma said "I think she has a crush on you" granted I knew she was gay (we all did she was open about it) and I just assumed they were kidding or I'd brush it off with a "Nah we're just friends! We're just close is all" However when she approached me about it she kind of.... did it in a way that confused me and I wasn't able to understand so I was just like "we're friends right? I love you as a friend" yadda yadda and she knew I had a boyfriend, all that stuff and I thought we were ok, and after the talk I kind of got the feeling that she has feelings for me but I felt like this was just a misunderstanding, and we'd go back to normal. We didn't.... she avoided me, spoke to others, replaced me with another theatre person whom I introduced her to and said person ALSO ignored and avoided me. She then started hanging out with another girl on our floor and they're dating. And once the next year rolled around she just said these rude and rather hurtful things under the guise of jokes and I felt very upset about all of it but I didn't bother trying to talk to her or anything.

So I'm not trying to tell you THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN, I am just hurting for you because I know how you feel.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #79
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
*snip*
I'm really sorry to hear that It's always hard to lose a friend. I really hope this doesn't happen to me, because I've lost a best friend once, and it hurts really bad.

*hugs* thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. <3
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #80
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear that It's always hard to lose a friend. I really hope this doesn't happen to me, because I've lost a best friend once, and it hurts really bad.

*hugs* thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. <3
*hug back* I hope she comes to her senses soon. I'd try to sit her down when you have a chance and say "Listen, I feel like you're avoiding me and I don't appreciate it. I want to settle things and it's hard when we're both so busy, but the stress is added on by you seeming to ignore me. Tell me if you are or not and be honest. I'd hate to lose you as a friend and that's how I feel right now"
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #81
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
*hug back* I hope she comes to her senses soon. I'd try to sit her down when you have a chance and say "Listen, I feel like you're avoiding me and I don't appreciate it. I want to settle things and it's hard when we're both so busy, but the stress is added on by you seeming to ignore me. Tell me if you are or not and be honest. I'd hate to lose you as a friend and that's how I feel right now"
Yeah, that really is what I need to do. It's just hard getting her alone ><
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #82
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Yeah, that really is what I need to do. It's just hard getting her alone ><
My suggestion is sending her a text or email and making it sound serious and urgent enough that she has to listen.
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #83
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
My suggestion is sending her a text or email and making it sound serious and urgent enough that she has to listen.
I've tried on a few occasions to get together to talk, but crap keeps coming up or she bails on me. I think she is scared to talk to me or something
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #84
fujyoshi
BL goggles :D

Quote:
been there done that, I cut ties wit all my friends xD and haven't had a "best friend" in years. Nowadays it doesn't go past acquaintanceship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu Delivery View Post
Example was this guy who was complaining about how America was bad because Xmas was so commericalized and then went into a rant about humans in general and then went into a rant about women. I just sat there and got the popcorn, not feeding into his rage.
Well christmas is kinda commercialized. My family is not exchanging gifts anymore on christmas due to a church service that was mostly on debt and people making debts spending money on expensive christmas gifts. the pastor had a point in that considering the fact that my brother does have some significant debts to take care of and now he's thinking about getting christmas gifts for people.

On another note we're noticing alot 'a selfishness and ungratefulness within the extended family even though before we heard the word we had already gotten christmas presents for them but this is the last year we're doing it and from now on we're gonna do a big dinner instead and be grateful for what we already have. As mom says its Jesus' birthday anyway.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #85
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

So this is not really a rant, more of an update. But I talked to my aforementioned friend tonight. We had a really good talk actually. She said that she knows she has been pulling away from me lately, and she's mostly been doing it because she is worried about leading me on and hurting my feelings. As I mentioned before she knows I like her, but she was worried that if she was cuddly with me and stuff that it would be hard for me to be around her.
She also said that it's not that she's not interested in me, she just isn't interested in dating at ALL right now. It's like, the last thing on her mind. And I get that.. but it still sucks. However it kinda gives me hope that maybe one day down the road I might still have a chance. >.>

Anyway, we seemed to have worked out our issues, and hopefully we will go back to being the way we were now. We both agreed that is what we wanted, because we miss each other, so here's hoping!
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #86
Aurora65

I'll keep it short. Why are almost all headphones that have a remote made for Apple products? I got some VModa earbuds and the volume control doesn't work with my Android phone. The mic does, and one button (out of three) partially works. -.-
Aurora65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #87
Aurora65

And Akiyhrah, I'm sorta going through the same thing. Found this awesome new female friend (and sort of more than a friend) who is now too busy to hang out with me. I work right down the road from her house. -.- *sigh*
Aurora65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #88
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I know this is a strange thing to worry about, but I keep getting worried that I'm stupid.

I did well in school up until university, but on the other hand that was mostly because I kept to myself and did a lot of reading. When I began college (and thus wasn't on a strict schedule) I began slipping. And just a few months ago I had to drop out of university after I failed my course's second year (after two retakes).

Sometimes I feel like I'm the last person to understand something or hear about something (even in regards to areas like computing and gaming, which I'm are my areas of expertise).

And then there's the matter of my communication skills; I keep realising that I'm just repeating the same phrases over and over again and structuring forum posts in the same way. It's reached the point where I cringe every time I type the word "Also;" near the end of a post or begin a new paragraph with "not to mention".

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #89
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

Well. I have a friend who is a very, very very important person. Lately stuff has been fucking awful for her for various reasons. I really really really really really freakin hate to see her upset and wish so badly that I could help somehow but usually feel like a completely useless bother and don't even
We've talked about it before. She's tried to reassure me I'm not a bother but I really can't shake the feeling.
I want to be useful and help her and..be there for her but
it feels like she won't let me
and it's painful
and she's so fucking worried always and it's aslgdkjakjfsakjfjkfjkvnrekjtiofgiosgdjkdgskj

RARARAR /tears up insides

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #90
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
Gee whatever happened to just random shipping? I guess some fandoms don't work like that :O I know when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh they pretty much ship it all ... Oh yea and tumblr is full 'a crap anyway there was a person that registered a year ago trying to pose as me posting some nonsense practically making me look bad and they won't even take it off despite that person being an idiotic troll because they believe in "freedom of speech". Then I said "well gee I'd watch that whole freedom of speech concept because some home grown terrorist could be planning another attack or to kill the president or some kinda crap and you people aren't doing anything about it". Now of course my situation is nothing compared to that but just the fact that it could get to that point and they would do nothing about it is not cool.
lol well I'm fine with random shipping but these guys were just so relentless and refused to believe it was canon. I'm fine with shipping others but I hate it when people try to tell me something isn't true. Hetalia fans are very serious about their pairings on tumblr, apparently '_'
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote