Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average.
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
TheRedRaven
Cartoon Cosplays

Weirdest Thing You Have In Your Room Due To Cosplay?

As cosplayers we all have our fair share of "weird" items. I was looking around my room today and realized.... if anyone sees this I'm gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do. For example: I have a giant paper mache head from my Happy Noodle Boy cosplay and also a plastic axe wearing a purple wig. I had an axe from a Halloween before cosplay propped up against my wall and nowhere to keep the wig safe, soooo....
TheRedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Umm well I have razors laying around my room (12...I think, I haven't counted them lately, but they are generally just floating around my room). I think it might confuse/scare the cleaning ladies who come to my house every other week... that and maybe the 4 Johnny Depp/Sweeney Todd posters that I have on my wall, and the two razor holsters with razor strops on them, as well as my costume which sometimes is just laying around. I really do wonder what the people who clean my house think of all my ST items... They must think I've gone crazy

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Well I have Grell Sutcliff's chainsaw and a pretty realistic looking streetsign for Shizuo Heiwajima in my closet. My Charden Flamberg bloody skull is on my bookcase next to my bed along with my 15 inch tophat, also for Charden. I also have a syringe that I use for Jizabel Disraeli next to Umehito Nekozawa's cursing doll, but the weirdest thing is probably my bullwhip for Ludwig from Ludwig revolution. And it's not helped by the fact that the whip is in the corner with my Ludwig hooker boots. XD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
lazer684
The Whale Shark

I definitely think my wig heads would scare normal people, especially since my friends and I have draw faces on them ( Oh gog, let me tell you about my Karkat one. xD ) and they have strange wigs on them. I have a lot of boy clothing/underwear thanks to casual crossplaying. Oh, and let's not forget about those props. xD I have all of my props/weapons piled up nicely in a corner in my room.

I have cosplay to thank for my extremely interesting room. : )
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A lot of boxes that seem to serve no apparent purpose but either are to be used in cosplay construction or hold stuff that I'm working on. And my wigs/wigheads leering down from the top of my closet. Not a whole lot right now...

Oh, and at my Mom's house? My Vexen shield here- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2041800/ mounted on my wall.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Aside from wig heads, strange hats, swords, spears, and loose fabric/prop-making materials, the strangest things upon walking into my group's cosplay room is a seven foot tall purple coffin and a seven and a half foot tall rifle. There are other things in there, but these really catch attention first.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

I think the wierdest thing I have in my room are my two katanas from my ninja-ing days. lol! Other than that...I'm a pretty normal closet nerd girl. ;D XD

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

for me id have to say my wigs..everytime a non cosplayer goes into my room they go "WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE!!??" and i have to explain EVERYTHING lol also i think its a lot of that i made faces on the heads.and on my cloud one i put sunglasses lol also i have a pretty realistic looking kingdom key keyblade..thats about it though
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Hm... The potato plushie I have signed by ALSDEAD on one side and a chibi face on the other.

At my bf's house, it's a toss up between his 6 ft sword and my 6 ft bazooka.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #10
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I have two rooms filled with stuff. My bedroom and the living room where I do all my sewing. It's fun to see people walk in the living room and see an entire rolling rack of costumes and ask what they are. And then the wig heads all over the place. One fun piece that gets a lot of questions lately is the cane I made for my friend's Ciel costume. It's a silver skull on a black cane. People just look at me really weird when I try to explain it. Another thing that throws people off when it's not in use is a 2 liter soda bottle filled with sand. I use it as a wig head stand since I don't own a real one and the sand weighs it down. If there isn't a wig head on it, people seem to assume I'm nuts and just filled a bottle with sand.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
Caerix
Gamer

I have a corner full of random merch from conventions, and the wig and wigcap that just sorta chill on my mirror. Oh, and I can't forget the collars, leashes, cat ears, wolf tails, and little buttons that have accumulated in my dresser and everywhere else.
~Zebra (Vocaloid) - 90%
~Zoey (L4D) - 75%
Caerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #12
Caerix
Gamer

Not to mention the two huge wooden pocky sticks I made :P
~Zebra (Vocaloid) - 90%
~Zoey (L4D) - 75%
Caerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
Mulot Dakrat

Well, I can easily explain the wigs, helmets, balljointed dolls and sewing equipment I have strewn around my room, but... even cosplayers arch a brow at the sight of my gas mask.

Sometimes I contemplate just telling them it's because I'm totally into BDSM related things.
Mulot Dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #14
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerix View Post
I have a corner full of random merch from conventions, and the wig and wigcap that just sorta chill on my mirror. Oh, and I can't forget the collars, leashes, cat ears, wolf tails, and little buttons that have accumulated in my dresser and everywhere else.
Your mention of tails made me think of another one! I have a four foot long black and white tiger tail on a belt that I made for my Byakko costume that hangs off the rolling rack. Sometimes that gets looked at really oddly as well.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #15
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Usually...it's just the costumes in general. It probably looks like I'm really into role playing in the bedroom, lol.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote