Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
iaShakezula

I agree Nurarhiyon no Mago seem to be underrated.. I actually like this title a lot but it didint get a lot of press compared to the anime streamed in Crunchyroll. The animation may be lacking but the manga is pretty good. I cosplayed as Rikuo and tried to get a group going but it didnt finish.

I really liked Katanagatari and the same thing as Nura , this anime didnt get a lot of exposure either. I really like the character design of this anime.
PMX

I will be cosplaying all Sports Genre anime this time around.

Kuroko no Basket game shorts
Ace of Diamond Seido Team shirt
Haikyuu game uniform and team warmer
Baby Steps Ei- chans tournament shirt

iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

There's some good ones in here.

My personal vote is Rideback. I watched it on a whim last Gencon with a few friends and we all thought it was excellent! But I haven't even seen it mentioned here since I joined, and had never heard of it prior, or since. Such a shame.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...

Last edited by Spiritwalker : 03-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #18
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

kurokami is pretty underrated as well as shakugan no shana which has been around for years now
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #19
rinya

Last Exile.
rinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Black Cat is a wonderful series with a ton of characters and I really only ever see people cosplay the main three.

Though that's why it makes me so happy when I see Black Cat cosplayers other than Train, Sven and Eve. Don't get me wrong, I still love seeing those three, but that anime has a gajillion characters who don't get enough cosplay love.

I've cosplayed Charden and am going to cosplay Lin Xiao Li with two friends as Jenos Hazard and Sephiria Arks, so points for team Minor characters!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
SukishoIsLove

Chihayafuru!

Also agree with T&B and Pandora Hearts

Future Cosplay:
Asuna - SAO
Chihaya - Chihayafuru
Kasahara - Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
SukishoIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
koreanjuliette

Definitely agree with Kaze No Stigma and Yakitate! Japan. Those were one of my favorite animes ever <3
I'm not sure if there's a lot of people who know about Anohana, but I feel like that's an underrated anime as well.
It's definitely one of the only animes that's ever made me cry.
koreanjuliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
sanriah

I haven't met a lot of people who've seen Kaitou Saint Tail, its one of the first animes I ever watched and I've always enjoyed rewatcing it. I have a friend that loves Kaze No Stigma, I have it on my TO WATCH list but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I have watched most of Morbito and loved it! I saw Rideback on netflix but I wasnt sure if it was any good or not, now I will check it out. Also I recently finished watching Hana-Saku Iroha and Kamisama Dolls recently. They are both fairly newer animes but most of the people I talk to haven't heard of them. I know I read somewhere that Kamisama Dolls wasn't very well received and that it was unlikely to have a second season (which I home isn't true) But I really enjoyed it despite the main female leads gigantic boobs. I agree with koreanjuliette Anohaha is such a good anime but like the ones I mentioned earlier I havnt heard it mentioned a lot. Noin is a great anime to that I dont hear a lot about

Last edited by sanriah : 03-18-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
sanriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
shakugan no shana which has been around for years now
I just started this series on Friday, it's so good! I want to cosplay Friagne ^^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

Yes! Pandora Hearts and Baccano are both awesome and deserve more love! I adore those two shows!

I'm going to say that Accel World and Sacred Seven need more appreciation. Yes the first is in the middle of airing and the second is old (and I haven't finished it yet) but they are both very good.
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
iamthelain

I always thought that Hoshi no koe was very under rated. The artwork is amazing, the plot is fairly simple but I feel that if it had been more compicated it would have detracted from the point that was being made. Some times a simple story can convey a stronger emotional point.
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
strangewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi26 View Post
I'm going to say that Accel World and Sacred Seven need more appreciation. Yes the first is in the middle of airing and the second is old (and I haven't finished it yet) but they are both very good.
I second Accel World! (Haven't seen Sacred Seven). I like the balance between story progression and fight scenes. Usually the story freezes while characters duke it out, but Accel World has managed to keep things flowing. Well, at least so far. (Episode 11 has me a little worried.)

Current Project:
Diana [ver. Dark Valkyrie]

Future Projects:
Caithe
strangewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #28
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

Kaleido star, brave 10 and Hakuouki ( or it atleast pretty much underrated in sweden xD )

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 10 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #29
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Air is extremely underrated. It's not as long as other Key/Visual Art's anime like Clannad and Kanon 2006 (it's only 12 episodes), whereas Clannad has 48 episodes if you count the second season After Story (plus OVAs), and Kanon 2006 has 26 episodes. It also only has 3 heroines instead of Clannad and Kanon's 5 each, which is a takeaway for some people.
It's such a beautiful, heart-breaking/warming story, and remains my favorite anime to date. It definitely deserves more love.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #30
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Watched Tiger and Bunny based on recommendations here, and happy to say I very much enjoyed it. I'm watching Kaze no Stigma now - love the main character, not as fond of the female lead but so far it's been interesting.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote