Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Avenly

Final Fantasy Vii Cloud strife soldier outfit color question

My fiancÚ and I have been arguing about the color of clouds soldier outfit. In the game itself it looks purple when your walking around. When your fighting it looks blue. In the art in the stray guide it looks blue. He swears up and down its purple I say its blue and I've never seen another cosplayer make it purple. (I could be wrong but it's hard to find original cloud cosplayers).

So I ask you cosplayer community what is the official color of clouds soldier outfit?

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2012 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater

Last edited by Avenly : 11-29-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Haha, this has me thinking now! xD Well, I may not be correct on this, but seeing that the Official Artwork of Cloud shows it as 'dark blue' I'm gonna have to say that is outfit is officially dark blue. :P Pic: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...d-FFVIIArt.png

Also in the official Dissidia Final Fantasy artwork, shows it as a very dark blue...
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ia_Artwork.png

But your fiancÚ is correct on his outfit being purple too. Though the Dissidia artwork shows it being dark blue, in game, it looks dark purple! O_O (To me)
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_Dissidia.jpg (maybe purple/blue??)
Even the new game that is coming out called 'Theatrhythm Final Fantasy' decided to show Clouds outfit clearly as purple as well lol.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ythm_cloud.png
...Sorry if I am making making you rip the hair out of your head right now... x'D

...I guess it honestly doesn't matter, you can base your cosplay outfit purely on the in-game FF VII and Dissidia (dark purple) or more on the artworks (dark blue) There is a lot of artwork and screen shots of Cloud out there, and most of them shows his outfit looking dark blue though... Almost even black. I'll be cosplaying Cloud someday, and I'll probably have mine in dark blue. But if it makes you feel any better, I have seen this cosplay of Cloud being done in both colors.
Hahaha, I guess Cloud has two outfits throughout the game then, which he actually changes (EVERY BATTLE ENCOUNTER?!) - unlike most anime and video game characters who wear the same outfit 24/7 lol. xD

Last edited by Liliana : 11-29-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Avenly

Alright then lol! So his soldier outfit is changing color outfit. So if we want to be super accurate we need fabric that can change color from dark blue To dark purple awesome! Lol!!!

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2012 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote