Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #1366
Squeaker-Ed
KNOCK KNOCK LOSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khos View Post
Well, I'm sorry that I freaked you out. I don't like page stretches, either. o.o

<3<3
It's alright. Far worse things could happen than a page stretch. XD

PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Ashley, Rusty, & Dinah {x2} (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1367
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khos View Post
Daenerys sounds like she's a really popular character to cosplay. I've seen a few popping up since the show started, though some of them are based off the books as well as the show. <3 I don't know that it's a show I'd necessarily cosplay, simply because there weren't any female characters I adored other than Daenerys, but I don't look anything like her. XD

Maybe that'll change with Natalie Dormer's character this second season. I've loved her since the Tudors. 8D
I think Dany has probably been cosplayed the most. At least from what I've seen.

Season 2 looks good. I think Rose Leslie will make an excellent Ygritte. So excited to see that character.

Natalie Dormer is pretty cool too.

I hear the direwolves may be bigger this season as well.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #1368
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

I've just been informed that my Dad's boss is expecting me to make one of her employees a wedding cake. Three months ago I was shown a picture on a phone and told, "Boss says you're making Coworker's cake. It should look like this." I told them I needed a confirmation, appointment and partial payment three months in advance, just like a traditional bakery. Period. End of story.
Coworker never made any effort to contact me. It doesn't help that she hates me, but if you expect me to make your wedding cake, you should at least send me a text or something. Boss is very busy, this I understand, but Boss also didn't attempt to make an appointment with me to discuss cake, or the making of it for this stupid girl's silly wedding.
No. effink. contact.
The wedding is in two weeks. TWO. WEEKS. On a Saturday. I work THREE JOBS. Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME. Dad says, "I told Boss, 'She can't expect to call at the last minute...' and Boss said, 'Oh she'll make it.'" Um no. Sorry, Not-MY-Boss. I may not have much of a social life, but I do work a LOT, contrary to popular belief, and I do NOT tolerate people abusing my kindness. Normally, if it's a smaller order, I have no problem doing a rush. I got a call on Thursday night for a 6" birthday cake on Saturday and I did it. But I specifically told these people that I needed 3 months notice for a three tiered bloody wedding cake with SUGAR FLOWERS. ARE WE KIDDING.

EDIT- I've just been informed that it's not a wedding, it's a fucking backyard engagement party that the bride doesn't even want. I need to go punch something.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #1369
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
EDIT- I've just been informed that it's not a wedding, it's a fucking backyard engagement party that the bride doesn't even want. I need to go punch something.
Why not bake the cake, then punch it before presenting it to them?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1370
4wheel
Supporter to all Players

^ I Legit lol'd!

Megacon or Metrocon... decisions, decisions.

PSN:MH4wheel
4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #1371
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Why not bake the cake, then punch it before presenting it to them?
My Dad works at a karate school.. both the bride and groom are instructors there. I could definitely take the groom no contest, but the bride fights dirty.

It's really the principal of the thing... plus it's incredibly stupid. It's like showing up to the midnight premiere of The Phantom Menace at 11:45pm and wondering why you're not getting a seat.

I'm mostly upset because they expected me to do it at the very last minute without ever even speaking directly TO me. They don't take me seriously.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #1372
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
My Dad works at a karate school.. both the bride and groom are instructors there. I could definitely take the groom no contest, but the bride fights dirty.

It's really the principal of the thing... plus it's incredibly stupid. It's like showing up to the midnight premiere of The Phantom Menace at 11:45pm and wondering why you're not getting a seat.

I'm mostly upset because they expected me to do it at the very last minute without ever even speaking directly TO me. They don't take me seriously.
FYI, I would totally pay to see this fight.
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #1373
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:

I know the feeling. My dad asked me if I could make him a website a while ago (I'm not a web programmer, but he apparently though programming was HTML). Then he asked if I could make an "archery app" for the iPhone (but refused to specify what he wanted beyond "something to calculate scores with") then accused me of not being bothered when I didn't produce anything.

That, for the record, is like asking a camera technician to make a Star Wars movie and turning up at the cinema a week later demanding a seat.

P.S. If this fight ever takes place, film it and post it here. =P

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #1374
pink-lemonade

Well, here goes nothing...

This male model from modelmayhem contacted me (I'm a photographer) and I suggested that we plan to set up a shoot. He agreed but said he wanted to wait until the weather got a bit nicer. He asked to add my facebook and I said sure since it's a lot easier to communicate that way. Well, just about the second that he realized I was female, he started openly hitting on me. I wasn't rude about it or anything, but I certainly wasn't flirtatious back because (A) I didn't know him and it was weird, and (B) I was only interested in establishing a professional relationship. Apparently he didn't like that very much because he deleted me. -.-

I'm pissed because I was really looking forward to working with a new male model (they're really hard to come by) and I'm pissed because I'm getting really friggin' tired of guys (note: ones that I have come in contact with recently, NOT all guys) assuming that just because they're interested in me, I should automatically be interested in them. Ugh.
Nico Yazawa (Super Idol)

Facebook // Tumblr
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #1375
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-lemonade View Post
/guy who thinks with his willy wang/
There seem's to be a level of expectation that goes way back, where single women are expected to be 'honored' or at least charmed by a man expressing attraction to her. Taking a note from a discussion I had elsewhere; Not very long ago it was considered 'good manners' for a man to take the company of a single woman at a party or dance scene JUST so she wouldn't have the image of having shown up as single. Not because he was interested in her, but so she wouldn't have to look like she was out alone. It was considered him being a gentleman to essentially play her date for the evening because she must be so torn up and sad to be seen alone.

Ever hear of 'Miss.Manners'? The 'etiquette' style column that get's posted up online? In a shinning beacon of astoundingly stupid gender expectations spewed forth from this woman's gullet hole; she told a young woman writing in that if she is not going to accept an invitation to a dance/party of some sort from the specific male that asked her, she should not attend at all. It would be considered rude to deny this boy and then go alone. Yes, this was recently and not published in 1940.

Returning to practices more 'current', how many men will 'hit on' a girl on the street because she's pretty but turn on her if she doesn't respond to his flirtation? The kinda guy's who will hit on girls at a club, but if they tell them to back off they start flipping out and go from flirting to hurling verbal abuse and calling names? It's some kind of expectation that women should be honored that someone complimented them or shows interest, they shouldn't feel uncomfortable! It's just a guy expressing how he thinks your hot! It's like in High School when a girl wouldn't date some rube of a boy and he went around calling her slut. Yes, she's a slut because she WONT sleep with you? How interesting, do go on.

Some people just feel entitled, male or female, and their fragile ego's cannot take the possibility of rejection.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #1376
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-lemonade View Post
Well, just about the second that he realized I was female, he started openly hitting on me. I wasn't rude about it or anything, but I certainly wasn't flirtatious back because (A) I didn't know him and it was weird, and (B) I was only interested in establishing a professional relationship. Apparently he didn't like that very much because he deleted me. -.-
It's for the best it didn't pan out --- his motivations weren't very noble. Though it does suck when you're contacted for a professional purpose, then you realize they aren't really there for that.

Allow me to doubt he "just realized" you were female later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Not very long ago it was considered 'good manners' for a man to take the company of a single woman at a party or dance scene JUST so she wouldn't have the image of having shown up as single.
Really?

I always thought guys did that so *they* would appear to be alone in front of their peers. Perspective I guess?
Kildread is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #1377
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Though it does suck when you're contacted for a professional purpose, then you realize they aren't really there for that.
Unless you're a hooker. Then it's pretty ideal.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #1378
Lithium Flower
Handphones

[quote=Kildread;4333793
I always thought guys did that so *they* would appear to be alone in front of their peers. Perspective I guess?[/QUOTE]

These statements where based from articles or advice columns published right around the time my mother would have been around 18 or so. Which advise women who are in their 20's and single to avoid going out without a male companion because she may be seen as a slut if she goes out alone.

I am sure that it was just as much for the boy's image, but that certainly isn't what the source was describing.

Sorry I should have been more specific and clear with what I was using for referencing.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1379
pink-lemonade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Okay, that made me laugh.

Thanks for listening (or reading I guess?) to my rant you guys. Feeling better already.
Nico Yazawa (Super Idol)

Facebook // Tumblr
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1380
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
But then, they *are* contacting you for your professional services.

Unless your request to have her make you breakfast, but that's paying a little much for that.
Kildread is online now   Reply With Quote