Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Glacial Solace

Smile Male Guardian Corp?

I'm planning a cosplay of a male guardian corp member and using the concept art from FF13 as my base. However, I'm also going to be mixing in some features from Amodar's jacket into this costume.. the hard part is going to getting a whole lots of belts and buckles for this..

I was thinking of using Military Canvas as opposed to leather belts, and making the pauldrons out of paper with a reinforcement of bondo... I will post a picture of my notes later

PS: I'm new to this forum and I have a convention coming up in April that I hope to complete this by! !

Last edited by Glacial Solace : 12-04-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Glacial Solace is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Trinitykeyblade

Hey I hope this isn't too late but I'm not sure if it'll be of any help anyways... I'd say Military canvas would work perfectly for belts- probably alot easier to work with too. I just recently finished the belts on my sister's Lulu dress and mixing fabric/leathery belts can also work if you can't get enough of the type or work with them. For the pauldrons though, I've never tried reinforcing paper with bondo I would actually suggest craft foam with podge or watered down wood glue for strength. then you can even cut gaps to insert glow sticks if you want the lines to glow! Craft foam is just a bit stronger IMO due to the added flexibility :P good luck with this anyways- at one point I wanted to stick Hope in this for a cosplay but now that I'm up to my elbows in Noel's cosplay, I don't think that'll happen :P
Trinitykeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote